Too Soon?

Rob562

I have but I am having using with app

I've never tried customizing the Bands in the app. I'm not even 100% sure it's possible. You may have to log into the mydisneyexperience.com website on a regular computer (or at least using the browser on your phone) rather than in the app.

If you *can* customize your Bands in the app, it would appear in the My MagicBands & Cards section.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Jahona

if you go this year and get magic bands and then go next year do you get new ones?

Any time you make a Disney Resort Reservation you have the option to receive MagicBands. There are people on here who have dozens of them since launch. You also now have the option to turn down the MagicBand if you already have one.

TL:DR - you get a MagicBand every time you stay at a Disney Resort.

Upvote 0

Mongomil

Get them as soon as you want. Was 200 days out and got some of mine. I was just talking to a CM yesterday and she said you can have up to six bands linked at one time. So get a few and link them all and switch them out when you like is what I got from her.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'm going 10/29-11/4. I've already made a resort reservation for "Back to School Savings" from August through November 5 and I've already customized my MB. You can customize and re-customize as much as you want until they are shipped 30 days out.

Upvote 0

BettieM16

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!! I think I'm buying mine this week!! Future hubby is doing gray but I think I gonna be crazy and get a fancy one haha!!! I was just so confused at how that works...do I order them do they just send them to me...haha

Upvote 0

BettieM16

Original Poster
Ok apparently I'm still confused....I don't understand the whole "included" thing...does that mean they send them regardless of what if we buy them or...?? Sorry guys!!!

Upvote 0

Jahona

You don't have to buy them if you are staying on Disney property. The only reason to buy one is if you want one of the themed magic bands. You will be able to choose a solid color one for everyone on your reservation. It will be under MyDisneyExperience - MagicBands and Cards.

Upvote 0

BettieM16

Original Poster
You don't have to buy them if you are staying on Disney property. The only reason to buy one is if you want one of the themed magic bands. You will be able to choose a solid color one for everyone on your reservation. It will be under MyDisneyExperience - MagicBands and Cards.
Ok thank you! So I'll just need to choose his and then order mine. How will the one I order link to our reservation?

Upvote 0

Woodywrkr

Ok thank you! So I'll just need to choose his and then order mine. How will the one I order link to our reservation?
You will have to log into your My Disney Experience account and link the band to your account using the ID number for that band. As others have mentioned, you can have multiple bands (and cards) linked to an account. All the bands are valid simultaneously and can be used interchangeably.

By the way, anyone who doesn't like to wear a band can ask for a card at check in. It will function just like the band (Fastpass+, charging, room door, etc.)

Upvote 0

BettieM16

Original Poster
You will have to log into your My Disney Experience account and link the band to your account using the ID number for that band. As others have mentioned, you can have multiple bands (and cards) linked to an account. All the bands are valid simultaneously and can be used interchangeably.

By the way, anyone who doesn't like to wear a band can ask for a card at check in. It will function just like the band (Fastpass+, charging, room door, etc.)
Thanks good to know!!!

Upvote 0

Jahona

On a side note you can opt out of getting your MagicBand but at the same time it's "free" so you could end up with two if you decide to also get a themed band.

Upvote 0

BettieM16

Original Poster
On a side note you can opt out of getting your MagicBand but at the same time it's "free" so you could end up with two if you decide to also get a themed band.
Well I just saw they don't have the themed band I wanted so looks like we will both be doing the "free" ones

Upvote 0

Jahona

Well I just saw they don't have the themed band I wanted so looks like we will both be doing the "free" ones

Alternatively you can also check out the MagicBand custom shop at the giftshop of Space Mountain. It has a lot of cool designs to choose from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom