Trip Report Too Many Cupcakes: Our First Trip Report! **Completed finally!!**

Hey everyone! So I decided to start my first trip report! ;) I love reading other reports and have always wanted to try writing one :) So here goes...

On this trip will be me, Gina and my husband Scott. This will be our 5th trip together. We love going to Disney and nobody else really understands why...every trip we hear "you are going again? Didn't you just go?" :mad: This will be our first trip since May 2012!

wedding photo :)

So a little pre-trip..the two weeks leading up to our leaving was very stressful! 10 days before we were supposed to leave I came down with the flu. It really kicked my butt. I was out of work for a week, couldn't hardly move never mind get things together for our trip.So the week I was sick my husband called and told me where he works they have a rewards program where you get points that are turned into gift cards...and Disney gift cards was an option! Score! So he had 300 in points, plus I had a $100 in disney gift cards from Christmas. Well...the wednseday before he leaves he calls me and tells me he just got a 500 point reward bonus! So we had now about $900 in disney gift cards! Its nice going on vacation and not having to worry about money. Then while we were gone we were going to be having work done on our house. We had lead paint in the house and were having an environmental company come out to remove it, put in new windows, doors, etc. So a couple days before we left, I found out that some of the doors I picked out were discontinued, so they had to come out to measure some more stuff and I had to re-pick new doors. I have no time for this! So by the time friday came I was ready to be out!

Our trip was February 1st-8th at Bay Lake Tower. My parents are DVC members, so we were able to stay on their points. :) We were flying out of Hartford direct flight to MCO. The night before was the usual last minute packing, running errands, and I had to drop off my fur children with my parents.

Daisy(dog) and Bella my furkids! I was so sad to leave them!

February 1st:

Travel days are the worst!! We were up at 4:45 am after getting about three hours of sleep. :mad: Everything went smoothly at the airport..except for the TSA agent screaming that I left my belt on...sorry dude! Now I ABSOLUTELY hate flying...I'm sweating just thinking about it! I had a mini melt down right before we boarded the plane.:cry: Popped a Xanax and off we went! Ride was smooth (according to my husband!) and we landed about 20 minutes early! Yeah! So off we went with magic bands in hand to the magical express. I don't know how many times we have been to MCO and seem to always loose our way when finding DME. Ended up on the wrong side of the terminal. So after about 15 minutes we were finally in line. We waited close to 20 minutes for a bus and finally we were on our way!

Soon we were seeing this beautiful sight! We were the last stop of course! :mad: This would be our first time at BLT. Every time we go they are always booked, but luckily I was able to get us a reservation for the full 8 days. We usually always stay at the Boardwalk Villas, so I was excited to try something new! Check in was a breeze, our room was ready, things were going well! We took the skywalk over to our room:

kitchen area with full length mirror that doubled as my makeup/hair straightening area!

We just had a standard view, but were able to see the bay lake and the castle on the left! The room was very nice. At this point it was around noon and we were STARVING!! So we walked over to Contempo Cafe in the main concourse. We picked up some mugs and got some grub!

Scott got a chicken sandwich that had a salsa like sauce on it...I thought it was good but he thought the sauce was too much. I got a chicken chop salad with cilantro vinaigrette dressing..I'm not a huge cilantro fan but the dressing was delicious! And we got a worms in dirt cupcake! Pleasantly full we were off to Epcot!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 1 continued...

So we hopped on the monorail...rode to the TTC...and changed monorails...and shortly later we were in Epcot!:joyfull:

You can't tell from this picture, but on top of SSE there looked to be a huge patch of dirt. Looked very odd to see it so dirty. :eek: Got through ticketing with our magic bands, no problems at all. I had heard a lot of bad things before our trip about MB, but so far I was a fan!

Up first was SSE! Waiting in line, we could already smell the burning of Alexandria! Next was Club Cool.. then walked over to look at the line for Soarin'...ah yeah we knew better! So we rode The Land:

I want this for my backyard!
We knew our test track FP was coming up..while walking that way we saw character spot only had a 5 minute wait. I convinced Scott this was a good idea:)

yeah..Minnie wanted nothing to do with me!

Got in line for test track..it was fun designing your own car, I let Scott do it all as long as I could pick out the color! :p

Overall we enjoyed the design upgrade. I could definitely deal with them removing the tractor trailer(hate that part!!)! We decided to walk over to World Showcase..it was close to 5 and we had a reservation at Via Napoli!

gorgeous night!

Our reservation was for 5:45, but they sat us at 5:30. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Epcot. Love their pizza!

Sat down and ordered some drinks!

yeah beer!!

We ordered arancini(fried risotto balls) and split a small pepperoni pizza. Last time we ate here in 2012 the risotto balls were so good..I couldn't wait to have them again. First bite and I was so dissapointed. They tasted so different. :banghead: They had a very gooey texture, not a lot of flavor. But the pizza was good.

So full after we were done (and I had a nice buzz)! We walked around WS a little bit more, and we were exhausted. 3 hours a sleep + pitcher of beer + massive amount of carbs= we were fading fast! Got back to the room and started to unpack our luggage. Wishes was about to start, so went out to the balcony.

We were so relaxed and happy to be at our most favorite place watching the fireworks from our room. This was definitely one my favorite moments of the trip. :inlove: After they were over I decided to unpack my huge, heavy duty duffel bag. I went to wheel it over to the bed and I see there is a huge whole in the bottom, and one the side of the bag. Umm...what? I've only used the bag maybe twice before. I was in a slight panic worried that something had fallen out. After I realized everything was there I was irritated!!!:mad: Obviously things happen, but the wheel had been ripped out, the casing around the wheel, then more of the fabric around it. And then on the side, the fabric had completely ripped. The bag was not usable anymore. Scott called Southwest to ask them about and was told to call the MCO Southwest luggage desk.Well we can see where this is going. So Scott called, before he could even finish his sentence, the very rude woman said "well its disney's fault." Okay...I guess they inspect all luggage before they bring it to the resort, so according to her they should of seen it if Southwest had ruined the bag. So Scott got a hold of DME and after much transferring, spoke to the manager Gallo. Scott explained that we basically wanted to let them know what happened. Gallo was so awesome. He apologized and said they were sending us a new bag! Awesome! We weren't looking for them to give us a new bag, but it definitely saved me from buying something in the gift shop. He said we would have one tomorrow.

hello hole in bottom of my luggage!:mad:

So after that we were beyond tired and it was time to hit they hay...AK in the morning!

Last edited:

jlsHouston

Ahh! BLT! I'm following! I scored some dvc points for the last weekend of my spring break visit for BLT! It will be my first time there too.
Sounds like a great first day!

PartOfYourWorld

Following along here! Reading all these reports has me itching to get down to WDW in 6 (pretty much 5 now since it's almost midnight) days!

I have to say what an awesome Standard room view you got there! I think I would go there and watch Wishes every night if I had that room!

I laugh at your picture of the snowman made out of sand (so sandman?) in Living with the Land...being not far from you right now over in the grand ol' state of MA we're getting pounded with snow....ugh.

What a bummer about your bag...i can't even imagine how someone or something managed to make a hole like that! Even if the wheel got caught...I can't imagine it ripping like that...

Can't wait to read more! :)

geebee721

Original Poster
loving your report :)

Thanks for reading! :)

Ahh! BLT! I'm following! I scored some dvc points for the last weekend of my spring break visit for BLT! It will be my first time there too.
Sounds like a great first day!

You will love BLT!! I don' think I ever want to stay anywhere else! We loved having a path so we could walk to MK.

Following along here! Reading all these reports has me itching to get down to WDW in 6 (pretty much 5 now since it's almost midnight) days!

I have to say what an awesome Standard room view you got there! I think I would go there and watch Wishes every night if I had that room!

I laugh at your picture of the snowman made out of sand (so sandman?) in Living with the Land...being not far from you right now over in the grand ol' state of MA we're getting pounded with snow....ugh.

What a bummer about your bag...i can't even imagine how someone or something managed to make a hole like that! Even if the wheel got caught...I can't imagine it ripping like that...

Can't wait to read more! :)

Yeah we scored big time with our view. I was expecting much..so I was pleasantly surprised! And yes this snow is out of control! So over it...two Nor'earsterns in two weeks.:banghead: Thanks for reading along! :)

PineapplePrincess

Bummer about your bag, but I'm so happy you didn't lose anything, and that they gave you a new bag! We loved BLT, and are staying there again in July. DD & I also used the kitchen area as our makeup and hair doing spot! Looking forward to reading more!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 2: Ak and Superbowl Sunday!

Woke up early this morning and ready to hit AK! It was super foggy when we woke up...

very shutter island-esque..
we grabbed some breakfast at Contemp Cafe and we were off!

waiting for the bus selfie;)

The fog had finally burned off by this time we got to the park right after opening. We headed right over to Kilimanjaro Safari and were on in about 10 minutes. This was the best safari we had ever been on. The animals were extremely active.

lazy hippos...

baby elephant!

After we got off, we walked through the Pangani Forest Trail.

lazy gorilla

After we got our we walked over to Dinosaur for our fast passes. I was noticing how super busy it was becoming. Like swarms of people. And it was starting to get really warm...not a good combination! Dinosaur was fun as always and I was a chicken of course when the carnotaurus screams in your face!

Love that the person behind me put a map over their face! LOL

We stopped in a gift shop to get Scott a new AK cereal bowl. My parents had bought him one on their trip in November, and because as my husband says, I have feet for hands, I dropped and broke it a week later. So I promised him we would find him another! After buying and shipping it back to the hotel (I love that!) it was becoming WAAYY too busy. The Brazilian tour groups were out in full force, it was out of control. We've never had a problem with them before, but this trip they were crazy. We could barely get over the bridge connecting Dino Land to Discovery Island..so we thought it best to get back to the hotel for lunch and some pool time!

Got back to BLT in no time, changed into our suits and stopped at Contemp Cafe for some lunch. Scott got the spice crusted mahi sandwich, and I got the kids' cheeseburger. Mine was good, but Scott's sandwich wasn't that great. The spice on the outside was way too salty and the fish was really dry.

And in honor of super bowl sunday...we got a football cupcake! It was so delicious!!

Ahh...I couldn't wait to get out into the sun! We've had a long, cold, snowy winter here in Massachusetts, so I was more than ready to get some color.

We got some drinks and relaxed! The pool area is very nice. It was not crowded at all. We stayed out for a couple of hours..did not want to overdo the sun on our second day. So we were trying to decide where to watch the Super Bowl. Personally, I could had cared less if we watched the game. I like watching football (Go Pats!), but this game just didn't interest me. So, we decided to stay in the room, watch the game until half time and then off to MK for extra magic hours!

geebee721

Original Poster
So the minute the first half was over I was ready to go! MK had EMH tonight till 12..and it would be our first time being at MK in almost 2 years! We took the walkway over to MK. It was only about a 10 minute walk, another reason I love BLT so much! We had reservation at LIberty Tree Tavern for 8:30. As we entered MK, Wishes was just about getting over. Bad timing on our part! The second it was over, I felt like we were swimming upstream. We were trying to go towards the castle, and EVERYONE else was going the opposite direction. It was insane. So we finally made it over to LTT and were seated right away.

love this salad dressing!

Any Game of Thrones fans? I refused to drink this coffee!!

Dinner was very good...we did have a table behind us where the parents let their daughter (probably 5) scream and scream and scream the entire meal. And she screamed because her brother was punching her the whole meal. :banghead::banghead::banghead: What is wrong with people!

Watched the very last of the MSEP. Rode haunted mansion next, and then walked over to the new fantasyland. Tangled is my favorite Disney movie, and I think they did an excellent job with the restroom area..I loved it! LOL I'm glad we saw it at night first with the laterns lit up. I wish I could have those in my backyard!

Did a few rides in fantasyland, was really just soaking up the moment that we were at MK :)

Also rode the new Little Mermaid ride. I thought it was cute! I definitely sang the entire time!

We also stopped the Beauty and Beast gift shop and I tried not to buy everything there! Next we were off to Tomorrow Land...

on the TTA!
Rode buzz and did the Laughing Floor. I didn't take a lot of pictures, I was so happy to be there I was just taking in the moment! After a little more wandering, it was close to midnight so we decided to start heading back to the room.

So the 10 minute walk to BLT seems much longer when you are tired and ready for bed!! When we came back to the room we had this waiting for us:

It was a really nice bag that Disney had sent us in place for my bag that was ripped.I was very surprised. :)

PMC0849

Superbowl Sunday was our last day there, my wife and I skipped the game since I am a cynical Lions fan who never sees a winning football team. But we were definitely at MK the same time as you, I got an almost identical shot of that dragon during the parade.

Love the report so far!

geebee721

Original Poster
I love this! Such great service from DME! Enjoy that beautiful room!
Yes we were very surprised and and very happy with DME customer service.

Cant wait for more!
Thanks for reading!

Looks like so much fun!!
It was!! Can't wait to get back!

Bummer about your bag, but I'm so happy you didn't lose anything, and that they gave you a new bag! We loved BLT, and are staying there again in July. DD & I also used the kitchen area as our makeup and hair doing spot! Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for reading! I love BLT...I can't wait to stay there again! Such a gorgeous hotel :)

Superbowl Sunday was our last day there, my wife and I skipped the game since I am a cynical Lions fan who never sees a winning football team. But we were definitely at MK the same time as you, I got an almost identical shot of that dragon during the parade.
Love the report so far!
Oh nice! Yeah I like football, but no enough to watch games that my team isn't in LOL

Great report! Love the pics! The nighty castle pics are awesome! Cant wait for more!!
Thanks!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 3..Typhoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney

We woke up early this morning because we had a 8:20 reservation for 1900 Park Fare. This would be the first time for both of us. So we jumped on the monorail and made our way over to the Grand Floridian.

We were sat down right away and it was time to eat! I loved that they had an omelet station! It was soo good..

And I also got the strawberry soup. It was so good. I LOVE anything with strawberries in it, so this was fantastic! And every time I'm at WDW, I feel I eat an abnormal amount of chocolate croissants. They are so good!:hungry:

This was Scott's plate. He loved the lobster eggs benedict. Everything was really good. And it was my first time trying POG juice..and I'm a fan! Our waitress was very attentive, maybe a little too much. Every time Scott took a sip of his juice, she would come over and refill that one sip..I couldn't stop laughing. Then she ended up setting the bottle right next to his head..

It was funny. So breakfast was delicious and we waited for the characters to make their way to us. And waited. And waited. :bored: Hmmm. I didn't want to sit around half the morning, so we decided to leave. I was a little bummed we didn't get any pictures with the characters. We've never had that happen before..oh well.

So back to BLT, changed and we were off to Typhoon Lagoon. I didn't bring my phone or camera so no pictures. :( I kind of regretted it once we were there. I didn't want to rent a locker or just leave my stuff on the chair, so I left it behind. This was my first time back to TL in almost 20 years. I never really had any desire to go..huge swimming areas kinda freak me out. I know there is enough chlorine (I hope) to kill everything in the water, but it still grosses me out! But, Scott really wanted to go, and I'm glad we went! It was so fun! The wave pool was crazy, we spent a couple hours in it. The lazy river was very relaxing. We laid out in the sun and relaxed. It was dead most of the day, but by 1:30, it was starting to get busy, and brazilian tour groups were starting to show up, screaming and being obnoxious. So back to BLT(after waiting 45 mins for a bus :mad:, took a nap, showered and were off to Downtown Disney!

gorgeous day!

First thing we thought about when we got off the bus was food! We hadn't eaten since breakfast, it was close to 5 and we were starving! So off to Wolfgang Puck Express. I love this place. It is definitely my favorite QS. There was hardly anyone there. I was surprised, every time we've eaten there its been really busy. Scott got the bacon wrapped meatloaf and I got a traditional margherita pizza. So good! I have never had a bad meal here.

Stopped in the christmas store after we left:

love these!

Stopped in Tren-D

Poked around in World of Disney and Arribas

I want....
Went into Basin next..

I love this store! I could spend tons of money in here.

Mickey Soap!! :inlove:

geebee721

Original Poster

I made a candle for our friend's birthday. I love their soy candles.

I even got Scott to try some of the scrubs. He said they were nice, but as you can tell did not appreciate to paparazzi stalking him. ;)
The sun was starting to set and it was beautiful!

We stopped at Ghirardelli for some ice cream...so good.

After we decided to walk over to West Side.

So since our first trip together, Scott has been wanting to try Disney Quest. This was the first time we have added on the water parks and more option, so we decided to give it a try. Of course we was WAY more into it than I. LOL. It is basically a huge, free arcade. When we first got in they had a jungle cruise motion ride. You sit in a raft and there is a screen in front of you and you have to paddle to get around things, Won't be bad, right? WRONG!! Very very wrong! This platform under your raft inflates so you feel like you are on the water. Between that and the screen, I was not feeling very good. It was a cool concept, but not something i would EVER go on again. We were there for about an hour, it was fun but I think it would be my last time there. At least my husband appreciated it. :inlove:

Walked around a little more and stopped at Splitsville for some drinks.

After a few more, we decided it was probably best to start heading back. We had to full day planned for tomorrow! Stopped in a few more stores on the way out and once we got back to the Contemporary, I decided to stop in the gift shop to get a new Alex & Ani bracelet. (Because buzzed shopping is a good idea, right?);)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom