Too late for January 1BR rentals?

EdC

Original Poster
First post on the boards here, long time reader of the site. Would any DVC members have insight as to if any single bedroom units would still be available at OKW (Old Key West), Bay Lake or AKL? Following through David's site and it seems it might be a long shot at only 5/6 months out. Don't want to put money down for renting points if there is zero chance of availability.

MaxsDad

I did not see your dates or length of stay. However, OKW looks wide open still. There is good availablity at the others. In general, I have found that marathon weekend books up quickly.

dreamfinder

If you provide dates a DVC member might be night enough to check for you. But now that DVC has their own online availability checker, Davids should be able to tell you if there is availability or not without taking money, although they may or may not have members with points available.

EdC

Original Poster
Very true, sorry for being so vague especially when you're all trying to help out. I was looking at January 12th-16th to avoid some of the Marathon crowd or January 5th-9th. I do appreciate your help and posts!

dreamfinder

You will have better luck the week after the Marathon. Marathon runners will start showing up on Weds, since races start on Thursday. The 5th-9th looks like only SSR has spots for a single stay. You may be able to cobble something together elsewhere by reservation hopping if you desire. The 12th-16th looks like plenty of availability for multiple places. Bay Lake might be tough, but AKL (More at Kidani) and OKW show availability every night for a 1 BR of some class. Of course this is subject to change by the time David's actually gets someone to book it for you. But you should be able to get something the 12-16th for certain.

slappy magoo

You will have better luck the week after the Marathon. Marathon runners will start showing up on Weds, since races start on Thursday. The 5th-9th looks like only SSR has spots for a single stay. You may be able to cobble something together elsewhere by reservation hopping if you desire. The 12th-16th looks like plenty of availability for multiple places. Bay Lake might be tough, but AKL (More at Kidani) and OKW show availability every night for a 1 BR of some class. Of course this is subject to change by the time David's actually gets someone to book it for you. But you should be able to get something the 12-16th for certain.

Well the good news it, it being less than 7 months out, anyone's points will work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom