Too Cool Tomorrowland

dianedisney

Original Poster
On my last trip to DL I went once again into Innovations and was once again disappointed. I thought maybe the first time I just wasn't in the right frame of mind and it would be better the second time around....wrong. So I got to thinking and remembering the Tomorrowland of years gone by seeing what a fresh new tomorrow would look like. I would dearly love to have that feeling again. I got to thinking what I would do with Innovations if given the opportunity, and here is basically what I came up with.....totally changing the inside to resemble a "Space Station" of the future with a restaurant serving futuristic food and wild drinks. Put in a cool video arcade and close the one over by HiStA and change it into a "Karioke/Make your own Disney Video" place with Disney Backdrops and songs. Also in Innoventions have a "Meditation/Wellness" center where if you choose to pay to have massages and relax. That would be such a cool way to take a quiet break while the kids are on some rides. What would you all like to see if they decided to redo Innovations???? Who knows....maybe Disney is listening in......have a Disney Day!!:sohappy:

Merlin

Account Suspended
I think that massage idea is an excellent one!

I know exactly what you are talking about with regard to "that old feeling" of excitement at seeing what tomorrow had to offer. I think that is a much bigger challenge these days because we have things like the Internet where people have such rapid access to information...We're not as easily impressed anymore!

However, I think there are still some ways that Innoventions could be spiced up and perhaps even bring back that feeling. For example, they used to have a place on Main Street next to the Magic Shop where you would go in and they had models and drawings of future Disneyland attractions. I think it would be cool if Innoventions had a section where they did that. They could even take it to the next generation and maybe have computer simulations of what the attraction would be like from the guest's point of view.

dianedisney

Original Poster
Yes, I think anything would be an improvement. When we went in to Innovations this last time half the computers were not working correctly. Some demonstration about digital cameras which is just an infomerical live instead of on TV. Have a Disney Day!!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Yeah that's a shame.

Even if they were to take some ideas from Epcot's Innoventions, they'd have some improvements. My wife and I were just talking today about how one of the sponsors (maybe GE?) was showcasing this futuristic oven there. I don't think they do it anymore. But anyway, the thing that stands out about that is they demonstrated this oven's efficiency by baking tollhouse cookies in it and then giving them out to the guests! That was pretty cool.

dianedisney

Original Poster
:slurp: MMMMMMmmmmm....Toll House Cookies one of my favorites. That would be good. Anyway I will be coming down again with my family over Halloween never been to DL during this holiday so I am looking forward to it. Who know's maybe Innovations will have something new. Have a Disney Day!!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom