Tony's Town Square Restaurant

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in November and thinking about eating at Tony's Town Square restaurant. Can you give me your opinion of Tony's and what is good to eat?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its a nice place to take a load off, reasonable comfortable seating. Our last time dining there was in October and the menu is still the same. I'm sure you'll hear cat calls of comparing it to Olive Garden, but if you look at the menu and shy away from the obvious kiddie bait (pizza) you'll enjoy it. Its not gourmand friendly... no sliding up to the trough for buckets of free toppings or slop.

We usually get the the tomoato and mozzarella salad with my wife usually ordering the Spaghetti and I the fish or Cannelloni.

aladdin2007

We have always enjoyed Tony's however as of late the service has become "I dont care" attitude and the food is already prepped sitting in the back waiting to be delivered to the table. Def nothing to write home about anymore sadly, but still like the atmosphere.

bethymouse

I never understood the comparison to Olive Garden. The food has always been good. My husband really enjoyed his steak for dinner. It is loud, like most Disney restaurants. We have always had decent service. For lunch though IMHO, it is a bit pricey. However, dinner is a nice choice. If you can't get Be Our Guest, then Tony's is a nice option with the Lady and the Tramp theme.;)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can only make the assumption that people categorize it by places they frequent. IMHO Olive Garden is a place for soup and salad at best... otherwise its just pasta and meat pounded flat or ground.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Its a nice place to take a load off, reasonable comfortable seating. Our last time dining there was in October and the menu is still the same. I'm sure you'll hear cat calls of comparing it to Olive Garden, but if you look at the menu and shy away from the obvious kiddie bait (pizza) you'll enjoy it. Its not gourmand friendly... no sliding up to the trough for buckets of free toppings or slop.

We usually get the the tomoato and mozzarella salad with my wife usually ordering the Spaghetti and I the fish or Cannelloni.
I think Olive Garden is better than Tony's!!! Any day and all day! We ate there once and it was not good at all, cold, tasteless food. DH got a steak and did not like it at all. I got a pasta dish that was supposed to be good and it was cold in the center and had no flavor. Service was not good either! Waiter seemed like he did not want to be there the second he came to the table and continued that way the whole meal. So I can't reccomend Tony's at all sorry. :(

sxeensweet

I can only make the assumption that people categorize it by places they frequent. IMHO Olive Garden is a place for soup and salad at best... otherwise its just pasta and meat pounded flat or ground.
Not true! Me and DH dine at fine dining establishments at home and while we travel across the U.S. Not uncommon for us to spend $200 (just the 2 of us) for a superb dining experience! We do not always dine at lower end places like Olive Garden (do still enjoy lower end as well) but we still think Tony's is below Olive Garden! We rather dine at Olive Garden any day over Tony's! That's how bad our experience was and the food had no flavor and came cold to the table! IMHO Any other Italian place on property is 10x better than Tony's! :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think Olive Garden is better than Tony's!!! Any day and all day! We ate there once and it was not good at all, cold, tasteless food. DH got a steak and did not like it at all. I got a pasta dish that was supposed to be good and it was cold in the center and had no flavor. Service was not good either! Waiter seemed like he did not want to be there the second he came to the table and continued that way the whole meal. So I can't reccomend Tony's at all sorry. :(
But did you go there only once? Every restaurant (well, except V&As) has an off day with food and/or service. We believe it is a step above Olive Garden, but Tutto Italia and Il Mulino are 2 better choices for italian on property.

sxeensweet

But did you go there only once? Every restaurant (well, except V&As) has an off day with food and/or service. We believe it is a step above Olive Garden, but Tutto Italia and Il Mulino are 2 better choices for italian on property.
Very true and usually do give more than one chance but They seem to have off days often! Lol Weknow other family and friends that have gone seperately on several different occasions and felt the same more than once. Also many on here have had similiar experiences as well. Not wasting a dining reservation when we have too many other favorites on property to dine at. They are not known to be consistent and rather stick with ones that are consistent with food and service for us. We may dine again there in the future but for now that is my opinion. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The force is strong with you! I need to
Go when you do and maybe your luck with them we give us luck while dining again there. :)
I don't know how, but all of the problems that people say they have here with rooms, MBs, FP+, restaurants, we simply don't seem to have. I believe that people have these issues, but we do not. We have never had a dirty room. Our MBs work. We love FP+, and have had no issues with it. Our lone restaurant that we didn't like was Tangierine Cafe. Didn't care for the food. I don't think it was a problem with the restaurant. We just didn't care for it. Oh, and we've been 16 times in the last 6 years. We'll go again at least twice more this year as well.

CaptainAmerica

I don't know how, but all of the problems that people say they have here with rooms, MBs, FP+, restaurants, we simply don't seem to have. I believe that people have these issues, but we do not. We have never had a dirty room. Our MBs work. We love FP+, and have had no issues with it. Our lone restaurant that we didn't like was Tangierine Cafe. Didn't care for the food. I don't think it was a problem with the restaurant. We just didn't care for it. Oh, and we've been 16 times in the last 6 years. We'll go again at least twice more this year as well.
You're obviously a low-level TDO cubicle warrior sent here to troll us by Bob Iger himself. Oh and you're high on pixie dust, too.

Regarding Tony's, I'd say not to bother because there are better dining options available at the Magic Kingdom, but there really aren't. TS there is pretty pitiful with the exception of BOG which you can't get into.

sxeensweet

Then the force is definately strong with you!! Haha We don't have issues often but have experienced some with our rooms, dining etc. I think only once had one of our Magic bands did not work and have not had any fast pass issues etc. So for the most part we do well but do have snags on occasion. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Then the force is definately strong with you!! Haha We don't have issues often but have experienced some with our rooms, dining etc. I think only once had one of our Magic bands did not work and have not had any fast pass issues etc. So for the most part we do well but do have snags on occasion. :)
Alright, I'll admit that we had one snag with a MB. My wifes wouldn't open the door, so it took 2 minutes with the front desk to fix it while we were on the way to the monorail. Ruined our vacation. /s

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You're obviously a low-level TDO cubicle warrior sent here to troll us by Bob Iger himself. Oh and you're high on pixie dust, too.

Regarding Tony's, I'd say not to bother because there are better dining options available at the Magic Kingdom, but there really aren't. TS there is pretty pitiful with the exception of BOG which you can't get into.
:D

We loved the Plaza the last time we were there for lunch. We also love breakfast at Crystal Palace. We've gotten into BOG every trip, and also love it as well. Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner is a good choice. I admit, we liked it better when it had characters.

sxeensweet

Alright, I'll admit that we had one snag with a MB. My wifes wouldn't open the door, so it took 2 minutes with the front desk to fix it while we were on the way to the monorail. Ruined our vacation. /s
Haha!! yeah that's all ours was too and was fixed right away. I know you were being sarcastic of course but We have not had a vacation ruined but sure had some annoyances before!! Their is so many serious people saying the trip was horrible or ruined and not being sarcastic at all. Lol. I am just grateful to visit as some will never be able to in their lifetime so we are blessed. I may mention my not so great experiences but I have 10x more positive things to say. All these folks that do nothing but complain on these boards should just be thankful they get to experience the magic! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom