Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover closing for short refurbishment in December

lnsemsf

Original Poster
These dates come direct from Disney and are subject to change. This is one of many newly published refurbishments and I want to get the information out there for all planning their trips.

The Peoplemover will be closed December 7-10th, reopening on Dec 11th, 2015.

DHoy

Likely it's not a refurb but they want to use the track for Christmas Day parade filming of the hub.

Also I know that if the ride stop spiel goes off during any takes, they usually do a reshoot because of the audio.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Likely it's not a refurb but they want to use the track for Christmas Day parade filming of the hub.
That seems a bit strange to me. Aren't there metal bars along the track and the Tomorrowland sign in the FOV of the hub from the track?

DHoy

That seems a bit strange to me. Aren't there metal bars along the track and the Tomorrowland sign in the FOV of the hub from the track?

Yes the track is double barred. But the growing number of track stoppages it may be better to have no activity to prevent the ride stop spiel during filming. And thus prevent a growing number of retakes.

Again secondly the track area maybe wanted for filming and tripods.

@theNmaster2000

MissM

The majority of down times on the TtA are guest caused ... If those ppl got in and out of a car like a normal person the station would not have to stop
Um...that doesn't make sense. o_O The UP ramp was not moving. In fact, it was covered in a lovely layer of leaves and dirt and it looked like it hadn't moved in awhile. The UP ramp would not be impacted by people exiting the attraction. And in fact, the DOWN ramp worked just fine. (Where people DO exit.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom