Tomorrowland in "Meet the Robinsons"!!!

headmouse2000

Original Poster
The trailer for "Meet The Robinsons" was just released. The reason I bring this up is because Tomorrowland is the background in one of the scenes. i have a pic but i dont know how and if i should post it. you can see for yourself at Quicktime.com

CThaddeus

And the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song playing during that scene (I got to see it as a work-in-progress preview). It's a great film, one of their funniest in years. I can't wait to see it again fully rendered.

I wouldn't expect to see "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in the final finished version of the film. It might, but music generally contained in trailers and early previews, especially on trailers, are just borrowed from other places. The music on the trailer is actually from "Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow". I've seen other trailers that include msuic from "Last of the Mohicans", "Glory" and "Dragon Heart". Music is generally the last thing included when they are finishing the film and putting it together....it's thought up early and then used last in the editing process. Who knows tho', Disney is always willing to put things about it itself into any of its pictures.....

dxwwf3

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow isn't in the trailer (as far as I can tell), it is supposed to be featured in the film.

BTW, that Sky Captain score is one fantastic movie score (for a fantastic film).

CThaddeus

I can't see that they would want to lose the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" gag. It got one of the hugest laughs of the movie (no doubt the visuals helped). Besides, think of how much cheaper it is to get the rights to one of their own songs than it would be to buy the rights to something else. I know I would be extremely disappointed if this joke was cut.

TP2000

peter11435 said:
However being an animated film the Tomorrowland (Todayland in the context of the film) seen in the movie could be any one of them.

Space Mountain looks rather generic, it could be any of them except for Paris.

But the Rocket Jets are.... Disneyland's Rocket Jets. The movie trailer uses the structure and vehicles that the Disneyland Rocket Jets had from 1967 until their demise in 1997. The Orlando and Tokyo Rocket Jets (Star Jets in WDW) have the wider 70's space shuttle type vehicles with the wings. Hong Kong Disneyland has flying saucers instead of rockets.

The Rocket Jets in that movie trailer are a copy of the Disneyland version of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom