Tomorrowland... 5th Gate

figmntal95

Original Poster
Well... this may recieve mixed results, but I actually think it's a great idea.

Tomorrowland 5th Gate

Overall plan: GET RID OF TOMORROWLAND AS WE KNOW IT, then build Fire/ Bald Mountain in it’s place. Actually, since this is my idea, use my idea for Kingdom Hearts, which is basically the same thing. Heck, we could do both. Or maybe a Villains Land.

New rides are built, as well as the addition of other extinct attractions from other parks…..

But of course, they won’t be EXACTLY the same. Captain EO may be…. Recasted. Mission To Mars/ Flight to the moon will be made… not dated. Flying Saucers technology will be…. Enhanced. I think you catch my drift.
The main areas of the park, Progressland, The Future That Never Was, and Space Port will be connected by Skyway and peoplemover. The peoplemover also goes to the Alien CC.
Also, you’ll notice the lack of Pixar. I only have a WALL E ride, and Buzz Lightyear… but the mini-land is based more off the T.V. show instead of the movie.

Lands: Alien Convention Center, Space Port, Star Ranger Command Center, Robotics Rotunda, Progressland, The World Of Tron, and The Future that Never Was

Alien Convention Center
Stitch’s Great Escape
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Nostromo (Takes up half the land)
Invasion!
People Mover Port
Plectu's Intergalactic Revue
Captain EO
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Interplanetary Trading Co.

Space Port
Space Mountain
Mission to Mars
Flight to the Moon
Astro Orbitor/ Astro Jets/ Rocket Jets (Whatever sounds most interesting.)
People Mover Port
Skyway to Progressland/ Future that Never was
WALL E Adventure
Flying Saucers
Redd Rocket's
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies
Star Traders
Merchant of Venus
The Lunching Pad

Star Ranger Command Center (Mini-Land)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Star Ranger Training Center
Star Ranger Weapons Demonstration
Pizza Planet
Star Ranger Warehouse

Progressland
Carousel of Progress/ America Sings
Horizons
World Of Motion
Adventure Thru Inner Space
Autopia
Muppet Labs Demonstration
Muppet Mobile Labs
People Mover Port
Skyway to Space Port/ Future that never was
House of the future
Tomorrowland Terrace
Progresstore

The Future That Never Was
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
The Mysteries of The Nautilus
From The Earth To The Moon
Le Visionarium (Timekeeper)
Around The World In 80 Days
People Mover Port
Skyway to Progressland/ Space Port
Cafe' Hyperion
Journey to the Center of The Earth
The Mysterious Store

The World of Tron (Mini-Land)
Lightcycles
Tron Demonstration
Solar Sailer
Tron Arcade/Store

Entertainment:
Muppet Lab's Firewokinator 3000
Celebrate the Future Parade

Meet and Greet Characters:
Alien Convention Center: Skippy, Stitch, Pleakly, maybe Captain EO and other characters.
Space Port: WALL E, EVE, C-3PO, R2D2, Chewbacca, other Star Wars characters, Space-themed fab five
Star Ranger Command Center: Buzz, Green Men, other Star Rangers, Zurg
Progressland: The Timekeeper, 9-Eye, Sam the Eagle, Push
The World of Tron: Tron, Flynn, Sark

As for the Laugh Floor…. Move it to Fantasyland (Pooh’s Playful Spot) or Pixar Place

Should I incorporate Rocket Rods into this?

Also, do you think I should add in the monorail?

As of now… the park symbol is Space Mountain. But that can be changed.

comics101

So it's kind of like Epcot meets Tomorrowland? I like it.

Just a suggestion, you could also add a Mysterious Island kind of land, dedicated to the works of Jules Verne.

Also, isn't the House of the Future and Horizons sort of the same thing?

figmntal95

Original Poster
So it's kind of like Epcot meets Tomorrowland? I like it.

Just a suggestion, you could also add a Mysterious Island kind of land, dedicated to the works of Jules Verne.

Also, isn't the House of the Future and Horizons sort of the same thing?

Yeah, In a way.

So, sorta like Discoveryland in DLP?

Sort of, but it's a Tomorrowland classic, so I incorporated it into the park.

romanarms

it is not a weird idea at all, infact walt planned each of the four first lands of disneyland to be entire theme parks (meaning: Frontier park, adventure park, fantasy park, tommorow park).

figmntal95

Original Poster
So, I edited in The Future that Never Was, based pretty much only on Jules Verne. Also, I need some more ideas for restaurants and shops, if you have any.

figmntal95

Original Poster
I'm going to start posting ride descriptions for some of the rides I thought of.

Nostromo- Alien Convention Center

You enter the huge spaceship Nostromo, and discover that you have been chosen to help patrol the ship along with Ellen Ripley and the other characters in the movie Alien. Then, alarms go off telling you that there is an alien lose is the ship. It's basically an extended version of the Alien scene from the Great Movie Ride, but using the same technology of Dinosaur. You have several encounters with the alien, where it pops out at you and destroys things, as well as take the others members of the crew down. The ending consists of Ripley hitting a self destruct button, as well as a final encounter with the alien. You narrowly escape the Nostromo as it explodes. Special effects like smoke and strobe lights will be used. Several AAs of the characters as well as the alien will be created.

comics101

I'm going to start posting ride descriptions for some of the rides I thought of.

Nostromo- Alien Convention Center

You enter the huge spaceship Nostromo, and discover that you have been chosen to help patrol the ship along with Ellen Ripley and the other characters in the movie Alien. Then, alarms go off telling you that there is an alien lose is the ship. It's basically an extended version of the Alien scene from the Great Movie Ride, but using the same technology of Dinosaur. You have several encounters with the alien, where it pops out at you and destroys things, as well as take the others members of the crew down. The ending consists of Ripley hitting a self destruct button, as well as a final encounter with the alien. You narrowly escape the Nostromo as it explodes. Special effects like smoke and strobe lights will be used. Several AAs of the characters as well as the alien will be created.

My cousin came up with an attraction similar to this not too long ago. He absolutly LOVES the Alien franchise. I can see this as a ride. I think something that could be really cool is if all of a sudden your vehicle stops, the lights go out, and you use some effects from Alien Encounter. The maybe the Alien could pop out at you or somthing. Great Job!!!

As for the "Future That Never Was", check out this post I did on the AK Expansion thread...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3408135&postcount=5

I suppose I didn't get into specifics, but what I think would be awesome is if there was lava flowing from the volcano onto or into the restraunt of glass. I don't know, I've never really gone very far with this concept. Maybe you can improve it!

figmntal95

Original Poster
My cousin came up with an attraction similar to this not too long ago. He absolutly LOVES the Alien franchise. I can see this as a ride. I think something that could be really cool is if all of a sudden your vehicle stops, the lights go out, and you use some effects from Alien Encounter. The maybe the Alien could pop out at you or somthing. Great Job!!!

As for the "Future That Never Was", check out this post I did on the AK Expansion thread...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3408135&postcount=5

I suppose I didn't get into specifics, but what I think would be awesome is if there was lava flowing from the volcano onto or into the restraunt of glass. I don't know, I've never really gone very far with this concept. Maybe you can improve it!

Well, all I have now as far a restaurants is Cafe' Hyperion, but if you have any ideas for a glass restaurant, I would love to hear it.

Disneyson 1

WOW. I never thought that so much could be done with the future!! But there's just a little issue... what kind of entertainment could go on there? Like, parades and fireworks? You have great ideas so far, let's see if you could think of something!

BTW, this would never happen in real life (destruction of TL), but it'd be perfect if it could happen!

figmntal95

Original Poster
WOW. I never thought that so much could be done with the future!! But there's just a little issue... what kind of entertainment could go on there? Like, parades and fireworks? You have great ideas so far, let's see if you could think of something!

BTW, this would never happen in real life (destruction of TL), but it'd be perfect if it could happen!

How about a Future on Parade thing, with floats based on the lands?

As far as the fireworks... how about a show themed around a futuristic fireworks machine?

figmntal95

Original Poster
Hmm.. I'll think I'll do the fireworks machine show.

The storyline will basically be that Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (and his assistant, Beaker) at Muppet Labs have whipped up this new contraption that is to make the most spectacular fireworks display ever. Unfortunately, the machine is disfunctional, and self- destructs itself (and Beaker.) But when it exploded, it started a fireworks show on it's own. The end will basically be Honeydew saying. "Well... there you have it! The BEST fireworks show ever!"

I'm also gonna add the Muppet Mobile Lab to Progressland... and maybe a Muppet Labs interactive show. I need to incorporate one of those into the park. I might also add in Stitch Live later.... because that's just what everyone wants.

comics101

Hmm.. I'll think I'll do the fireworks machine show.

The storyline will basically be that Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (and his assistant, Beaker) at Muppet Labs have whipped up this new contraption that is to make the most spectacular fireworks display ever. Unfortunately, the machine is disfunctional, and self- destructs itself (and Beaker.) But when it exploded, it started a fireworks show on it's own. The end will basically be Honeydew saying. "Well... there you have it! The BEST fireworks show ever!"

I'm also gonna add the Muppet Mobile Lab to Progressland... and maybe a Muppet Labs interactive show. I need to incorporate one of those into the park. I might also add in Stitch Live later.... because that's just what everyone wants.

For the Muppet Labs show, you could have it be like MILF, only instead of using animation, how 'bout animatronics?

comics101

That actually sounds better... I don't know if that technology will work with non-animated characters.

I thought it did. What about Lucky the Dino and the Muppet Mobile Labs? Maybe I'm really confused:hammer:...

Oh well, if the technology doesn't exist yet it will some day, and when it comes around, we'll be ready!

figmntal95

Original Poster
I thought it did. What about Lucky the Dino and the Muppet Mobile Labs? Maybe I'm really confused:hammer:...

Oh well, if the technology doesn't exist yet it will some day, and when it comes around, we'll be ready!

I'm just saying it may be hard to use the technology used in MILF and TTWC to bring such lifelike characters as Bunsen and Beaker to the screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom