1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney

Discussion in 'Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Mouse' started by moconnell57, Apr 10, 2012.

1. moconnell57

moconnell57 Active Member

The Disney Company is producing a movie based on Mary Poppin's author P.L Travers life and the making of Mary Poppins. In the moive the role of PL Travers will be portrayed by Emma Thompson and the role of Walt Disney will be portrayed by Tom Hanks. What does everyone think of this casting?
  2. WDWmazprty

WDWmazprty Well-Known Member

3. Vader2112

Vader2112 Well-Known Member

Interesting choice to play Walt Disney.
  4. steviej

steviej Well-Known Member

I think he'll do good looking like him, but Tom Hanks has a very distinct voice, that is nothing like Walt's, hopefully he's able to get that in gear, cause if he can, i think he'll be an amazing Walt
  5. RonAnnArbor

RonAnnArbor Well-Known Member

Note: in a movie about PL Travers and Mary Poppins the movie, Walt is going to be in about two scenes...I wouldn't worry too much about who is playing him...
  6. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was about Walt trying to get the film rights for Mary Popins I hope I'm not wrong because if so my interest level went down for it
  7. mickeysbrother

mickeysbrother Well-Known Member

Thats actually a perfect casting. I see him doing a great job. Funny as it may sound i myself look like a young version of Walt.
  8. Beholder

Beholder Well-Known Member

Now we just need Tim Allen to portray Roy. Awesome.
  9. twinnstar

twinnstar Active Member

thats perfect. he doesnt sound like him and maybe doesnt even look like him, but his "vibe" is exactly the same - perfect fit!

he has passed, but my grandfather would have been PERFECT. they looked exactly the same. i think thats one of the reasons i love walt :)
  10. ExtinctJenn

ExtinctJenn Well-Known Member

I sat here trying to hear Walt's words through Tom Hanks' mouth and y'know I think it is a good casting. He's a fantastic actor and really puts everything he has into becoming the character he is portraying. I think even vocally they are similar (sure not exact) but it would be a real match if Hanks can pull off the "accent" as well.
  11. Matt7187

Matt7187 Well-Known Member

Tom hanks is my favorite actor and Walt is my idol, so im geeking out right now!!
    Disneykidder and ParentsOf4 like this.
  12. Disneykidder

Disneykidder Well-Known Member

Ditto!!!! Tom could adapt to portray anyone!! He's amazing!!
  13. SirNim

SirNim Well-Known Member

Jon Stewart mentioned T.Hank's mustache during the Night of Too Many Stars and said he *hoped* it was for a role. lol