1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai' started by SweetDuffy101, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

No ride a walk through like paris
    tokyo-disney3.jpg

brb1006 likes this.
  2. SweetDuffy101

SweetDuffy101 Active Member Original Poster

Guys the Alice and Small world plans has. been cancelled. there has been changes in the plans.

3. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

Is this new info circulating, or based on them not including it in their new B&TB mock ups?

Spirit seems to still believe Alice is coming to Tokyo.

Sped2424, phruby and brb1006 like this.
  4. SweetDuffy101

OLC said that the alice area is gone(officially), and the only attraction has been officially announced is BATB area. Fantsyland Theater, the new BIg hero 6 Attraction(right were the new SW is.) Toontown will have new facilities like Meet Minnie Mouse studio and the new Popcorn shop in Toontown. there are still some attractions that hasnt been announced through 2020. source Disney Fan magazine September issue. during the interview of the OLC president.

brb1006 and BrianLo like this.
  5. BrianLo

Well that's depressing. I wonder why the sudden roll back in expenditure. They promised all sorts of spending in their annual reports in the medium term and yet seem to be doing very little of it.

6. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Where did they say it was gone? Spirit seemed to indicate it was headed with the future additions that haven't been announced.

Bacon likes this.
  7. BrianLo

GiveMeTheMusic and brb1006 like this.
  8. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

9. SweetDuffy101

well Their rival theme park USJ is opening new shows attraction each year(Minions,Flying Dinosaur,Mario land etc.)and increasing more attendance, and there are still unannounced attractions until 2023 for TDR. Frozen is till under development,The only thing confirmed attractions are BATB area Baymax attraction,Popcorn Shop,Minnies Studio, Soarin(Name TBD).

10. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

What is the Big Hero 6 attraction?

11. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

Its a spinner similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

brb1006 likes this.
  12. SweetDuffy101

brb1006 likes this.
  13. SweetDuffy101

Plazma Rays Restaurant and IASW overhaul has been announced and will open in 2018!

brb1006 likes this.
  14. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Disney characters are being added to It's a Small World? Well, sigh... another victim. It's not so much that I dislike it, I just think it's unnecessary. The ride is great and has always been great on it's own

Oh but the music is being altered too? Now that's pushing it OLC... nor do I see your motive, considering that you don't really benefit from the IP promotion.

Has construction started on anything major, like Soarin or the Beauty and the Beast ride?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  15. RandySavage

RandySavage Well-Known Member

To 'new' OLC management, kawaii, or cute Disney character infusion, is crack-cocaine, and they are deeply addicted. Look at the Camp Woodchuck that opened just days ago: http://tdrexplorer.com/100-photos-of-the-beautiful-camp-woodchuck/. Like most of their additions of late, it is pretty well done in isolation but detracts, IMO, from the more realistic or historic nature of the surrounding land (in the above example, mid-to-late 19th century West).

Since I'm not a big fan of OLC's toonification, Soarin' (assuming it stays character-free, fingers-crossed) is, for me, the most exciting thing to happen in Tokyo since 2005.

To answer your question, ground is being cleared as we speak for Soarin and in early 2017 the Raceway will close and clearing will commence sometime after for B&B. Hope you have patience, because even when earth starts moving, OLC constructs at a glacial pace (I feel like they are even slower than Orlando).

lazyboy97o and egg like this.
  16. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

I think this might have to do with there nighttime parade "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights" having Disney characters on the Small World floats during the finale.

17. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

Well Cuteness is serious business in Japan unlike the rest of the world.

SweetDuffy101 likes this.
  18. SweetDuffy101

and according to some forums that There is actually a new Small world building being Built right now, and there is a new Facade coming in as well. Small world Building Is half attraction and and half backstage area for parade floats. and now parade storage area has now been moved and had been taken down just a month ago.

brb1006 likes this.
  19. Robbiemoo

Robbiemoo Member

Interesting that the original small world in Tokyo is being refurbished while they build a new ride. I wonder if it will be used to test something new before they move the ride to its new home, or if it's just a quick something new while construction is going on

20. malice

malice Active Member

Interesting rumor...I'll be at the parks next week and will try to do some sleuthing. You can pretty much see any construction outside the berm from the resort monorail.