Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

BrianLo

Not sure if it's been discussed, but this art makes it look like the B&B ride will be a re-dressed Mystic Manor. The massing of the structure and wedge-like showbuilding are very similar. The interior art is also reminiscent of MM's Chinese Salon.
DRE4906891.jpg

It's being designed by the same imagineers and will surely have a lot of similarities, but it's not pulling a Indy/Dinosaur if that's what you mean.

For starters it looks to cycle three vehicles (instead of four), but each vehicle sits potentially 10 instead of 6. It will also use shared show scenes like be our guest above. Three vehicles will cycle in, three out and three will remain so that the 'big scenes' can play out longer. I expect the ballroom scene will also be shared and will be the most active scene.

Total ride time is 8 minutes versus Mystic Manors 5 or so. In no way do I come off feeling like Mystic Manor is too short, so I'm rather pleased that this is really going to be a show stopper.

Mystic Manor has 10 on ride scenes. I expect we'll see 15 (or 13 plus two double-length extended) on this, which should amply tell the story.

BrianLo

hay guys what do you think about this. This is a huge maybe but it looks like Disneyland is about to renew dreamlights again or create a brand new prade.

Have you heard anything more about this? I love that Tokyo does this. There is no reason floats cannot be added and swapped out of the US parks, and yet they just let things slowly decay until it's time for a new parade altogether.

I wish they'd add a float or two to PTN.

RandySavage

It's being designed by the same imagineers and will surely have a lot of similarities, but it's not pulling a Indy/Dinosaur if that's what you mean.

For starters it looks to cycle three vehicles (instead of four), but each vehicle sits potentially 10 instead of 6. It will also use shared show scenes like be our guest above. Three vehicles will cycle in, three out and three will remain so that the 'big scenes' can play out longer. I expect the ballroom scene will also be shared and will be the most active scene.

Total ride time is 8 minutes versus Mystic Manors 5 or so. In no way do I come off feeling like Mystic Manor is too short, so I'm rather pleased that this is really going to be a show stopper.

Mystic Manor has 10 on ride scenes. I expect we'll see 15 (or 13 plus two double-length extended) on this, which should amply tell the story.

I did mean a reskinned clone, so it's good you sound pretty certain it won't be.

It does get me thinking about the perils & pitfalls of a potential book-report ride that "celebrates the music and spirit of the film" - one of Mermaid's issues. Everyone already knows the story/music of B&B ad nauseum. Will it be enough to ride through this familiar turf in three dimensions? The advantage to movie-based rides like Indy, Star Tours and PotC:BftST is that while containing some familiar set pieces from the films, they are their own unique story/locale/adventure outside the movie plots.

BrianLo

I did mean a reskinned clone, so it's good you sound pretty certain it won't be.

It does get me thinking about the perils & pitfalls of a potential book-report ride that "celebrates the music and spirit of the film" - one of Mermaid's issues. Everyone already knows the story/music of B&B ad nauseum. Will it be enough to ride through this familiar turf in three dimensions? The advantage to movie-based rides like Indy, Star Tours and PotC:BftST is that while containing some familiar set pieces from the films, they are their own unique story/locale/adventure outside the movie plots.

While I do generally agree, I think the book report rides have just not been as well executed as their non-book report counterparts. Mermaid suffers by being too short and missing a couple key scenes, plus all its general design issues.

I'll counter with Hunny Hunt for a book report ride done well.

8 minutes should allow them to hit all the story beats and if they execute it like Mystic Manor I think it will work quite well. I hope there will also be a pre-show that could play similarly to the movies prologue.

I also don't have near as much disdain for mermaid as most people though. I generally enjoy it well enough.

brb1006

Have you heard anything more about this? I love that Tokyo does this. There is no reason floats cannot be added and swapped out of the US parks, and yet they just let things slowly decay until it's time for a new parade altogether.

I wish they'd add a float or two to PTN.
I'm going to bet the new floats might arrive sometime in late 2016 or early 2017.

Daveeeeed

TDS is looking at 2021 at the earliest for Arendelle, so DLR should definitely be getting it first.
Shows Disney's bias towards Anaheim. Disneyland Park will now have 7 more etickets than the magic kingdom. Being Submarine voyage, Indy, Matterhorn, Star Tours, The Millennium Falcon ride, Battle ride, and Frozen. Since Disney World has four parks they should be getting double, but it hasn't been that way. Pandora is essentially Carsland, except being 5 years later. Epcot gets a well done for what it's worth Frozen ride that should of been an E (even though it is a solid attraction). Star Wars Land is equal. Toy Story Land receives budget cuts. All the while Epcot is left to die short term at least, and MK receives nothing new worthy of mention since Splash Mountain. And sure many of those 7 etickets that Disneyland has that MK doesn't are elsewhere in WDW, but MK receives more people through the turnstiles, yet they have far less headliners to compensate. MK deserves as much attention as Disneyland park, and WDW as a whole deserves double. On a positive note WDW's new additions will be fantastic, and I think going forward it will be much more even, but the way it has been for WDW in previous years has just been wrong.

BrianLo

This was released with the September issue of Disney Fan Magazine by the looks of it BATB IS huge and the Toontown Gate will be removed.

Interesting...

The really basic "BATB and Theatre Go Here" from the last update were a little inaccurate. There is way more room left in between the theatre and Space Mountain for Small World to extend back into the parking lot.

On the other hand BH6 is more directly in contact with tomorrowland Terrace, I fear the redevelopment of it into that village is now less likely.

B&TB looks fully realized though, the village is far meatier than Florida's. I'm pleased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom