Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

gsrjedi

I wonder how if the construction will affect the parks considerably. I've been trying to go to Tokyo for a couple years now and was going to try for 2016 sometime. Thinking it might be best to push back a year to avoid construction and see new stuff.

ThemeParkTraveller

I wonder how if the construction will affect the parks considerably. I've been trying to go to Tokyo for a couple years now and was going to try for 2016 sometime. Thinking it might be best to push back a year to avoid construction and see new stuff.

It won't affect TDS at all, as the current plot where they plan to build is empty and cut-off from the existing park. At most you will see the rising structure for the mountain. TDL will be affected considerably, and much of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be covered in walls until it's done. I would definitely delay your trip if possible, although you should expect an opening date sometime in 2018 at the earliest. I'm personally waiting until both the TDL and TDS expansions are completed before returning.

Flippin'Flounder

It won't affect TDS at all, as the current plot where they plan to build is empty and cut-off from the existing park. At most you will see the rising structure for the mountain. TDL will be affected considerably, and much of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be covered in walls until it's done. I would definitely delay your trip if possible, although you should expect an opening date sometime in 2018 at the earliest. I'm personally waiting until both the TDL and TDS expansions are completed before returning.
The problem with TDR is, there is always something new. Whenever you go, you will want to wait until something else opens.

mahnamahna101

^ this is very true. There is always something, big or small, but always high quality that is always around the corner.
Well, considering by 2025, there'll very likely be:
Alice E-ticket
Alice maze
new Alice flat
B&TB E-ticket
renovated IASW
Scandinavian port (3-4 attractions)
possible renovation of Tomorrowland
something between Port Discovery and Lost River Delta
Soarin'-esque ride in Mediterranean Harbor
new addition for American Waterfront
upgrades for JttCotE
Mermaid dark ride for Mermaid Lagoon? (something akin in size to classic Fantasyland dark rides)

I'd consider waiting until then regardless :p

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
I know it's a shocker even TDR fans didn't expect this announcement,we were expecting for TDS 15th anniversary celebration. I Guess OLC didn't want to go back to back with HKDL 10th anniversary and Disneyland's Diamond celebration. And this attraction is heavily based on Finding nemo And Finding Dory and OLC said we will see more Tokyo Originals in the upcoming years. maybe there's more in store that they haven't announced like Soarin' in the Mediterranean harbor and more. what will be left in D23 Japan.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
it will be like Star Tours mixed with Storm Rider but in a Big way. but this time you'll be in a pink fish submarine traveling together with nemo and Dori.

ThemeParkTraveller

StormRider was in dire need of replacement. The film looked terrible quality-wise. I think the visuals of the new film will be far superior, although I hope they can integrate the IP into Port Discovery well enough that it fits. They've done a great job with Turtle Talk and Toy Story Mania in American Waterfront, so I have high expectations.

I'm also surprised there is no 15th Anniversary announcement yet. I was hoping to see a new daytime lagoon show. There are rumors that Fantasmic will be leaving in the near future too due to poor reception.

Jose

Well, considering by 2025, there'll very likely be:
Alice E-ticket
Alice maze
new Alice flat
B&TB E-ticket
renovated IASW
Scandinavian port (3-4 attractions)
possible renovation of Tomorrowland
something between Port Discovery and Lost River Delta
Soarin'-esque ride in Mediterranean Harbor
new addition for American Waterfront
upgrades for JttCotE
Mermaid dark ride for Mermaid Lagoon? (something akin in size to classic Fantasyland dark rides)

I'd consider waiting until then regardless :p
I think this is very possible. Obviously, they are not getting our ride.. they're gettin the one that we all once saw in a video..

GiveMeTheMusic

OLC has announced they are going to need more time to study the expansion plans for TDL and TDS. The study was originally supposed to be completed by the end of 2015. No end date has been given. This likely pushes back the start of construction and could mean either a change in the design or cut backs.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20151222_01e.pdf

While I don't know for sure, I wouldn't take it to mean cut backs. WDI has been overloaded with work on SDL, and everything else has taken the back burner. More review time is needed because WDI has to actually finish designing the expansions.

BrianLo

While I don't know for sure, I wouldn't take it to mean cut backs. WDI has been overloaded with work on SDL, and everything else has taken the back burner. More review time is needed because WDI has to actually finish designing the expansions.

I'm disappointed at the sluggish pace, whoever's fault it may be.

I think they were a little over eager revealing concept art.

Sped2424

OLC has announced they are going to need more time to study the expansion plans for TDL and TDS. The study was originally supposed to be completed by the end of 2015. No end date has been given. This likely pushes back the start of construction and could mean either a change in the design or cut backs.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20151222_01e.pdf
Not shocked considering NOTHING of substance of their expansions was shown at D23. I figured this announcement was coming. Perhaps the want for starwars has caused this? As for your last statement Japan doesn't really do cutbacks so I wouldn't say that's the cause here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom