1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai' started by SweetDuffy101, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Disneysea05

Disneysea05 Well-Known Member

I have been to Shanghai, I went the first week of December since I was told that was low season in China. Weekdays were perfect, low to decent sized crowds, weekends were crowded so we left the park and enjoyed our hotel and went to do some sightseeing. Download the app, I check the wait times every now and then out of curiosity and it is not uncommon to find triple digit waits on attractions on the weekends, especially Soaring. I'm returning again next month so I'm curious to see if it's still the same.

Tokyo Disneyland has always been known for crowds, but I have never personally witnessed the overpacked conditions I see on the internet. I've only been to Tokyo Disney Resort a couple more times than you, including Christmas and Halloween seasons and I did not find the crowd levels to be extraordinary with the exception of Saturdays. I've been in early January a couple of times and both parks are practically deserted (although with significantly reduced operating hours).

Hong Kong Disneyland is a very nice park and uncrowded, but small. I've only visited as a side trip after going to Tokyo, I wouldn't make a special trip just for HKDL yet.

brb1006 likes this.
  2. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

Oh interesting, I didn't realize this was seemingly now started with Small World closed with no clear reopening date.

Have you heard if there is any plans to utilize the space? Moving Dumbo? It seems an odd move, other than the fact they clearly needed to rebuild the whole thing from ground up.

3. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any photos?

4. BrianLo

Themeparx.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill Cipher and David2319 like this.
  5. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Thanks a million! That's Soarin' I suppose?

6. BrianLo

Yup! Nothing to show thus far for Small World, but I'm sure it'll start to appear.

David2319 likes this.
  7. SweetDuffy101

SweetDuffy101 Active Member Original Poster

Here are one of the videos that has a almost daily update on youtube and subscribe to this page KK Channel for more Tokyo Disney Construction Updates.

BrianLo and David2319 like this.
  8. malice

malice Active Member

Top pic is the Beauty and the beast area, middle pic is Soarin and the bottom is Nemo

David2319 likes this.
  9. DLR92

DLR92 New Member

Tokyo always excels. But I am very sad there will be no Alice area. :(