Tokyo Disneyland Crowds

yeti

Original Poster
I couldn't find any Tokyo Disneyland crowd patterns on the internet so you guys are my only hope. :)

When in March is Tokyo Disney likely to be most busy?

And if it is busy, how busy does it get (meaning I'm aware of the hordes of crowds this park can get).

And on a side note, to anyone who has been there, how did you deal with eveything being in Japenese?

disney9752

I might not be much help, but I'm guessing crowds can be estimated by the operating hours. If the park closes at 7 it shuoldnt be that busy. If it closes at 10, it should be a lil busier. As far as a language barrier, TDL has guidebooks in english & I have heard & seen most signs are in english. I have also heard most cm's speak english fairly well.

csm

I couldn't find any Tokyo Disneyland crowd patterns on the internet so you guys are my only hope. :)

When in March is Tokyo Disney likely to be most busy?

And if it is busy, how busy does it get (meaning I'm aware of the hordes of crowds this park can get).

And on a side note, to anyone who has been there, how did you deal with eveything being in Japenese?

I went in Mid-March of 2003. It was MISERABLE. The parks and attractions were fantastic, don't get me wrong. The weather was in the 30's for HIGHS and extremely windy all day long. The parks were open from 8am-10 or 11pm. A "very short" wait time would have been considered 45 minutes on my trip. Pooh's Hunny Hunt was consistantly upwards of 3 hours, sometimes more. Splash Mountain, in 30º weather, never dropped below a 2 hour wait. You couldn't even WALK in the pathways at TDL because it was so crowded. TDS wasn't QUITE as bad, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Indy "only" had hour waits most of the time.

The language barrier wasn't the issue you'd expect going into it. The stories on the attractions are either the same that we're used to in the US, or easy enough to understand that you still knew what was happening (with the only exception being the 4D Genie show at TDS. No clue what really went on there, but I was half asleep at the time too haha.) Very few of the cast members spoke English. In fact pretty much none of them beyond front desk at the hotels and guest relations at the parks, from my experience. They are EXTREMELY considerate and helpful though, and they talk with their hands, using gestures that make it very easy to know what they are trying to communicate with you even though you don't speak any Japanese. We had no trouble requesting the front row of a ride, for example, even though neither party could talk to eachother to make or approve the request.

Rey

Yeti, expect TDL to be busy everyday. There is definitely no recession in TDL.* If you know how to use the FastPass system to your advantage, go for it and good luck.

I totally agree on csm on the Japanese people, but also try to speak English slowly to the workers there for help.

*Oriental forecasts its sales and pretax profit will hit a record in the business year ending in March[2009]. The number of visitors to Tokyo Disney Resort also is expected to set a record high of 27.1 million, up 6.6 percent from the previous year.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/business/20090207TDY08308.htm<O:p</O:p

PrinceCharmant

Tokyo DL Crowd Patterns

I'd like to describe crowd patterns of Tokyo DL.

Spring Season(March through June):
    • Crowd Level : Crowd. Especially Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday is heavy crowd:dazzle:
    • Attraction Watiting Time : Popluar Attractions' (such as Big Thunder Mountain[BTM], Splash Mountaion[SPL], Pooh's Honey Hant[POH]) Waiting time is over 1 and half hour. Other attractions' waiting time is 30min. - 60min. on an average.
    • Restaurant : You need to wait in around 30 min. at Table Service Restaurants (such as Queen Of Hearts Baquet Hall). Even if you go to fast service restaurants, you wait in 15min. or more.
    • Weather : Almost Fine. You put on Long T-Shirt or T-Shirt. Some times windy.
    • Other Information : On March through April we have a lot of cherry trees in full bloom. It's realy awesome Basically Disney Themapark does not approve to install the seasonal tree such as cherry tree. But Beautiful Cherry Tree in full bloom makes Imagineer approve:lol:
Summer Season(July through August):
    • Crowd Level : Every day Heavy Crowd. Especially Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday is quite heavy crowd:dazzle::dazzle::dazzle:
    • Attraction Watiting Time : Popluar Attractions' Waiting time is over 2 hours and more. Other attractions' waiting time is 45min. - 90min. on an average.
    • Restaurant : You need to wait in around 60 min. at Table Service Restaurants (such as Queen Of Hearts Baquet Hall). Even if you go to fast service restaurants, you wait in 20min. or more.
    • Weather : Almost fine but Humidity and Hot. You put on T-Shirt or sleevless Shirt.
    • Other Information : A lot of Japanese people go there from all over the country. So park is really crowd and perform restricted admission. You had better to stay at Disney's Hotels(such as Hotel Miracosta, Disney Ambassader Hotel, Tokyo Disneyland Hotel) or Official Hotel (such as Hilton Tokyo Bay, Sheraton Tokyo Bay) because you can purchase Guaranteed Park Admission Ticket.
Fall Season - Halloween Season(September through October):
    • Crowd Level : Every day Crowd. Especially Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday is a little bit heavy crowd:dazzle::dazzle:
    • Attraction Watiting Time : Popluar Attractions' Waiting time is over 1 and half hour and more. Other attractions' waiting time is 45min. - 90min. on an average.
    • Restaurant : You need to wait in around 45 min. at Table Service Restaurants. Even if you go to fast service restaurants, you wait in 20min. or more.
    • Weather : Almost fine. You put on Long T-Shirt or Jacket.
    • Other Information : Tokyo DL decorates all over the thema land with Halloween goods except for Adventure Land & Tomorrow Land. You can see who impersonate Disney Character on last day of October.
Winter Season - X'mas Season(November through beginning of January):
    • Crowd Level : Every day Crowd. Especially Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday is a little bit heavy crowd:dazzle::dazzle:
    • Attraction Watiting Time : Popluar Attractions' Waiting time is over 1 and half hour and more. Other attractions' waiting time is 45min. - 90min. on an average.
    • Restaurant : You need to wait in around 60 min or more. at Table Service Restaurants. Even if you go to fast service restaurants, you wait in 20min. or more.
    • Weather : Almost fine but windy. You put on Winter Coat.
    • Other Information : Tokyo DL decorates all over the thema land with X'mas goods except for Adventure Land & Tomorrow Land. You can see a lot of parades and shows on this season.
Off Season (Middle of January through February):
    • Crowd Level : Every day Not Crowd:)
    • Attraction Watiting Time : Popluar Attractions' Waiting time is over 1 hour or less. Other attractions' waiting time is 15min. - 30min. on an average.
    • Restaurant : You need to wait in around 30 min or less. at Table Service Restaurants. Fast service restaurants, you wait in 10min. or less.
    • Weather : Almost fine but strong windy. You put on Winter Coat or down-jacket.
    • Other Information : It's not crowded on this season. But Park Opening hour is short and some attractions are close for improvement.
This information is based on my experience. I don't guranttee this information will fit your future experience.

I recomend you had better to visit Tokyo DL from Oct. 31th through begining of November. You can feel Holloween Season and X'mas Season. And besides, It is not crowd at term of between end of Holloween Season(Nov. 1st) and X'mas Season. You can see everything in a relaxed way.

I hope you stay a fine day at Tokyo DL.

Philo

Wow, thanks for all that info!

I have no definate plans yet but I hope to make it to Tokyo in the next couple of years - this will help alot with the Disney part of the trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom