Tokyo Disney question

retroeric

Original Poster
Apologies if this the wrong forum, but I will be at Tokyo Disney this summer. A WDW cast member told me the other day that Tokyo Disney actually requires a reservation just to get into the park, because it's so busy. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, tell me how these reservations are made?

Marc Davis Fan

@The Mom or another moderator will move this to the proper forum. Thanks as always, @The Mom et. al.!

But to answer your question, Tokyo Disney does not require a reservation to enter the parks. However, you should use the TDR Navi (not to be confused with Na'vi) site to make sure you visit on a low-crowding day. Arrive before the park opens. And buy your tickets in advance. Also, spend a day at each of the two parks, but DisneySea is the real masterpiece (spend two days there if you can). At DisneySea, ride Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tower of Terror before those lines get long. I had a wonderful time visiting Tokyo Disney, and I hope you will, too!

retroeric

Original Poster
@The Mom or another moderator will move this to the proper forum. Thanks as always, @The Mom et. al.!

But to answer your question, Tokyo Disney does not require a reservation to enter the parks. However, you should use the TDR Navi (not to be confused with Na'vi) site to make sure you visit on a low-crowding day. Arrive before the park opens. And buy your tickets in advance. Also, spend a day at each of the two parks, but DisneySea is the real masterpiece (spend two days there if you can). At DisneySea, ride Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tower of Terror before those lines get long. I had a wonderful time visiting Tokyo Disney, and I hope you will, too!
Thanks for the great response. What would you say are the top "must-see" E-rides at both parks? All I know about is Journey to the Center of the Earth. You mentioned Tower of Terror (I didn't realize it was much different from WDW). Any other can't miss attractions? Thanks!

retroeric

Original Poster
Tokyo DisneySea must-sees:
-Journey to the Center of the Earth
-Tower of Terror (very different from WDW)
-Indiana Jones Adventure (different from DL)
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
-Big Band Beat (show)
-Fortress Explorations (walkthrough with many places to explore)
-Sinbad's Storybook Voyage (I didn't particularly like it, but most people do)
-Eat at Magellan's restaurant
-Have a drink at Teddy Roosevelt's Lounge
-Spend a lot of time exploring each of the lands. They are incredibly grand and detailed, with lots of little areas to explore and take in.

Tokyo Disneyland must-sees:
-Pooh's Hunny Hunt (ride first thing in the morning, because line gets long)
-Monsters Inc
-Their variations of the classics (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean)

Disney Tourist Blog has a good Tokyo Disney guide; definitely look that up.
This is great, thanks. I noted all of these. And I will definitely take a look at that blog.

20,000 Leagues was one of my favorites at WDW. I did know about that one too actually. Looking forward to it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom