To Walt or not to Walt...

Ergens2

Original Poster
We all know how beloved the Disney character family is and how Uncle Walt is always refered to in connection with them. My question is what about having an "Uncle Walt" at the park? I mean to walk around and greet guests, give information and stories about the parks and his dreams and such. I have always wondered if this would work. What do you think?

Shelley :wave:

TheDisneyGirl02

I don' think that idea would fly too well with the guests. I know for one that that would be creepy. I think it's nice for me (at least) to imagine that Walt is all over the parks, and not just at one meet and greet site.

TheDisneyGirl02

Ergens2

Original Poster
You are probably right about the creepy bit. I don't know. It was just one of my wierd thoughts as I sit here and zone out at work. :hammer: I hope you understand. Is it 5:00 yet! :lol:

Shelley :wave:

Wilt Dasney

Ya know, I kind of like the idea. I mean, if Father Christmas can come out and talk at Christmastime, why not Walt? I think that it would be a good idea to limit the interaction and just have him address the crowd for the most part (like FC), but other than that, I can kinda see it...at MK and Epcot, at least.

Ergens2

Original Poster
Yeah, Epcot or MGM. Not Magic Kingdom.. let the characters have the run of that park. I was think more on an adult level. Educational enlightenment.

tigsmom

Wilt Dasney said:
Ya know, I kind of like the idea. I mean, if Father Christmas can come out and talk at Christmastime, why not Walt? I think that it would be a good idea to limit the interaction and just have him address the crowd for the most part (like FC), but other than that, I can kinda see it...at MK and Epcot, at least.

Maybe at the opening of the park everyday? I don't think I'd like a meet & greet or seeing a "Walt" walking around.

imagineer boy

Wilt Dasney said:

yeah, but father christmas isn't dead.

Ergens2

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Maybe at the opening of the park everyday? I don't think I'd like a meet & greet or seeing a "Walt" walking around.

What a neat idea! Kinda like "Welcome to my World"

SirNim

Nah...

There is one "human" walk-around figure that would work and has worked...

DREAMFINDER!

Dreamfinder, yes. Walt, no.

Wilt Dasney

imagineer boy said:
yeah, but father christmas isn't dead.

Well, to be technical, the inspiration of the legend that grew into Father Christmas is long gone, and this vision of what he represented is now left. Would it be creepy to have Alexander the Great, Napoleon, or Moses come out at a historical park? I think some people, while they were real, have attained a kind of immortality in death that makes this kind of thing more palatable. I guess in my mind, Walt is one of those people. If this were to happen, obviously it would be a young, vibrant Walt, not the older, sick version, which would kind of remove some of the ickiness, I think. Elvis impersonators have been around forever, it seems, and Elvis died later than Walt (assuming you believe he's dead). None of them come out fat and slowed by drug use, they represent the youthful, lively Elvis that his fans prefer to remember. I guess my point is I don't think this would bother me, as long as the Walt wasn't walking around, but stayed a bit "removed" from the masses...kinda like Steve.

m star

As far as Walt opening the park, I think that it would be really neat. They could use Walt's real voice from somewhere and get someone who is REALLY good at lip synching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom