Trip Report To Walt Disney World...and beyond! *COMPLETED!*

We’re back from a wonderful 10 days of pure Disney life! What could be better than an anniversary-turned-engagement celebration at the Happiest Place on Earth? There’s so much to be encompassed in this trip report – so let’s get started!

Pre-Trip Report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/2-peas-in-a-disney-pod.884811/

The cast: Me and the fiancé "J". Both 24 years old. Both Disney crazed. This was our 5th trip in a row together!

Travel dates: September 4th - September 13th - All Star Sports.

We woke up at 3:30 AM to get to the airport in time for our 6 AM flight! When going to Disney World, this is not a problem. :) After a safe and uneventful flight with a flight attendant who kept proclaiming he 'loved us' and 'meant it', we arrived at MCO a little before 9. I was so giddy - practiced my powerwalking skills through MCO. It was GO TIME!

IMG_6105.JPG

What's better than being in Disney World? Seeing this sign - then being in Disney World!

IMG_6106.JPG

We arrived at All Star Sports and it finally started hitting me: we were here! The noise and smells (the good kind) from the food court flooded our ears. We were assisted by a very kind CM during check in, and may have been a little too quick at snatching this little beauty from her hands in all my excitement...

IMG_6112.JPG

We weren't surprised to find out that our room wasn't ready yet...it wasn't even 11 AM yet. We were surprised, however, to see that our room would be in Surf's Up (preferred building). Since we only use our resort room for a few hours of sleep, we always go with standard to save a few bucks. But hey, I guess this could classify as a 'room upgrade'. Thanks Disney!

From check in, we headed to the bus stop for Animal Kingdom. I absolutely love getting almost a full day of park fun in on the first day! In little to no time, we were here.

Animal Kingdom 005.JPG

Animal Kingdom 006.JPG
Animal Kingdom 007.JPG

Animal Kingdom 010.JPG

We took our time strolling through the beautiful Oasis. As this was our first time experiencing MyMagic and MagicBands, we tried our best to reserve judgment on the system until we dealt with it firsthand. I must say, it felt nice knowing we had three FPs already reserved and that missing rope drop on the first day wouldn't be so rough.

Animal Kingdom 018.JPG

But we really didn't need to worry. Animal Kingdom was pretty deserted. Expedition Everest advertised a 5 minute wait at 11:30 AM, and the whole process probably took just about that.

Animal Kingdom 022.JPG

*That feeling you get as the car rolls up and you're about to step onto the ride for the first time.*

There are no words to describe how spiraling backwards and upwards on a roller coaster feels. Well maybe 'AWESOME' could, but I feel it doesn't do Everest enough justice.

With the first ride of Disney World Extravaganza 2014 under our belts, our tummies began to rumble. It was time to find some sustenance and do what we do best - EAT! Our dinner reservations later that night was a biggie, so we tried to eat light. And we ended up eating something we could very well eat at home. But we love the cousins of Panda Express, so Yak & Yeti Local Foods it was!

Animal Kingdom 039.JPG

Mmm...Orange Chicken. Sometimes you just need that in your life. Lunch entertainment was provided by a few very brave and bold ducks. :)

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Oh brilliant! We'll definitely check that out, tI keep finding out about lots of little things like this and I want to do them all! Boardwalk seems great for night time entertainment too. I really want to toast marshmallows but I think you can do that in AKL as well..

As for Sports that's where we have the majority of our stay (10nights) so I'm hoping we like it. Considering we'll barely be in the room though I can't see how it would dissappoint and I hear the new food court is nice too. I love the cute little ducks you took pictures of! That's great about the buses too!
Yes they do! We didn't do it but here's a general overview of all the little things you can do at AKL and you'll get a pamphlet-type thing at check-in with more specific times and locations I'm sure.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/recreation/

And that's exactly how we were with Sports. We were out of the room before 8 AM, and back around 11 PM or midnight. Wake up, quick 2 minute walk to the bus, parks all day, come back, shower, sleep, repeat. It was a good price for all of our needs and still had that Disney magic! The food court looks much better than it used to, though we didn't actually eat anything there so I can't speak on the food.

@akayw0718 Haha yes! Document EVERYTHING!

belledream

Original Poster
Wake up J! It's time to go witness one of the most beautiful sunsets we'll ever see. But first, here's the view of Beach Club that I mentioned in the previous post:
241.JPG

I told you it was beautiful!
258.JPG

What is this? A painting? Heaven? Photoshop? Or just a beautiful evening at EPCOT?
270.JPG

This view, coupled with the World Showcase music just looping away - how could I ask for anything else? I had everything I needed right here with me.
275.JPG

We just leaned on a railing and gazed across Showcase Lagoon for some time until all the lights starting popping on around the countries. It was breathtaking. I didn't want it to end!
276.JPG

After some time, we decided that in fact, we wouldn't mind passing up on Illuminations tonight. Instead, we took a nighttime ride on Test Track (one of those rides that's even better at night) then headed to a deserted Future World to play with the lights on the ground.
283.JPG

We decided to go back to All Star Sports to take a little dip in the pool. We hadn't done that all trip! It would feel good on the feet.
286.JPG

As the Fountain of Nations in the morning feels like a celebration of a brand new day, the twinkling lights on the ground are like the perfect ending to a wonderful day.
287.JPG

It was time to say goodbye to EPCOT. We spent three full days here immersing ourselves in food, entertainment, rides, shopping, and relaxation. Seeing 'The Big Ball' illuminated at night as we waved goodbye was tough. I kept glancing back over my shoulder as we walked in the opposite direction toward the bus stops.

But we had a jam packed day at Magic Kingdom tomorrow! Magic Kingdom! Remember that place? We were almost 8 days into our vacation and had only spent one day there so far. It just goes to show that there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow...!

mrdrift

What a wonderful day at Epcot. Then to top it off we get some Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts. Your pictures do them justice, they are so detailed and beautiful. Oh and the food and drinks is really making me hungry and thirsty because they look so delicious. Thanks for sharing with us. Waiting to read more from this trip.

belledream

Original Poster
Today was an All-You-Care-To-Enjoy feast of Magic Kingdom goodness. No ADRs, no park breaks, just some good ol' Magic Kingdom fun!
002.JPG

And what a great start to the day! Taking the time to appreciate MK in all it's fall décor.
003.JPG

We decided not to join the mad rush to walk onto Seven Dwarves this morning. Instead we strolled down Main Street at our leisure, soaking in the music and the smells wafting down from the bakery.
004.JPG

005.JPG

Yes, the crane was up. I tried to crop it out when taking the picture. Not that I don't have upwards of a million pictures of the Cinderella Castle. But you gotta get them in each trip! HELLO BEAUTIFUL!
012.JPG

We decided to go for Peter Pan since we passed on it during our first day. I remember the first time I took J on this ride. He had no idea what to expect - I suppose he thought it was just another kiddie ride. But he was actually blown away by the hanging-flying motion of the carts and how each scene just seemed to shrink before your eyes.
016.JPG
Of course, flying over London is the best scene!
022.JPG

We were so giddy to have such a long and prosperous day ahead of us. We were practically skipping on our way to Tomorrowland! Here we rode our favorite Space Mountain, me screaming at every turn and drop, J going 'ahh AHHH wahh WAHHH'. We also took a spin on Buzz Lightyear. WeAfter a while, I just take control of the stick and spin us round and round.
052.JPG

One of my favorite 'shops' - so cute and ingenious...basically so Disney.
059.JPG

No trip to Tomorrowland is complete without a ride on the Blue Ride for us! It's the perfect speed and has just the right balance of nothingness and intrigue. I love going in and out of all the attractions and passing through Mickey's Star Traders!
061.JPG
I just miss the guy's voice.

belledream

Original Poster
It was time for our Mine Train FP! Brought my camera out for an 'action' shot.
064.JPG

We noticed something like a camera flash while we were on the ride. Then we learned that the ride photo was implemented a few days after we left. I wouldn't really liked to see our picture! We'll get it next time.
085.JPG

We walk all over the place when we're at Magic Kingdom. We plan a lot less walking and backtracking at all the other parks. But I guess there's just so many places to go and it's just easy to get there, so that's what we do.
090.JPG

Stretching or imagination? None of the above? Like many, we really enjoy this ride. There's so much to look at - I notice new things every time.
104.JPG

Told you we just wander. Dumbo was my first favorite ride when I was 5. My parents would take turns waiting in line and I'd switch off riding with each of them. Over and over. The 5 year old in me still loves it. Add in the water effects and the pretty old detail and Disney has just stolen my heart all over again.
120.JPG

As we walked by Mine Train many, many times this trip, I couldn't help but always notice the detail put into the ride. Patches of flowers growing on the grass at the top of the mountain? My eyes feast on little things like this!
121.JPG

Lost in the fact that that this ride isn't the greatest, this castle is absolutely gorgeous. I want to stand on the balcony and sing. And of course, frolick in that grotto.
122.JPG

I remember watching this being built slowly over the past few years. After finally coming to fruition last year, not only does it not disappoint, it never ceases to amaze me.
125.JPG

Shopping to kill a little time before...LUNCH AT BE OUR GUEST!
128.JPG

The most delicious and complete quick-service meal you will ever have. I know I said today was a no ADR day - I guess that wasn't quite true. It was stressful making that lunch reservation thingy, but it would all be worth it very soon.

belledream

Original Poster
So you already know how much I love Beauty and the Beast, Be Our Guest, Tale as Old as Time, etc. I hope it won't get old to you, because I certainly can't contain my excitement every time I walk in here.
033.JPG

Yup, we sat in the ballroom. Told you I'd be back!
131.JPG

I just relapsed into a sort of trance as I just gazed upward at the most beautiful chandeliers in the world. I think J was laughing at me but I can't be sure.
132.JPG

But I was snapped out of my reverie by the arrival of food! We can never decide which soup is better and we flip flop on our opinions every time. So we get both the Potato Leek and French Onion Soups.
137.JPG

138.JPG

I decided...Team French Onion!

J got the usual: Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich (with extra horseradish). I had to snap this picture real quickly as he was attempting to chow down.
142.JPG

I had been waiting for this moment. It has kept me going through the darkest, boringest of times. Hello my beautiful Tuna Niçoise Salad. That seared tuna, that poached egg, that sweet yet savory dressing. Oh lord!!!
143.JPG

We probably ate this meal with indecent enthusiasm. Sorry to anyone who might have witnessed this. I still can't over the fact that this is a quick-service meal. The quality of food and presentation is amazing.

And so is dessert, dessert, dessert! These beat those plastic cake/pudding cup thingies at all other quick service locations! J, with no regard for ever trying anything new whilst at Be Our Guest, got the Master's Cupcake, and I got the Chocolate Cream Puff.
150.JPG

He might be onto something though, because while the cream puff was good, I kind of wished for my good ol' Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake.
145.JPG

We were so full. I think it was the soups. I regret nothing though. This allowed us to spend more time in my happy ballroom place. We just sat there slumped in our stupor, so happy and content.
036.JPG

This is truly a magical place to dine. No Magic Kingdom day will ever be complete without a stop at Be Our Guest. I really mean that. Clearly, this is a sign of true love.

Mom@disney

I just love your enthusiasm over MK! I too appreciate the little details.
Dumbo is one of my favourites as well. I love people watching and enjoying the scenery from way up high. And the colour scheme makes it so pretty to photograph.

belledream

Original Poster
Ok, that does it. I just officially modified my BOG lunch to the Tuna Nicoise Salad!
Yussss! You will not regret it. Save the sandwiches for another lunch. It's SOOO TASTY. :)

I just love your enthusiasm over MK! I too appreciate the little details.
Dumbo is one of my favourites as well. I love people watching and enjoying the scenery from way up high. And the colour scheme makes it so pretty to photograph.
Exactly! It's so whimsical...the water effects are great at night too!

belledream

Original Poster
We had a FP to meet Anna & Elsa. This is very unlike us since we hardly ever meet characters unless we're at a character meal or the line is virtually nonexistent. But Princess Fairytale Hall is so pretty and we rarely spent time in there last year (rushed in to meet Rapunzel and out).
165.JPG

Plus, we really did enjoy Frozen and J had a bet to fulfill...
169.JPG

170.JPG

172.JPG

Inside is as regal as I remember it. I particularly love the detail on the ceilings. And the wallpaper. If I weren't so lazy, I'd put up a nice patterned wallpaper in our bedroom.
173.JPG

We met Anna first. She so adorable and bubbly! She told me she loved my crown and I told her my prince had won it for me at the arcade during our first trip together. And then J, having lost a bet (so long ago, I can't even remember what it was) had to take a selfie with a character. So after we got our picture, he brought out his phone and nervously asked Anna to take a selfie with him. She replied. "Oh! Do you mean a snowfie?"
171.JPG

Elsa was her reserved, refined self. We discussed adult-like things such as being trade partners with Arendelle, and then took our picture. She was the best looking Elsa I had seen so far. She mastered that smirk like no one's business.

Outside was gorgeous...and this is one of the coolest trees in WDW.
179.JPG

Maybe we would actually be able to see Festival of Fantasy Parade today?
181.JPG

Wrong! Despite our wishing and hoping, the parade was cancelled again due to threat of rain. How can this be!? We only had one more day at MK! Our last day. Would we be able to catch the parade and then get back to the resort in time for Disney's Magical Express? I was super blown, but I'm so grateful that J knows me inside and out and immediately pulled me out of my disappointment and anxiety.
190.JPG

We decided to catch a show at The Hall of Presidents since we were in the vicinity. Great consolation prize, right? Sigh. In all fairness, this show is actually entertaining to me. I like taking notice of which presidents have a little more movement and action than others.
203.JPG

We emerged to catch some Dream-Along With Mickey. Dreams Come True, right? Then that means I will be able to see Festival of Fantasy soon. :)

mrdrift

Nice day at Magic Kingdom. The pictures turned out really great. BOG is on my bucket list of things to do next trip. What was your favorite item from BOG? Following along.

belledream

Original Poster
Nice day at Magic Kingdom. The pictures turned out really great. BOG is on my bucket list of things to do next trip. What was your favorite item from BOG? Following along.
For lunch, definitely the tuna salad. I've also had the pot roast and it is good but a little fatty and less unique. I don't think I'd get it again.

For dinner, I loved the lamb. I've tried the steak and it's good too, so whatever fits suits your palette more. The shrimp and scallop puff was also good but I'd still pick the lamb for taste and value.

belledream

Original Poster
We made our way back to Tomorrowland where we sat for a Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor show. This is actually pretty fun! I was praying that I wouldn't get picked on. "THAT GUY!"
217.JPG

Stitch's Great Escape is not as good. I can't tell if the chili dog smell makes me hungry, nauseous, or both. I fought the restraints this time and was able to make it stop before it crushed my shoulders. Win!
218.JPG

As we wandered back towards New Fantasyland, we passed by Gaston's Tavern and we toyed around with the possibility of testing out the Pork Shank. (Last year, we just opted for LeFou's Brew). We weren't super hungry yet, but walking in here just got me in the mood!
229.JPG

This is perfection. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
230.JPG

The solution: let's split a Pork Shank and LeFou's Brew. Perfect portion and opportunity to taste test!
I don't think I could eat an entire pork shank by myself anyways, to be honest.
223.JPG

It was very tender, and very salty. I think I liked it better than the Turkey Leg, but I felt like I needed some vegetables or something. LeFou's Brew was better than I remembered it to be. The marshmallow taste was stronger, and more marshmallow = good. The apple-y-ness was helpful in washing down the pork. We sat right by the fire and just felt like manly savages in a old town pub. That's the Disney Effect - it can make you feel like you can be anything you want to be!
234.JPG

We heard noises...we followed our ears...
235.JPG

It was the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party!
240.JPG

While I'm not one to get up and dance in front of everyone, this song just pumps me up and I find I don't really care what people think of me. It's a good thing too, cause I'm not really dancing as much as I'm jumping up like a maniac.
249.JPG

We walked on to the always loveable Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
253.JPG

And the always crazy Big Thunder Mountain.

The day was winding down fast. We had gotten a lot done, but our time at Magic Kingdom always seems to fly by! Guess we're having too much fun. :D

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
I don't think I've ever gotten a picture of Splash Mountain from this angle before. I really like it!
257.JPG

What's a day at Magic Kingdom without a visit to Sleepy Hollow?
258.JPG

We wanted funnel cake with ice cream on top, but it wasn't included as a snack credit. J was talking to the CM and asked if we could just pay the difference (a waste in my opinion) and the CM responded, "How about you just use your snack credit for the funnel cake and I will just....give you the ice cream in a cup?" Wow. Talk about our funnel cake being topped with pixie dust! Thank you to the kind CM for such an act of kindness.
259.JPG

Can life get any better? This was our view as we shared our funnel cake,
261.JPG

We decided to take a ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad, just because.
263.JPG

All aboard!
266.JPG

We saw the Grand Floridian in the distance, passed over the queue for Splash Mountain, and chugged along right next to Big Thunder Mountain.
268.JPG

We got off at Storybook Circus. I really appreciated how Disney designs each train station to fit in perfectly with the theme of the land. We walked on our favorite path to Tomorrowland alongside the train. At this point in the day, we've ridden everything we've wanted to, and it's just the perfect time to stop and smell the roses and enjoy our time together in the World.
275.JPG

I know you hear the sounds of the cars rumbling when you see this.:)
292.JPG

We went on TTA again, because it's the best. And it's even better at night. A promising sunset was emerging. I literally started spazzing to J that we need to get off and the ride and go witness this.
294.JPG

Wait for me!!! I'm coming!

belledream

Original Poster
Sometimes, the best memories at Disney aren't things like getting to riding new rides or meeting your favorite character.
300.JPG

Sometimes, it's just moments like this.
311.JPG

We were blessed to see such a beautiful sunset yesterday at EPCOT, yet today's had a different kind of beauty.
316.JPG

The sky seemed a lot bigger, and closer. With the lights of Main Street shining against it, it gave off an ethereal glow.
322.JPG

We walked in a sort of trance down Main Street, just staring up at the sky. If my life could be illustrated in one painting, it would be this exact color palette of blue and pink.
329.JPG

Something I noticed during our fall trip last year - all the pumpkins are carved with something matching the themes of the shops. So, so cute.
330.JPG

In such a short time up and down Main Street, the Cinderella Castle transformed.
333.JPG

We decided to take a nighttime stroll through the lands, starting with Adventureland.
335.JPG

A nighttime ride on Big Thunder, of course.
338.JPG

Annnd as we headed into Fantasyland, we decided we wanted to ride the carousel. Because we are kids, too!

belledream

Original Poster
J picked the manliest horse he could find. He said it was Maximus. The Carousel was so whimsical, especially at night. We continue to discover new traditions...it makes me smile.
344.JPG

345.JPG
Night had truly fallen, which means that the Cinderella Castle's reflection in the water is absolutely breathtaking.
10678686_2322455180577_3296147719543405774_n.jpg

We didn't get the best viewing of the Main Street Electrical Parade, but in fact, we stayed for maybe half of the parade before we decided we had another goal tonight.
10259742_2322455420583_1306434903101465547_n.jpg

We wanted to watch Wishes from a different vantage point. We always stood in front of the castle. Let's try New Fantasyland!

Wait. But the line for Mine Train is 20 minutes right now? LET'S GO!!! We were pushing it if we wanted to catch Wishes, but we'd deal with that later.

It turned out better than I could ever have ever dreamed of. Right as we got into our cart, we heard a large BOOM. The next thing we knew, we were outside and fireworks were going off! Right in front of our faces, all around us, I was so disoriented because I couldn't see much at night, but fireworks would just explode to my right, to my left, all while I was zig-zagging and dropping on Mine Train.

I couldn't have ever imagined we'd get to experience this. How do you time something like that? The fact that I didn't even consider this a possibility made it that much more surprising and enjoyable.
1503943_2322455580587_3013070831238366358_n.jpg

Of course, Wishes was still in progress as we got off the ride. We ran through the exit queue and toward the New Fantasyland arches.
10520771_2322455700590_1983370411799306111_n.jpg

We stood there in awe with our jaws dropped as fireworks shot up from both our left and right sides at the grand finale.
1463926_2322456140601_2470911256922348353_n.jpg

As the sky lit up around us, I sang along and shed a tear. Our last night in Magic Kingdom, and it couldn't have been more beautiful.

jesemeca

While I will always prefer watching Wishes from in front the Castle, there is something magical about being surrounded by fireworks. The night Snow White's Scary Adventure closed, I stood in the middle of Fantasyland and cried as I felt like a little girl being showered by pixie dust. It was an awesome addition to the night, the night that only got better from that point on.

belledream

Original Poster
While I will always prefer watching Wishes from in front the Castle, there is something magical about being surrounded by fireworks. The night Snow White's Scary Adventure closed, I stood in the middle of Fantasyland and cried as I felt like a little girl being showered by pixie dust. It was an awesome addition to the night, the night that only got better from that point on.
I agree! The castle is the perfect backdrop to fireworks so I would feel a little empty inside if we stopped watching Wishes from there. Once in a while though, a surprise like that is well worth the "sacrifice". ;)

LisaBelle

Just discovered your TR and I am loving it! So much to comment on, here goes:
Cronut! OMG! One of the best things I have ever tested
Love Sunshine Seasons. Tried the strawberry shortcake for the first time during our trip in July! Love at first bite, mmmmm! Made several trips there!
Frozen fireworks=LOVE. Second only to Wishes in my opinion. Snow in Florida, how cool was that?! We were there in July so it was extra impressive!
Wandering Oakens was awesome. We had long checkout lines when we were there & the cashiers waved signs and said, "Woo hoo!" when they were available for you to checkout! Like you, I love those Disney details!
BOG!!!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite and I finally got to go to BOG in July . We couldn't get an ADR or a FastPass so we took our chances and waited in the standby line. Absolutely loved every detail! Would go there over & over! I had the Master's cupcake. Soooo delicious! Definitely want to go back for dinner to meet the Beast and try the Grey Stuff.
Love that you bought Lumiere!
Your Beach Club & Yacht Club photos make me want to stay there.
Your sunset photos were stunning.
Love that you rode 7 DMT during Wishes. Very cool! We rode BTMR during Wishes once and it was awesome. It would be even better with 7 DMT being right in the middle of the action.
Looking forward to the rest. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

belledream

Original Poster
Just discovered your TR and I am loving it! So much to comment on, here goes:
Cronut! OMG! One of the best things I have ever tested
Love Sunshine Seasons. Tried the strawberry shortcake for the first time during our trip in July! Love at first bite, mmmmm! Made several trips there!
Frozen fireworks=LOVE. Second only to Wishes in my opinion. Snow in Florida, how cool was that?! We were there in July so it was extra impressive!
Wandering Oakens was awesome. We had long checkout lines when we were there & the cashiers waved signs and said, "Woo hoo!" when they were available for you to checkout! Like you, I love those Disney details!
BOG!!!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite and I finally got to go to BOG in July . We couldn't get an ADR or a FastPass so we took our chances and waited in the standby line. Absolutely loved every detail! Would go there over & over! I had the Master's cupcake. Soooo delicious! Definitely want to go back for dinner to meet the Beast and try the Grey Stuff.
Love that you bought Lumiere!
Your Beach Club & Yacht Club photos make me want to stay there.
Your sunset photos were stunning.
Love that you rode 7 DMT during Wishes. Very cool! We rode BTMR during Wishes once and it was awesome. It would be even better with 7 DMT being right in the middle of the action.
Looking forward to the rest. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
This makes me so happy!!! We sound like the same person! ;) Y&B Club well worth it for family stays, that's for sure. Hope you get a BOG ADR on your next adventure! Thanks so much for reading :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom