To wait or not to wait 2018 vs 2019

DreamalittleDisney

So went on a full family (my parents 50s+, my brother and his gf 20s myself and hubby and our son then 3) to WDW in summer 2016.

Went quite well except it was up to me to plan and herd for 10 days it was easier after day 7 when we decided to go our separate ways

Its my 30th next year so was planning on hubby, son (will be 5.5yo) and I returning to WDW in summer 2017 then wasn't going to plan a return for 5 years after that but now I'm wondering should I hold off another year until 2018.

Will toy story be done by then? I know star wars won't be so would catch that in 2022 ish and little dude should have reached all height restrictions by then anyway.

Kids grow up so fast so conscious we may loose the extra special young magic of we leave until 2018 (although if he's like me we will be safe .. I cry walking down main St )

Any advise would be helpful as need to start saving plan either way!

Thanks fellow planners !

21stamps

My vote is go sooner rather than later! No reason to hold off!!

Edit- Here's why I say this, kids are only little once. They're little for way too short of a time period. Enjoy every moment of that "'magical" age. A 5.5 year old will love Disney regardless if Toy Story or Star Wars Land is open or not (and it still won't be open in 2018). :)

"Time" and "pushing things off" are not our friends when it comes to childhood moments.
We also never know what the future will bring, not to sound ominous, but it's true.
My opinion is never push off something if it is doable now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roakor

If your wanting to see the new Star Wars attractions I'd wait till 2020. Give them time to work out the problems and the crowds to die down a bit. If you don't care about the new star Wars attractions go in 2018. either way i personally would avoid the park in 2019.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

We went to WDW in November 2016 and had plan to go back in 2019. Well, guess what, I just convinced DH to go back this summer (August)! A lot of people around us got sick in the past years, so we decided that life is too short to wait that long to go back... We are planning a shorter trip, with more relaxing time at the resort (at least this is what I told DH to convince him ;)). My son will be 6 this summer, and he still believes in magic the way only kids do, I can't wait to see his face again when he sees Chewbacca and Piglet, still not sure if they are real or not...!!!

Upvote 0

KordovaJD

We're waiting until after Toy Story and Star Wars are finished. We went in May 2015 when my kids were 3 years and 10 months. We returned last week at ages 5 and 2.5. Both kids had a great time. WHereas my wife vowed not to return until the kids were in middle school (she said this in May 2015 too), we can wait 2.5 to 3 years and the kids will still be the right age to enjoy the parks, and will enjoy star wars a little more. They love star wars now because daddy does (I have a star wars pinball machine they love to play), so I think it's worth waiting.

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
We have booked for October 2018 thoights are Pandora will have quietened, Toy Story Land should be open.

Will then give it a few years before coming back to give Star Wars time to open and calm down

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

My advice is go when you can. You can never know what the future will allow. If I hadn't taken that trip with my dad with my then DD2, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. He was diagnosed with cancer 7 months later and passed away 4 weeks after diagnosis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom