To Pop or not to Pop?

Tom 55

I also agree that POP is the best value resort. I have stayed there twice with other stay at POR and POFQ. I also just use the resort as a place to sleep. The only difference I found was that moderate resorts had hot tubs. That was one of the reason I stay at POFQ. Now they have put up locked gates around the pool and hot tub area. The new open times do not match up with my schedule. My plan for Sept 2018 is POP again.

Delgado

Hi all

18 months on from our last trip to WDW, we are in the exciting stages of planning for the next one - tentatively scheduled for 18 months from now (September 2018). We were originally considering Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, but recently we've been finding ourselves drawn towards Pop Century. The reason for this being that we stayed at Caribbean Beach on our last trip - a nice moderate, but it's becoming clear that we don't often end up using many of the resort features, namely the pools, table service restaurants etc. Normally, we use the resorts for sleeping, storing our stuff and getting breakfast (and the occasional pool side adult beverage and/or midnight chicken nuggets!). The fact that Pop Century is (at the time of writing) over £500 cheaper than Coronado Springs for two adults for ten nights is also a factor that drew us closer to Pop Century. We've also considered the All Star resorts (a further saving of ~£150 on Pop Century), but we've stayed at all three of them and personally, I'm trying to stay at a different resort on each visit!

So, I was wondering, based on the vast experience of the other members here on this forum, which would you recommend?
  • Pop Century
  • Coronado Springs/Port Orleans
  • All Star Resorts
  • Something else
Of particular interest would be Disney Transportation frequency/crowd levels, likelihood of large groups of school kids/cheerleading groups/South American parties, noise issues etc.

For reference, our travelling party will consist of myself and my brother, both in our 30s.

Thanks for your help in advance!
If it is just two of you and you get double beds a value resort would be great. They have full size beds which is a drawback when having to share it but you don't have to worry about that. Pop is a great resort, we really like sports also. We haven't stayed at port orleans but Coronado is fantastic. Beautiful property. There is construction but it's really not a big deal. The pool has spectacular theming. The moderates also have a hot tub. I have had noise problems at all the resorts but but it's usually moderates I have the most issue with adults being loud! With that said, if you're not using the resort pool or taking in the views, go with the all star resort. You will probably be happy you saved the money to buy that awesome souvenir.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Well, thanks for all the responses. I've shared them with the rest of my party and it looks like we may end up at Coronado Springs in the end.

Nonetheless, nothing is set in stone yet and even if we don't end up at Pop, I'm sure the responses here will be useful for anyone else in the same situation.

Our final decision will appear in my Trip Report which I'll start soon!

Also, I like how my tablet autocorrected Coronado to Coronary.

bjlc57

what color is your room at 2 am? dark.. they all are dark.. and if you don't use the extra's come back home to Pop.. where they always treat you right.. I have stayed there 3 times.. and will be there about a year from now for the fourth.. save the money and get something you can hold on to.. a tee shirt , a hat.. some thing to show for your money.. and have a better lunch or supper meal.. and still use some for your down payment on your bounce back..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom