To be come an Imagineer

dizpins14

Original Poster
I know this is in the wrong section but how would one become an Imagineer??? I've heard about the junior society of Imagineering but I don't know anything about it. Can anyone give me an info. I'm actually at school right now trying to find out how I can become one and what colleges I need to go to.

disneytati

Hey, I have no idea, but if you find out, please tell me, ok? I am also interested in it. Have you seen my idea for the water coaster in the imegineering section? Take a look! And tell me what you think. Would I be a good imagineer?:cool:

The Mom

Premium Member
If you're interested, try sending DisJosh a PM, or go to the Imagineering forum here...that's where the folks interested in imagineering hang out. Try searching the old threads there.(which doesn't mean you're not welcome here, we just don't have the info you want! ;))

NowInc

Short answer::: Apply ;)

Seriously tho...

First...you need to get your foot in the door..the only ways to do that is to 1.) Know someone in the company or 2.) Intern there.

Now..if you are the BEST at what you do...you should have no problems...however...keep in mind they turn down a LARGE number of applications every week because of lack of experience or because they just dont NEED you.

In case you are wondering....you can do ANYTHING and there is probobly a job for it at WDI..Lawyers..bookkeepers...animators...writers..etc

So I bet you are asking for the easiest way to get into WDI?

Go to school..get a masters..and get a MINOR in something usefull (keep in mind i Majored in Computer Animation and Minored in Post Modern Architecture and I am still on the waiting list)

As much as I enjoy the Society of Jr. Imagineers, I have to regrettibly say that it is in no way affiliated with WDI, and chances are wont make a difference when you apply there (sorry guys...just laying the truth down)..

I wish you luck....

DisJosh

Originally posted by dizpins14
I know this is in the wrong section but how would one become an Imagineer??? I've heard about the junior society of Imagineering but I don't know anything about it. Can anyone give me an info. I'm actually at school right now trying to find out how I can become one and what colleges I need to go to.

Yeah if you want to get in on some SOJI action just let me know. I can get you access to the forum. We are in no way affiliated with WDI though. We are a less than dedicated :D group of thinkers and artists. We share our ideas with one another in hopes to combine them into a virtual theme park. If you want to know anything else about imagineering or career opertunities dont hessitate ti PM me...I've learned everything there is to know through research and plus alot of extra stuff from NowInc. I also asspire to be an imagineer so belive me when I say I've done my research! Shoot me a PM we can talk!

Chad

Yes..yes..yes Pop over to SOJI, we need help, oh and DEDICATED concept Artists..(pokes Disjosh with his SOJI Stick) :lol: :lol:

DisJosh

Originally posted by Chad
Yes..yes..yes Pop over to SOJI, we need help, oh and DEDICATED concept Artists..(pokes Disjosh with his SOJI Stick) :lol: :lol:

Alright alright Chad! Stop poking! You've been doing that for months!!! :D

Hey Chad I'm sorry I've just been VERY busy. Things have slowed down a bit now...oh oops well forgot about mid terms but aftyer those I should have time to to my SOJI thing lol.

NowInc

Originally posted by Goofster
Is it as hard to get an internship there as it is to get a job?

Well, that all depends... (why are all my answers so confusing?)

Basically it goes like this::

FIRST, you need to be at a college that is affiliated with not only DISNEY, but with Disney Imagineering (as far as I know, only y or 8 in the US are affiliates)...

IF you can pass THAT hurdle::

It then all depends on what you do, and how good you are at doing it. Even tho chances are all you are going to be doing is "Go-fer" work, they arent going to even consider you if you arent creative or helpfull JUST IN CASE they need you to do something else.

Dont be fooled tho, Disney has a place for everything...the common misconception is they only use Engineers, artists, and writers. That only makes up a small percentage of their staff, and they are always looking for someone who is good at what THEY do to fill in gaps at WDI.

(Dont ask how I know so much about this...my old age has made me wise)

NowInc

can ya name any of those colleges, O, wise one?

Calarts
Ringling
Ohio State University (I THINK)
Conneticut school of the arts (Again..not positive)
And the school I went to..but I wont say the name because I would like to avoid anyone getting suckered into going to that POS place ;)

DisJosh

Originally posted by NowInc

Calarts
Ringling
Ohio State University (I THINK)
Conneticut school of the arts (Again..not positive)
And the school I went to..but I wont say the name because I would like to avoid anyone getting suckered into going to that POS place ;)

You mean Ai Ft. Lauderdale? :D

NowInc

What about the colleges nearby? UCF, USF?

UCF doesnt have internships with WDI..yet...they will soon tho. They have a strong internship with the animation department...

USF..I dont even think they were considered...University of Miami tried a while ago..and was turned down..so USF most likley didnt have a chance either...

NowInc

Originally posted by DisJosh

You mean Ai Ft. Lauderdale? :D

*sigh*

Yep...I didnt want to mention AIFL because I dont reccomend ANYONE go there.

I am one of the FEW lucky people to get out of there and get a job...and now they are having a major overcrouding problem (you pay 30 bucks a quater for parking..and you arent garunteed a spot)..and they just bought out IFAC (International fine arts college) down in miami.....

NowInc

UCF will be added? About when do you think it'll get on there?

I wish I could say...Its anyones guess. The grand scheme of things basically goes like this::

College gets reputable Art program
College gets Disney Animation Internship
College builds up "confidence" within disney of their studnets
College applies for internship affiliation with WDI
WDI examines college and looks at history with WDA
and THEN...IF WDI likes what they see
WDI accepts

Chad

Oh please oh please, oh PLEASE Let it get accepted!!! I have only a year left! Well, you don't do internships till when? You're a ways into a college right? So I still have time! They need to get off their butts!

Re Imagineer

Hey NowInc, question.......

I just graduated with a Bachelors In Architecture, and minor in Hopsitality Management. I am looking to Masters, what do you recommend for Imagineering. I am thinking computer graphics or graphic arts. Let me know. Thanx.

NowInc

Oh please oh please, oh PLEASE Let it get accepted!!! I have only a year left! Well, you don't do internships till when? You're a ways into a college right? So I still have time! They need to get off their butts!

Correct...Interships are usually only offered to people who are close to graduation...I'll look into UCFs situation some more this weekend (I am friends with some of the teachers in the animation department)..I'll keep you updated...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom