Tips on How To SAVE MONEY!!!!!!!

radiohost

Original Poster
Its been rumored many times before that you will not make money while participating in the Walt Disney World College Program....Well, after participating last year, I can say these rumors are true...

However, this year for me is round two (just interviewed today!!) ....And this year I am DETERMINED to put some money in the Bank...

Last year I bought souvineirs (spelling??), ate fancy meals, drove my mustang to work everyday, ate at the cafeteria everyday, and really pretty much pillaged and plundered my weasly black guts out!! "Jack Sparrow"...

But not this year!!!

What tips can you all give me to actually make money this year???

Radiohost:cool:

k.hunter30

Simple - make a budget. Spend your money "on paper, on purpose" the beginning of every month. If you only have $1000 a month and want to save $200 a month - you know you have $800 to spend. Designate where that $800 goes - how much for food, for entertainment, for souvenirs, for clothing, etc. Keep to your monthly allotment and it will honestly seem like you have more money that you would have guessed.:D

joanna71985

Actually, for both CPs I was able to bring home money (first CP about $1500, and last CP I brought back over $3000). You can get stuff at the parks, and still bring home money. But I would suggest bringing lunch more often, as that would help save money. Don't buy a ton of stuff at the parks. That can help cut back on costs.

radiohost

Original Poster
Actually, for both CPs I was able to bring home money (first CP about $1500, and last CP I brought back over $3000). You can get stuff at the parks, and still bring home money. But I would suggest bringing lunch more often, as that would help save money. Don't buy a ton of stuff at the parks. That can help cut back on costs.

How in the name of Walt Disneys Buttocks did you bring home $3000!!!!

Atta83

I came home with a good sum of money as well... on both programs. I usually brought my lunch to work everyday, only going out once a week to eat a good meal. I only bought souviners that I needed. So I didnt buy a whole lot, maybe a few items here and there and for family. When I had my car i drove it to work, cause we all know those danm buses, but on days i wanted to go play in the parks I took the bus. You just have to know how to budget your money. Im full time and i still save money, yeah i know how do i do it...lol

joanna71985

How in the name of Walt Disneys Buttocks did you bring home $3000!!!!

Well, I didn't have to worry about gas, for one thing (I do wish I had my car though). Another is I brought lunch to work a lot. I did buy some stuff, but not as much as my first CP. And the main thing- EHH is your friend (although I can't use the Portal for my line of work). I picked up a lot of extra hours. I loved doing shows. I can't wait til I finish school so I can go full time.

se8472

Also when I was CP I also walked away with money. Get make out with as much as ashley did but I still did good.

Granted I had my car but never really use it till the end of my CP. Brought my lunch, but I am a cook by nature. Also my work location was no where near the cafe.

Scar Junior

When I did my CP, I spent almost exactly $1000. This was on purpose. I went down with $1000 in my checking account and wanted to have the time of my life - which, obviously happened. I gave away several shifts for when parents/friends/ex-girlfriend visited. I went to the beach a lot, ate at the parks nearly every shift I worked and went out a lot.... perhaps too much :lookaroun

My friends, however, came away with a little. I'm not sure the exact amounts of a lot of them. But 4 of my buddies each had amounts between $400 - $1500 each. My buddy who made $400 didn't work ridiculous hours (life guard) and he and I partied/went out a lot. He also went sky diving which was a few hundred bucks.

So, if you plan to be on a budget, you can be fine. If you plan to have a lot of fun and a lot spend money, then that's possible too.

davidpw97

Its been rumored many times before that you will not make money while participating in the Walt Disney World College Program....Well, after participating last year, I can say these rumors are true...

However, this year for me is round two (just interviewed today!!) ....And this year I am DETERMINED to put some money in the Bank...

Last year I bought souvineirs (spelling??), ate fancy meals, drove my mustang to work everyday, ate at the cafeteria everyday, and really pretty much pillaged and plundered my weasly black guts out!! "Jack Sparrow"...

But not this year!!!

What tips can you all give me to actually make money this year???

Sounds like in order for you to save money you should pretty much do the opposite of everything you did the last time. Less eating out, less shopping for souvenirs, pack a lunch, stuff like that. Other than that I would say, cut out coupons for when you go shopping, and pick up some of those Orlando guide books, that most hotels and convenience stores seem to have racks of, with all the coupons in them for the local attractions and restaurants. It will save you some money for when you do decide to go out to eat or play mini-golf and such. Also, if you happen to have a birthday or other special occasion between now and then, ask for target/walmart gift cards or gift cards from different restaurants, that will help out alot as well. I'm pretty sure I was able to make money back in 2000, but I had alot fewer bills then than I do now. I'm sure if I were a cp now, there's no way i'd make any money.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Earn extra money by whoring yourself out on OBT and selling crack on the side :D

belle15

But, amidst all this saving, you must not forget that you have a sister at home who has always said you were her favorite brother. And just think, she'll be sitting at home, watching Finding Nemo and Beauty and the Beast for the 18563826584th time, just dreaming that one day, she might be able to do the Disney College program. maybe you could buy her something small, just to satisfy her dream for now.

hehe, okay I'm kidding:animwink: but seriously SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

[i am really your sister by the way]

juan

I was there for 3 months and came out about 1000 in the green -- I made trips to Universal, Busch Gardens, Devil Rays games and beach and ate lunch at the cafetieria.
I saved quite a bit by buying cheap food at the grocery store and ate cheap stuff at the parks.
Working overtime is probably the best way to get money -- it adds up really quickly

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you have any say - work an area you know they'll always need you. If you can tolerate an attraction that no one else wants to work at (you probably know which ones they are) you'll be rich because of dropped shifts and extensions and overtime - heck even doubleback.

radiohost

Original Poster
Hey Scar, in case you didnt notice that is my little sister, and that was her very first post on wdwmagic. She surprised me by joining ( didnt tell me)...Shes in high school now, and hopefully one day will get to have the dream of working in the college program like her brother. So how bout you show a little class, and dont refer to first time posters as being "weird"...

Radiohost:mad: :cool:

Magicmyway

I thought what Belle15 was cute! She supports her brother, big deal. It was fun and sweet... besides it's Disney... a family company... at the very least show respect for Walt and his views on family and dont call siblings "weird" ---just a thought. :animwink:

Scar Junior

Hey Scar, in case you didnt notice that is my little sister, and that was her very first post on wdwmagic. She surprised me by joining ( didnt tell me)...Shes in high school now, and hopefully one day will get to have the dream of working in the college program like her brother. So how bout you show a little class, and dont refer to first time posters as being "weird"...

Radiohost:mad: :cool:

lighten up dude, i was kidding. :wave:

disneygirl746kt

But, amidst all this saving, you must not forget that you have a sister at home who has always said you were her favorite brother. And just think, she'll be sitting at home, watching Finding Nemo and Beauty and the Beast for the 18563826584th time, just dreaming that one day, she might be able to do the Disney College program. maybe you could buy her something small, just to satisfy her dream for now.

hehe, okay I'm kidding:animwink: but seriously SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

[i am really your sister by the way]

Hey, it will happen...My brother did the college program and I am doing the Career Start Program (Career Start is for students just out of high school who don't know if they want to go to college just yet. then if you do want to go to college you can jump on the college program)
Us sisters are alike. I did the same thing.:p

WDWFigment

I would make a strict budget, and not just one in your head, but on an excel spreadsheet. That's what I've done when I've held treasurer roles in organizations, filling out amounts budgeted versus amounts spent. If you go over in one area, it has to come from some other area (i.e. work x numbers of overtime to make up for the difference). You can really stay on top of things if you make yourself accountable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom