Tips on bringing DSLR cameras to the Disney Parks

whoiscliffwang

Actually the hood on the 24-70 is HUGE as well. Its definitely not flimsy. I'd easily say its twice the thickness of any regular nikon hood. At least it will provide some protection for the lens against banging on strollers..etc..

ddbowdoin

Actually the hood on the 24-70 is HUGE as well. Its definitely not flimsy. I'd easily say its twice the thickness of any regular nikon hood. At least it will provide some protection for the lens against banging on strollers..etc..

it's what should be expected... 1600 dollar lens. I liked the trinity but sold them off over the last two years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Lately when I'm in the parks, I'm bringing one camera & three lenses in a small bag. I dont want to carry everything and I don't want to be questioned... like the dumbass with a 300/2.8 did on SWW.

The ONLY time I ever brought the 300 2.8 to WDW was right after STS-135 and used it on the safari, worth it but arm was numb at end of day... There IS a reason Wimberly mounts exist for these...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have the 70-300 Vr but thinking of selling it to fund the 70-200 f/2.8 of the trinity trio.

Might want to hold off on that the 70-200 is indeed a fine lens but it's optical formula reduces the 200MM FL to 135 at ranges less than 10' it may not matter to you but there is some black magic in the 70-200. So IF you are using max FL at 10' or less the 70-200 is probably not for you.

whoiscliffwang

Im guessing the focus breathing is pretty heavy on that lens.

Might want to hold off on that the 70-200 is indeed a fine lens but it's optical formula reduces the 200MM FL to 135 at ranges less than 10' it may not matter to you but there is some black magic in the 70-200. So IF you are using max FL at 10' or less the 70-200 is probably not for you.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
skip to about 3:10 for the 70-200

Ok this guy just invented a term for focus shift on a varifocal lens which the 70-200 is a example of. A true ZOOM lens holds its focus through the entire focal range of the lens. A varifocal lens will not hold focus as FL is changed.

Focus 'breathing' properly means - the lens sucks in and expels air and DUST as part of focusing operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom