Tips on best location for shooting Boo to You

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Guys.

Any tips on good locations to shoot Boo To You parade from? I'm guessing light levels are going to be low. Any spots brighter than others?

Thanks

donsullivan

Premium Member
2 locations I know of that have brighter light than others are:

- In front of the arcade in Frontierland. There is a light pole on the building just to the right of the arcade that will be up over your left shoulder and brightens that area up a good bit more than others.
You can see how much light there is from the shadows and guests across the path on this shot from that location:

- On the east side of the hub just to the south of the cross-walk that will be there toward the Tomorrowland bridge. Again, light pole just up behind you. This shot was taken at this location and you can see how much light was hitting the performers as well as guests on the other side of the path:

Don't want to turn this into a photo critique (not what I'm looking for either way) simply sharing examples of shots I've taken from the locations I've suggested to illustrate the conditions I've seen at those locations.

Last edited:

cbettua

- In front of the arcade in Frontierland. There is a light pole on the building just to the right of the arcade that will be up over your left shoulder and brightens that area up a good bit more than others.
You can see how much light there is from the shadows and guests across the path on this shot from that location:

- On the east side of the hub just to the south of the cross-walk that will be there toward the Tomorrowland bridge. Again, light pole just up behind you. This shot was taken at this location and you can see how much light was hitting the performers as well as guests on the other side of the path:

Don't want to turn this into a photo critique (not what I'm looking for either way) simply sharing examples of shots I've taken from the locations I've suggested to illustrate the conditions I've seen at those locations.

Oh, your photos are awesome! ;) Seriously awesome! I love them.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster

Thanks Don. Just what I was looking for. Nice shots as well - I'll be very happy if I can get anything close to that.

PhotoDave219

Hi Guys.

Any tips on good locations to shoot Boo To You parade from? I'm guessing light levels are going to be low. Any spots brighter than others?

Thanks

Any spot where you have a giant well of light shining down. Main Street is always good, second parade and from Town Square is always hun. It comes right at you.

PhotoDave219

I actually dig the bottom photo quite a bit, but hey.... you dont wanna hear about it. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom