Tips for upcomming Dec trip

Darkhaund

Hello guys. First of all, nice to meet you.

This upcoming December, my wife, our 1.6 year old and 2 friends that have never EVER been to WDW and myself are going from Dec 1 to Dec 12. This will be my 9th time overall, my wife´s 4th.

I have been trying to keep up to date with all the changes made. However I would appreciate some feedback in regards to the "little" things that one can miss even throughout the years.

My mayor concern is DHS, that appears to be very limited things to do now with so much closed.
We are NOT planning to go outside the parks, meaning that we will stock to Disney Springs, MK, Epcot, HS and AK. And well 2 days at universal. We are even going to Cirque du solei.

I have everything booked, fastpasses+, dinning etc. However, im curious as to the new shows like jingle jam, the Mickeys Christmas party (which we have already the ticket), and what things I need to keep an eye out for. After this, we will probably not be back for a while, since we are going to attempt to have a second baby.

What do you guys suggest?
Needless to say, to say I am saddened by the departure of the MSEP is a huge understatement
How crwoded will the parks be on that week?
How worth it is the Mickeys very mery xmas party? (i liked the boo to you one)
What extra things can we do?

Keep in mind that we are going with 2 people that have NEVER, EVER been before

Thanks in advance

RMichael21

Hello guys. First of all, nice to meet you.

This upcoming December, my wife, our 1.6 year old and 2 friends that have never EVER been to WDW and myself are going from Dec 1 to Dec 12. This will be my 9th time overall, my wife´s 4th.

I have been trying to keep up to date with all the changes made. However I would appreciate some feedback in regards to the "little" things that one can miss even throughout the years.

My mayor concern is DHS, that appears to be very limited things to do now with so much closed.
We are NOT planning to go outside the parks, meaning that we will stock to Disney Springs, MK, Epcot, HS and AK. And well 2 days at universal. We are even going to Cirque du solei.

I have everything booked, fastpasses+, dinning etc. However, im curious as to the new shows like jingle jam, the Mickeys Christmas party (which we have already the ticket), and what things I need to keep an eye out for. After this, we will probably not be back for a while, since we are going to attempt to have a second baby.

What do you guys suggest?
Needless to say, to say I am saddened by the departure of the MSEP is a huge understatement
How crwoded will the parks be on that week?
How worth it is the Mickeys very mery xmas party? (i liked the boo to you one)
What extra things can we do?

Keep in mind that we are going with 2 people that have NEVER, EVER been before

Thanks in advance
I can't help you with new offerings, because the last time we went in December was in 2009. But, early December is an absolutely fantastic time to go. It's right in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds, so there's kind of a lull if you get what I mean?

Upvote 0

belledream

We enjoyed our day at HS. Yes, when you look at the FP available there seems like nothing to do, but once we got all the rides and shows we wanted to do out of the way, we just enjoyed slowing time down and wandering the streets and shops as well. You could always take a park break and make the quick walk to Boardwalk to enjoy a schange of scenery! Don't count it out anyways. :)

Upvote 0

carriebeth

I would not write off Hollywood. We had a full day plus a half day plus 4 hours one evening and still didn't get to do it all at Hollywood this year. There is a lot to do and we always have a great time at this park. A lot of it is sitting and watching shows but that makes for a nice slower paced day which can be a nice change.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We just returned from our first trip during the Christmas season. We loved MVMCP. It was one of the highlights of our trip. The parade is fantastic! I'm sure 1st timers overall will be enthralled with everything. Have fun!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I would recommend a trip to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house pictures don't do it justice.

And the chocolate carousel at the Beach Club is definitely worth seeing. Crowds should be quite manageable then. The busiest days at the MK are likely to be those when it does not close early for the Party because people like to see the nighttime shows. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom