Tinker Bells lights

Tom

Beta Return
How do they light up tinker bell during wishes. Is there a small spotlight attached to the harnes? Or what

She wears a battery powered light-up suit. She flips a switch when she starts flying, and lights herself up. I don't recall if she's also followed by a spotlight. If so, that would be done by a spot operator on the roof of one of the control/spot towers.

WDW Monorail

She wears a battery powered light-up suit. She flips a switch when she starts flying, and lights herself up. I don't recall if she's also followed by a spotlight. If so, that would be done by a spot operator on the roof of one of the control/spot towers.

Yes, a spotlight on the FL buildings has also been used.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, a spotlight on the FL buildings has also been used.

I don't think there are any spotlight platforms in Fantasyland. They're on the roofs of the two hub gazebos, and there MAY be one on top of a MSUSA building and/or Tomorrowland Terrace, but I think they're just on the gazebos.

@marni1971

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think there are any spotlight platforms in Fantasyland. They're on the roofs of the two hub gazebos, and there MAY be one on top of a MSUSA building and/or Tomorrowland Terrace, but I think they're just on the gazebos.

@marni1971
Spotlights on the gazebos are just for stage shows, not for tink.

Note how she's not illuminated until she's away from the castle. Doing so earlier will spoil the spires forced perspective and you'll see how small it is compared to the figure.

Tom

Beta Return
Spotlights on the gazebos are just for stage shows, not for tink.

Note how she's not illuminated until she's away from the castle. Doing so earlier will spoil the spires forced perspective and you'll see how small it is compared to the figure.

Interesting. So do they spot her? And if so, from where?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Interesting. So do they spot her? And if so, from where?
Is this one of them? (look at the tower). That would be about the right angle to hit her from the back. I'm guessing there's another one on the Tomorrowland side as well?

Cinderella%20Castle%20Top%20View%20(13).jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is this one of them? (look at the tower). That would be about the right angle to hit her from the back. I'm guessing there's another one on the Tomorrowland side as well?
They're the rooftop launchers for Wishes. No one is on that rooftop during a show! The launchers and roof are CCTV monitored.

Edit - that unit under the flag tower on the right is a moving head light for the castle.

Tom

Beta Return

Cinderella%20Castle%20Top%20View%20(13).jpg

No, that's a programmed fixture of some kind, likely for various castle shows.

She would be hit via manual follow spot.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They're the rooftop launchers for Wishes. No one is on that rooftop during a show! The launchers and roof are CCTV monitored.
No, no. Not the things covered with tarps (I know those are the launchers). I meant the spot in the tower off to the right.

Tom

Beta Return
No, no. Not the things covered with tarps (I know those are the launchers). I meant the spot in the tower off to the right.

Right. Yeah, that's definitely a robotic light. Since her speed is variable, they wouldn't be able to use something like that. Gotta go old school.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's there somewhere.... The follow spots are fair beasts several feet long. Not the sort of thing you can move about easily. I don't know the exact position.
I'd imagine it's a parlight or similar with proper weather casing of course.

strong_radiance.jpg

Still, you can place them on a wheeled dolly, so I wasn't sure if they'd wheel it into a storage "closet" or something inside one of the roof facades (where they go above the roofline) and wheel it out for shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom