Trip Report Time for Flowers! Flower & Food (Garden) March 2017

Hello and welcome to my trip report! My hubby (Brad) and I returned a little over a week ago from a quick trip to the World to celebrate Flower and Garden, which we refer to sometimes as Flower and Food. It was my husband's first time at F&G, but I had gone a few times solo and we have done Food and Wine. So he was interested in how this festival would be.

So here's a little quick info:
Who: hubby (Brad) and myself (Amy)
When: March 3-March 6
Resort: All Star Movies (cheapest option, and all we need is a place to sleep)

Some tags to people who have read some of my other reports (I know I will forget someone, but everyone is welcome!): @figmentfan423 @Gabe1 @donaldtoo @betty rose @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @fractal @JenniferS @bee @BuddyThomas @Mr Ferret 88 @MouseDreaming @PUSH @Wrangler-Rick @MOXOMUMD @MinnieM123 @Songbird76 @Cesar R M @prfctlyximprct @93boomer @Courtney6682 @MySmallWorldof4

Okay....Ready now....Here We GO......

So the vacation actually started on March 2, but late. I had parent-teacher conferences that night and our flight was early Friday morning so we decided to stay the night up in Minneapolis so we wouldn't have to get up so early. We only live about an hour- to hour 15 minutes away from the airport but we wanted to be close to the airport for that early flight. So when conferences got done at 8pm my husband was waiting outside the door ready to pick me up.

We spent the night in a Homewood Suites and connected to it was a Chevy's restaurant. All during conferences (which I only met with 8 parents that night in a span of 3 hours and I have 150 students) I was thinking about a margarita at Chevy's. So what did we do once we checked in? That's right headed over to Chevy's, it was a little after 9pm by then so at least we got late night happy hour! We also got their sampler platter which was pretty good.

With my margarita!
IMG_3480.JPG

After margaritas we went back to our room and watched the 10 pm news for a couple minutes and then headed to bed. Our flight was leaving a 6am so we were going to be up early!

Our journey to the airport was pretty uneventful (thank goodness) and security wasn't too bad, about a 15 minute wait. I had bought us mini-muffins from our grocery store at home so we had those and I had a coffee that was finally cool enough to drink once we started boarding!

IMG_3481.JPG

If you have flown Spirit before you'll know that they have their Big Seats Up Front for an extra charge. I think that charge is worth it for extra space, so I booked those seats for us. The flight was good we both slept a little, read magazines, and I listened to Disney podcasts.

Goodbye Minneapolis!
IMG_3482.JPG

Somewhere between Minnesota and Florida

IMG_3483.JPG

Hello Orlando! I was able to spot the Swan & Dolphin and Spaceship Earth this time from the air. I was pretty excited about it but I don't think it really shows up in my pictures.
IMG_3497.JPG

When we landed at MCO I saw a really big Air Force plane and I thought to myself "That's weird and so big. Hey wait I've seen that type of plane before when I saw..." and then I saw it....Air Force One. Our president was also visiting Florida. I'm not going to get political, but I think it is pretty cool seeing Air Force One. The only cooler Presidential experience I had was when I was near the Washington Monument and I was facing the White House and Marine One rose up off the lawn and flew right over my head. I saw AF1 before when we landed in Minneapolis a few years ago and it was exciting then (except for the 2 hour traffic jam we had because President Obama was touring the city) and I was excited this time too but now worried about the traffic. I had a fast pass to get to. Luckily this time we didn't have bad traffic as the president had already left the airport area.

Anyway, we got to our gate and because we were in the front we were off and to Magical Express pretty quick. I was a little nervous about the wait for ME especially after some people's recent experiences (@Tuvalu ) but as we arrived it wasn't bad at all. The total time of check-in, boarding, and leaving was about 10 minutes. Excellent!

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

We have arrived HOME!
IMG_5867.JPG

Walt even welcomed us on the METV!
IMG_5868.JPG

Last edited:

Kiwiduck

After the parade we used a fast pass for Pirates. Then we had a snack, I got a citrus swirl and hubs got a Mickey pretzel. Then we had to make our way out of the park and back to the Movies to meet Magical Express. :cry::(
View attachment 198183

View attachment 198184

View attachment 198185

View attachment 198187

View attachment 198186

Back at the airport. It was a quick trip but we packed in a lot of fun and yet it still was pretty relaxing too.

View attachment 198188

So that's the end of the report folks! I might update with some pictures from our phones this weekend. But thanks for following along! And I can't wait to get my Disney fix again. That will be in 9 days, but it will be at Disneyland. And it will be solo!:inlove:

Would love to hear about your Disneyland trip - are you planning a report?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great report! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures at Disneyland! Enjoy.

Thanks for reading!

Probably?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okay you twisted my arm, I will do one!

You got some excellent photos of the parades. As usual, I love the Dapper Dans pictures--you're the only one who always manages to highlight them in your TRs. :happy:

Thanks! The dapper fans are always a must do for us. I'm looking forward to seeing my west coast dans soon!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great TR
Enjoyed the pics and the notes/viewpoints along the way

Looking forward to your next one
Max

Thanks Max! I hope you enjoy the next report too!

Loved your report as usual. I agree that Soundsational is a great parade. My daughter was not happy that I said we were going to watch that parade but she ended up loving it.

The Soundsational music is just so fun, you can't help but love it!

Another great trip in the books! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing your trip! Your pictures are just great!! Enjoy Disneyland:happy:

Thanks! Disneyland will be spectacular I'm sure! I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing! Loved all the pics. The lion one was so cool!

Thank you. I was so pleased with the lion pictures, it was just so cool to see them together. Sometimes it is just the little things that make my day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great TR! Thanks for sharing! It was fun to see the F&G photos at EPCOT. Not sure if we will ever make it in the springtime so I enjoyed seeing what it all looks like. Have fun at Disneyland! Look forward to reading about your adventures there.

Thanks. Epcot is one of my favorite places but in springtime it is extra special.

PacNWTigger

Don't hate me, but I am not a fan of the Matterhorn macaroon. A bite is enough, even though I do like coconut!
I have to admit they did seem awful sweet to me when we were there the first part of March, and I could only have one at a time instead of scarfing two. They also changed up the recipe for the red beans and rice with andouille at French Market...it wasn't as good as it was last time but still incredibly edible.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom