Tiki Room Refurbishment

reed13j

Original Poster
I just found on Disney's site that the tiki room is closed for refurbishment on the dates of my trip (Sep 28 - Oct 4), but I don't see this news posted on any of the refurb schedules on the fan sites. Is there a better way to see when rides will be closed? The only way I know is to pull up the full list of attractions on Disney's page and put the date in at the top, one day at a time, and scroll down and look under the closed for refurbishment heading.

Cmdr_Crimson

Strange thing is they have been working on the exterior ever since I was there in January...I remember they moved around a little to do a bit more work on the outside but, didn't realize it would need it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just found on Disney's site that the tiki room is closed for refurbishment on the dates of my trip (Sep 28 - Oct 4), but I don't see this news posted on any of the refurb schedules on the fan sites. Is there a better way to see when rides will be closed? The only way I know is to pull up the full list of attractions on Disney's page and put the date in at the top, one day at a time, and scroll down and look under the closed for refurbishment heading.
You can stay up to date on refurbs at http://www.wdwmagic.com/refurbishments.htm

reed13j

Original Poster
thanks all! I usually just go by the refurb list linked above on this site, but the info about Tiki Room wasn't posted until today.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Great. Now I'm "that guy" who wants to run and scream to the hills about why this has to happen during MY trip.
Well @George , you've been saved from at least one day of shaking your head at me when I insist on sitting through the show for the 30th time.
I do apologize though for what is going to happen on the 5th though, as I might spend from rope drop to the time we leave for the airport sitting in the air conditioned loveliness that is the Enchanted Tiki Room.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It needs a refurb. When I was there at the end of July I noticed several of the animatronics not functioning properly and one of the animatronics on the wall was missing an arm.
That is interesting to me. On my trip in Nov '13, I saw it in constant state of refurb. Being my favorite attraction (and my youngest's as well), and spending about 4 days in the MK, I obviously saw the show multiple times. Just like I saw with IASW, each day I visited, it seemed like something was "down". Removed or covered up. One day it was some drum gods, another day it was one of the rain "windows". The subsequent day (wasn't always consecutive), it would be fixed and working fine, and something else would be closed off, which would be fixed by the next time I went, and so on. I was impressed at the time that it seemed that it was constantly being refurbished to correct show issues.
I don't doubt that you've seen it broken, as honestly those continual refurbs were a shock to me, expecting to see it with broken parts that go ignored for a long time (like Splash Mountain tends to have). I was pleasantly surprised that it seemed they were taking show issues seriously now. Maybe that was just the exception, not the rule.

ABQ

That is interesting to me. On my trip in Nov '13, I saw it in constant state of refurb. Being my favorite attraction (and my youngest's as well), and spending about 4 days in the MK, I obviously saw the show multiple times. Just like I saw with IASW, each day I visited, it seemed like something was "down". Removed or covered up. One day it was some drum gods, another day it was one of the rain "windows". The subsequent day (wasn't always consecutive), it would be fixed and working fine, and something else would be closed off, which would be fixed by the next time I went, and so on. I was impressed at the time that it seemed that it was constantly being refurbished to correct show issues.
I don't doubt that you've seen it broken, as honestly those continual refurbs were a shock to me, expecting to see it with broken parts that go ignored for a long time (like Splash Mountain tends to have). I was pleasantly surprised that it seemed they were taking show issues seriously now. Maybe that was just the exception, not the rule.
I was there just a month later than you and saw it about 5 times that visit, my GF and I love the show; anyway, yes, one thing broken one day, fixed the next, but something else broken. To me, though others will disagree and claim everything would be fixed 3rd shift and not allowed to run broken. But that's not entirely true, if something broke during the day and would require 3rd shift to fix, the show would go on for that day, but it would be fixed that night. That appears to be what I experienced in December. However, there was one drumming tiki above a window with its left arm missing the entire visit.

dannyboyindc

We saw it in February, but everything seemed to be working and the show looked great. It's an OLD attraction, with a TON of moving parts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom