Tiki Room Fixeruppers

General Grizz

Original Poster
Here's a way to fix the ruined Tiki Room and return it to its original Walt glory, yet add new features.

1) Bring back the old songs, yet edit them. Shorten the length of several songs (let them be long enough, of course!). Add new jokes to the main theme...as the "so low I can't hear you!" has been passed around so much.

2) Add new animatronics - Jose, Fritz, Pierre, etc. - to add more movements...i.e. Animated Wings.

3) Add a new section with Disney characters coming from the center - Maybe "The Three Caballeros" and Iago and Zazu (from the cieling) - in this new section of "Celeberity Birds"...I don't know...only to add something new

4) Add Uh-Oa in the Hawaian War Chant. A song will be written to go with the chanting of the tikis and plants...

Who knows. I thought keeping more of the original and keeping everything else un-annoying to the original fans would make a perfect Tiki! :)

Passport

Just a couple of months ago I went to the Tiki Room and was really surprised at the change. I thought the new show was horrible. I really do miss the old show and agree with your suggestions. Sometimes newer isn't always better. By the by, are there any Tiki Rooms at any other park?

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yeah, I really hate the new version. Yes, there are a few reminders of the old show in there...but hearing my French Birdies sing the Conga makes me to upset...it's just...ruined. AND it makes FUN OF Walt.

SHAME ON IT!!

Tom Morrow

It doesn't make fun of Walt, it makes fun of the old technology and style of the show. Walt himself wanted change. In fact, he might have even been surprised that the Tiki Room still exists!

I don't think the new version is great, but I enjoy it, and I never did like the old one. I guess if you grew up liking it, then I can see why you would hate the never version, but they had to do something with the old Tiki Room because half the audience would always sneak out in midshow. Sorry grizzly, but it was either change the show or get rid of it completely.

Heres my idea: Keep Iago and Zazu as the new owners, but since Iago has now learned his lesson and realized that the birds put on a good show, they can take out that entire part and run the show more like the old version,: play the famous songs like the Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki room and stuff... but still have Iago and Zazu as the new owners that have most of the say.
Somethign like that.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I realize the need for updating...and thats why I created that fixer-upper idea.

I personally believe that Tiki and CoP, two of the most famous attractions and the ones that even had Walt's name on them, must always be around in their original form. Unfortunately, Tiki has been changed on Mr. Disney's birthday..it'd be nice if they brought the original back for a while...Heh...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom