Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jon81uk

Thats probably why they redid the Flame Tree restaurant?
Flame Tree seating will have a view of the backside of water during the show. It certainly won't be premium seating. But they could offer some form of picnic meal with reserved seating at the lake, similar to World of Colour.

I expect Fantasmic style dining packages with a meal at Tiffin's or Yak & Yeti followed by reserved seating in the arena on the lake. And maybe a Picnic deal where you collect a meal from Flame Tree and then get reserved seating. Then FP+.
If they wanted to have a restaurant with a view of the show it would need to have been built in front of Everest.

rael ramone

Exciting news, but the exposed duct work is disappointing.

Do the other buildings in 'Discovery Island' have exposed duct work? If so, it's probably to keep with the theme of the area (though with more subtle earth tones).

The important thing is to *clean* the ductwork... If it's in guest view, you clean it.

Cesar R M

Flame Tree seating will have a view of the backside of water during the show. It certainly won't be premium seating. But they could offer some form of picnic meal with reserved seating at the lake, similar to World of Colour.

I expect Fantasmic style dining packages with a meal at Tiffin's or Yak & Yeti followed by reserved seating in the arena on the lake. And maybe a Picnic deal where you collect a meal from Flame Tree and then get reserved seating. Then FP+.
If they wanted to have a restaurant with a view of the show it would need to have been built in front of Everest.
I just hope they dont end blocking 90% of the seating area for just the dinner reservations. Fantastmic is beyond ridiculous.

halltd

Do the other buildings in 'Discovery Island' have exposed duct work? If so, it's probably to keep with the theme of the area (though with more subtle earth tones).

The important thing is to *clean* the ductwork... If it's in guest view, you clean it.
The new Starbucks has exposed ductwork:
sildh123456LARGE.jpg

Last edited:

JohnD

Didn't read all 12 pages... but I am sure a ROL Dinner package with reserved seats will be offered for extra $$$. Did anyone see or post a menu yet?
AK is our favorite FULL DAY park now, we often spend 2 days there... we love all the changes coming to AK!

Because of my schedule several weeks ago, I gave it short shrift on my checkout day. Won't do that again.

raymusiccity

Well, Starbucks isn't in Africa. It's on Discovery Island.

We were eating at another location and were reminded that there are no lids on drinks to cut down on litter and to protect the wildlife.

We mentioned it to a CM that we found it odd that if lids aren't allowed, why are all the Starbucks drinks presented with lids ! ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom