Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

French Quarter

Don't forget Tortuga Tavern (on the five days a year it's open). I'd like to think we are (finally) seeing a correction after the wave of homogenization that took place in the '00s with WDW's dining. I welcome the new options that have been popping up around the parks.

It certainly does seem like things are turning around with parks food and variety. I am excited by this too.

alissafalco

French Quarter

With my comment I was more specifically talking about table service restaurants. There is often a pretty big quality difference between the sit down places and the counter service locations (Flame Tree being the exception - the food there is good). If you want an indoor table service meal but are a picky eater, DAK has limited options.

Have you tried Tusker House? The buffet had plenty of blander options alongside the more flavourful ones.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Didn't read all 12 pages... but I am sure a ROL Dinner package with reserved seats will be offered for extra $$$. Did anyone see or post a menu yet?
AK is our favorite FULL DAY park now, we often spend 2 days there... we love all the changes coming to AK!

I thought that was the design intent of the new TS restaurant was as a venue for premium viewing packages for ROL. That was the impression a few insiders gave when it was announced.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Then what is all the work down where the Character landing used to be complete with barges etc?

Between Nemo and Everest on the water is where Rivers of Light will occur. The current Character Landing, home to Baloo and King Louis is across from Flights of Wonder. Tiffans is behind Pizzafari on the opposite side of the Oil Rig of Life.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

I thought that was the design intent of the new TS restaurant was as a venue for premium viewing packages for ROL. That was the impression a few insiders gave when it was announced.

he was clearly exaggerating, was proven wrong mere minutes later.
As there are very little food offerings at AK compared to other parks.
They could certainly offer something similar to Fantasmic dinner package where reserved seating would be part of it.

Cesar R M

Between Nemo and Everest on the water is where Rivers of Light will occur. The current Character Landing, home to Baloo and King Louis is across from Flights of Wonder. Tiffans is behind Pizzafari on the opposite side of the Oil Rig of Life.
to clarify for everyone else.

pizzafari = next to the old bridge to Cap Mickey and Minnie (which is pretty much the first left bridge after you enter Discovery Island).
ROL will be in the area next to Nemo's theatre. (which is the faaaaar right after entering discovery island)

the old map that shows that:

disneysanimalkingdom2008map.jpg

DVC next to PT and E in discovery island = pizzafari, tiffy's will be behind this looking towards Avatar (formerly Camp minnie)

Rivers of Light between Everest (16) and Nemo (19) on the far right of the map.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom