Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The best description of the Pizza served at Pizzafari is a chord of a circle almost but not entirely unlike pizza (with apologies to Douglas Adams) the Calzones were surprisingly good however the pasta is hit or miss, If it's fresh it's great if not well...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Actually, this is Disney. Signature means very, VERY expensive. Probably 2 table service credits. Likely shooting for Brown Derby quality (definite step up from most theme park sit downs, but a step below the best hotel eateries).

I'm getting the feeling that the AK guest has a more adventurous palate then the MK guest...

Yes which is why Tusker House and Sanaa/Jiko are always must visits when at WDW.

doctornick

1- Tusker House
2- Rainforest Cafe
3- Yak & Yeti
4- Harambe Market
5- Flame Tree BBQ
6- Restaurantasourus
7- Pizzafari
8- ?
9- ?
10- ?
11- ?
12- ?
13- ?
14- ?
15- ?
16- ?
17- ?
18- ?
19- ?
20- ?

You could split Yak & Yeti into two entries (since it has kinda separate table service and counter service) and add Creature Comforts (Starbucks) but... yeah, I don't get that complaint. DAK needs a bunch of additional food places with the upcoming additions and expanded hours.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because the mid-90s bright color scheme was dated and garish?

For many parts of africa that kind of paint scheme is actually pretty authentic, Here's an example in Somaliland taken by Kelly Ranck yes Somaililand is a real place it was forced into a union with Somalia
14326484737_285518c0f0_o.jpg

RSoxNo1

You can get pizza and pasta at Pizzafari. There are ribs, chicken, and pork at Flame Tree. Standard park fare of burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and fries are available at Restaurantasaurus. Even Tusker House has mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, etc...

I think DAK does a great job of having "normal" food as well as "themed" food to fit in with the park atmosphere. Don't forget all the food stands with a range from fresh fruits, allergen-free food, and soft-serve ice cream.
You're being very liberal with what you're calling pizza.

DC0703

You can get pizza and pasta at Pizzafari. There are ribs, chicken, and pork at Flame Tree. Standard park fare of burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and fries are available at Restaurantasaurus. Even Tusker House has mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, etc...

I think DAK does a great job of having "normal" food as well as "themed" food to fit in with the park atmosphere. Don't forget all the food stands with a range from fresh fruits, allergen-free food, and soft-serve ice cream.

With my comment I was more specifically talking about table service restaurants. There is often a pretty big quality difference between the sit down places and the counter service locations (Flame Tree being the exception - the food there is good). If you want an indoor table service meal but are a picky eater, DAK has limited options.

GiveMeTheMusic

What should something on Discovery Island look like?

I'm not saying it should look like anything, but that it never looked like that photo. It used to look like a mid-90s vaguely African themed mall. I like the changes that have been made.

Now if they can rip out DinoRama, this park would be in fabulous shape.

French Quarter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom