Ticket prices when buying through DVC

fearieblue88

Original Poster
What kind of savings am I looking at getting when I buy my tickets through DVC. I am buying a resale and it is in the 30day right of refusal and I am just to impatient to wait and is there any discount when buying a dinning plan or is it all regular prices. I know there are discounts but no where says just how much or specifically for what.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
What kind of savings am I looking at getting when I buy my tickets through DVC. I am buying a resale and it is in the 30day right of refusal and I am just to impatient to wait and is there any discount when buying a dinning plan or is it all regular prices. I know there are discounts but no where says just how much or specifically for what.
No discounts on dining plans or regular daily tickets. The only discounts are on annual passes currently.
Also I don't have the link right off hand but there is all the discounts listed on Allears.net and in the DVC member website. :)

Tom

Beta Return
No discounts on dining plans or regular daily tickets. The only discounts are on annual passes currently.
Also I don't have the link right off hand but there is all the discounts listed on Allears.net and in the DVC member website. :)

Yes, exactly this. There are no discounts on food or tickets anymore, once you become a DVC member. You can get a discounted AP for $529, which is a $125 savings. And if you have an AP, you can buy a Tables in Wonderland membership, which gets you a discount on food at most restaurants.

Otherwise, no discounts or specials.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, exactly this. There are no discounts on food or tickets anymore, once you become a DVC member. You can get a discounted AP for $529, which is a $125 savings. And if you have an AP, you can buy a Tables in Wonderland membership, which gets you a discount on food at most restaurants.

Otherwise, no discounts or specials.
Sorry Tom, but mostly true. As a DVC member, you can now purchase the TiW without an AP. They changed that last year I believe.

fearieblue88

Original Poster
Ok that being said I did some more research and towards the end of the year they discount the AP by 300 is that true or was that a one year thing? and is the AP good for one calendar year from purchase date or til December 31st

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
Ok that being said I did some more research and towards the end of the year they discount the AP by 300 is that true or was that a one year thing? and is the AP good for one calendar year from purchase date or til December 31st

I never heard of an AP discount like that, but perhaps it did happen. It's $125 discount on new, $105 discount on renewal.

The timer on an AP starts ticking the moment you first walk through a turnstile with it, and is good for 365 days.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately that was a 1 time deal a few years ago. They haven't offered it since.

They don't offer a discount on DDP anymore. Back in the day DDP had a regular season and a peak season price. If you bought through DVC you always got the regular season price even during peak season. I don't think they have a different price for peak season anymore.

ParentsOf4

Less than a year ago, Disney offered a special "4 park" ticket to DVC members for $199. This ticket provided one day admission to each of WDW's 4 theme parks. (No park hopping.)

It's becoming more common for DVC members to stay on their points but not visit the theme parks. Presumably, this ticket was a way to lure DVC members back into the theme parks.

fearieblue88

Original Poster
Less than a year ago, Disney offered a special "4 park" ticket to DVC members for $199. This ticket provided one day admission to each of WDW's 4 theme parks. (No park hopping.)

It's becoming more common for DVC members to stay on their points but not visit the theme parks. Presumably, this ticket was a way to lure DVC members back into the theme parks.
So was it a 4 pack with 4 day tickets?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So was it a 4 pack with 4 day tickets?
No. It wasn't four 1 day tickets. It was a special ticket that included 1 day admission for each unique park with no park hopping. Forcing people to spend 1 day at each park in order to use the ticket. I could see this becoming more of a general trend since MK gets so crowded.

Nero the dog

It's no surprise that DVC members are spending less time in the parks. Once you have been a few dozen times it becomes less of a priority to rush around and cram everything in on every trip.
Time to relax and take it easy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's no surprise that DVC members are spending less time in the parks. Once you have been a few dozen times it becomes less of a priority to rush around and cram everything in on every trip.
This is how I feel now. There are still things I can't miss, but for everything else, I know I'll be back again so I'm not going to kill myself to do everything. I was never a commando style visitor anyway so a slower pace suits me. We definitely spend more time at the resorts and since I usually stay in villas way more more time in the room.

I think what @ParentsOf4 was getting at is that some DVC owners were using their resorts as a base to visit other Orlando attractions. Offering the 4 park ticket may have been an attempt to bring them back to Disney parks instead.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

This is how I feel now. There are still things I can't miss, but for everything else, I know I'll be back again so I'm not going to kill myself to do everything. I was never a commando style visitor anyway so a slower pace suits me. We definitely spend more time at the resorts and since I usually stay in villas way more more time in the room.

I think what @ParentsOf4 was getting at is that some DVC owners were using their resorts as a base to visit other Orlando attractions. Offering the 4 park ticket may have been an attempt to bring them back to Disney parks instead.

We are like that as well. No commando style for us at all. Since FP+ was initiated, we can be sure of getting our favorites in, even if we don't make it to rope drop. Some mornings, we like to relax on the balcony drinking coffee, some days we have breakfast at Kona Cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe. We also tend to spend a lot more evening time with an adult beverage on our balcony. Nice glass of wine at the end of the day goes down real good! Most days we are lucky if we spend more than 3 hours at a time in the parks, not because the waits are too long, but simply because we are on vacation, and we relax while on vacation. Of course we almost always go to multiple parks in one day as well!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We are like that as well. No commando style for us at all. Since FP+ was initiated, we can be sure of getting our favorites in, even if we don't make it to rope drop. Some mornings, we like to relax on the balcony drinking coffee, some days we have breakfast at Kona Cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe. We also tend to spend a lot more evening time with an adult beverage on our balcony. Nice glass of wine at the end of the day goes down real good! Most days we are lucky if we spend more than 3 hours at a time in the parks, not because the waits are too long, but simply because we are on vacation, and we relax while on vacation. Of course we almost always go to multiple parks in one day as well!
I'm with you on all of this. FP+ actually works really great for us too. I know I could get crucified for saying that on some threads around here. Don't tell anyone;)

kparn

The special last year for the 200.00/4 day tickets began selling in September 2014. They had to be purchased by December 31, 2014 and be used by May 2015. DVC members could buy up to 8. I know...I purchased all 8. It was pretty popular so I will not be surprised if it's brought back this year.

ParentsOf4

Hi, I had heard that DVC members received a 10% discount on food in general, not the DDP. Is that incorrect?
There is no discount on the DDP. The following is copied from the DVC member website:

Epcot

10% Discount
  • Biergarten Restaurant $$$ L, D
  • La Hacienda de San Angel $$ L, D
  • Nine Dragons Restaurant $$ D
  • San Angel Inn Ristorante $$ L, D
  • Teppan Edo $$ L, Blockout dates: New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve
15% Discount
  • Chefs de France $$ L
  • Tutto Italia Ristorante $$ L, D
  • Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria $$ L, D
20% Discount
  • Nine Dragons Restaurant $$ L
  • Restaurant Marrakesh $$ L, D
  • Spice Road Table $$ L, D
  • Tokyo Dining $$ L, Blockout dates: New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve

Animal Kingdom

10% Discount
  • Rainforest Cafe $$ All Meals. Call (407) 938-9100 for reservations.
  • Yak and Yeti Restaurant $$ L, D. Offer not valid at Local Foods Cafe. Call (407) 824-9384 for reservations.

Disney's Hollywood Studios Theme Park

10% Discount
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby $$$ L, D
  • Hollywood & Vine $$$ All Meals

Disney Vacation Club Resorts & More

10% Discount
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - Flavors of Africa $$$ B, D
  • Disney's BoardWalk - Big River Grille & Brewing Works $$ L, D
  • Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN Club $$ L, D
  • Disney's BoardWalk - Flying Fish Cafe $$$ D
  • Disney's BoardWalk - Trattoria al Forno® $$ D
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort - The Wave... of American Flavors $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Trail's End Restaurant $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point $$$ D
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Grand Floridian Cafe $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Citricos $$$ D
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - The Turf Club Bar and Grill $$ D
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe $$ All Meals
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Captain's Grille $$ All Meals

Downtown Disney Area

10% Discount
  • Earl of Sandwich® Restaurant $ Discount on food items
  • Cookes of Dublin $ L, D
  • Fulton's Crab House - Downtown Disney Marketplace $$$ D. For reservations, call (407) 934-2628.
  • Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop $ Discount on any chocolate purchase or $1 off any sundae purchase.
  • Hill Of Beans $ Receive a Free Funnel cake with the purchase of a Funnel Cake Gift Kit. 10% discount on your entire purchase at our Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Boardwalk and EPCOT Funnel Cake Kiosk locations.
  • Crossroads at House of Blues - Downtown Disney West Side $$ L, D
  • Planet Hollywood - Downtown Disney West Side $$ L, D
  • Portobello - Downtown Disney Pleasure Island $$ D For reservations, call (407) 934-8888.
  • Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant - Downtown Disney Pleasure Island $$ L, D and retail store.
  • Rainforest Cafe - Downtown Disney Marketplace $$ L, D entrees. For reservations, call (407) 827-8500.
  • T-REX®, A Prehistoric Family Adventure - Downtown Disney $$ L,D entrees. Call (407) 828-8739 for reservations.
  • Wolfgang Puck® Cafe - Downtown Disney West Side $$ D For reservations, call (407) 938-9653.
20% Discount
  • Haagen-Dazs - Downtown Disney West Side $ 20% discount on food items
  • Crossroads at House of Blues - Downtown Disney West Side $$ Members may take advantage of a 20% discount when purchasing tickets in advance for the famous all-you-can-eat Sunday Gospel Brunch by calling the box office, or buy three brunch tickets and get a fourth one FREE (the lowest priced ticket is free). Other restrictions apply to the brunch discount, which isn't valid with any other offer. For details or reservations, call (407) 934-BLUE (407-934-2583).
  • Paradiso 37 Taste of the Americas $ L, D
  • Bodie's All-American $ All Meals
  • Portobello - Downtown Disney Pleasure Island $$ L For reservations, call (407) 934-8888.
  • Wetzel's® Pretzels - Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side $ discount on food items at all locations.
  • Wolfgang Puck® Cafe - Downtown Disney West Side $$ L For reservations, call (407) 938-9653.

Other Locations

20% Discount
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Members receive a discount at the following restaurants. Discount applies to food only. Dining check must be paid at the restaurant and may not be charged to your room.
  • Cabana Bar and Beach Club $ Open seasonally for lunch, dinner, snacks, and cocktails.
  • The Fountain $ L, D.
  • Garden Grove $$ Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Friday dinner features a themed buffet. Character dining is available nightly during dinner and at breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Fresh Mediterranean Market $$ B, L
  • Kimonos $$ D
  • Picabu $ Open for self-service dining 24 hours a day.
  • Splash and Splash Terrace $ Open seasonally for lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Legend
$ ($14.99 and under), $$ ($15 to $29.99), $$$ ($30 to $59.99), $$$$ (over $60)
B (Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner)

All offers are subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with other discounts. Restaurant offers discounts on the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) on pre-discounted check total. All restaurant discounts are valid for a maximum party of eight, including the Member. Theme Park admission is required, but not included. For reservations call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom