Ticket Price Increase - Feb 2014

MissM

Original Poster
Disney park prices to jump again Sunday
Magic Kingdom tickets now $99
  • By Desiree Stennett, Orlando Sentinel
    February 23, 2014

Starting Sunday, Disney's Magic Kingdom guests will have to fork over a few extra dollars for single-day park admission. The tickets now cost $99 for adults and children 10 years and up.

This $4 price hike keeps Magic Kingdom as the most expensive Disney park. A one-day ticket for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will go from $90 to $94.

"Our pricing reflects the high quality and breadth of experiences we offer and our ongoing commitment to investing in our parks," Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Saturday. "We offer a variety of ticket options that provide a great value, and find that most guests select multi-day tickets that offer additional savings."

This is the second price hike in less than a year. The June price increase marked the first time the prices were different for different Disney parks.

Universal Orlando also raised its prices last summer. A one-day, one-park ticket is $92.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-tickets-price-hike-20140223,0,4181646.story

Ouch. Looks like they did this without warning too.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Actually, I heard from a source that the price increases were partially due to investments they are going to be making to integrate Frozen into the parks. They are really pushing to get this done quickly, as the movie was such an epic success.

I heard that the first step is the work being done on the moat right now. They are draining it to install air chillers and ice, as they are going to turn it into a Frozen meet and greet, just like the frozen sea at the end of the movie.

Everything is awesome!

NEL

Actually, I heard from a source that the price increases were partially due to investments they are going to be making to integrate Frozen into the parks. They are really pushing to get this done quickly, as the movie was such an epic success.

I heard that the first step is the work being done on the moat right now. They are draining it to install air chillers and ice, as they are going to turn it into a Frozen meet and greet, just like the frozen sea at the end of the movie.

Everything is awesome!
I sense a bit of sarcasm.

Nemo14

Quite a few business people will, as well as travelers who made no plans but to come to the Orlando area and wing it or are just curious.
We had friends who visited us down here last week, and the only Disney park they were interested in seeing was Animal Kingdom, so they shelled out $100+ per person for basically a half day of visiting the parks. I suspect that there are many people who do this.

crispy

There are just no words for the arrogance. They have a heckuva lotta nerve raising ticket prices when there are no parades in the parks, while they continue to cut entertainment, and before they have even finished that stupid 7DMTC.

2014 - The Year of a 1000 Cuts - except the prices!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Although I don't like raising ticket prices at all either, it is still cheaper than a lot of other entertainment options out there. I think another poster here once said it is still cheaper than seeing a 2 hour Broadway play, or a 2 hour concert for a big name star, or a lot of 2 hour sporting events.

Also, there is inflation to consider. The dollar ain't what it used to be. Still sucks though to have to pay more. But I am not surprised. A bit upset maybe, but not surprised.

Clamman73

Well, in the September hours thread, I mentioned that they were decreasing the number of hours opened in MK based on the provided Park hours as per WDWMagic site...whether my math actually worked act properly...I'm not 100% sure, (and I didn't work out if there's a net gain in the other Parks) but it's looking like this year's slogan is "Let the Ripoff Begin"

HouCuseChickie

So you save half the price per day if you get a 7 day ticket? I wonder how many people actually buy one day tickets.

I've met several families who have stayed offsite who were unaware of this benefit. The worst...a woman who took her family for 8 days. They bought single day tickets each day upon arriving at the parks. She looked sick when I showed her how much she could have saved.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I've met several families who have stayed offsite who were unaware of this benefit. The worst...a woman who took her family for 8 days. They bought single day tickets each day upon arriving at the parks. She looked sick when I showed her how much she could have saved.

Ugh, that is horrible! I would have died right where I stood if I didn't know that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom