Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

I am Timmy

Thing that stinks about this while we US Guests can only get up to a 10 day pass while like Myself I like going for 2 weeks and I mostly stick within the parks pretty much my entire trip...However International guests have an option of 7/14/21 day passes...But, then the discounts you receive for being an AP has it's "perks" (kind of) and it's good for a year....
And the 10 day passes have gone up $70 each!! The cost of my trip for Dec. just went up $280 (4 people). Isn't that kind of a big jump? That's about a 14% rate hike, is that what they do every year? They better not tack on resort fees.

I am Timmy

In the last 7 years, the price of a 5 day ticket (non park hopper) has risen from $230, to $415. That is a $185 increase over 7 years.

Going back to the 1990's and using a 7 year time scale, the price of a 5 day ticket in 1992 was $162. In 7 years, it rose to $199 by 1999. That is an increase of $37 over 7 years.

Using a 7 year time scale in the early 2000's, a 5 day park hopper rose from $206 to $246 between 2000 - 2007. So in 7 years, it increased $40. And those prices are for Park Hoppers!

From 1992-2007: The price of a 5 day ticket went from $162 in 1992, up to$246 in 2007. In those 25 years the cost increased only $84. But in the last 7 years it has jumped $185! Am I crazy, or is that just insane?

I was using AllEars for pricing info.
And $53.25 of that was this year ALONE.

jakeman

Thanks for the reminder of why you are on ignore.. inability to carry an sense of an intelligent conversation. Shame on me for clicking the link. Lesson learned.
My conversation is very intelligent and my point is valid. Just because you feel like it minimizes your analysis and you lack a rebuttal but still have a pathological need for the last word isn't my issue.

Essentially you are looking to pinpoint the fall of the Disney empire, specifically the moment in time when the general public turns against WDW. People have been searching for that turning point since the late 90s and irrevocably point to the annual ticket increases as that turning point. It doesn't appear to have happened yet. Maybe this year is the year. Based on historical data, probably not though.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'm am saying that there is an extremely high probability that you aren't right. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to accept that.

Bandini

And the 10 day passes have gone up $70 each!! The cost of my trip for Dec. just went up $280 (4 people). Isn't that kind of a big jump? That's about a 14% rate hike, is that what they do every year? They better not tack on resort fees.
So, you only pay $70 for 10 days in the parks? Last time I was at DLR, I paid $155 for a one day park hopper. A 3 day park hopper at DLR is more than $280 for 1 person. Am I missing something?

BrianV

So, you only pay $70 for 10 days in the parks? Last time I was at DLR, I paid $155 for a one day park hopper. A 3 day park hopper at DLR is more than $280 for 1 person. Am I missing something?
He is talking about a $70 increase. (New price - old price).

21stamps

Are you taking the -$20 into consideration?
I know it's little consolation, but it's $80 off of the $280.

Did you have a package booked? If so your tickets won't change in price. Only if someone books/adds tickets now.

SorcererMC

Do you think Disney will ever get to the point of changing different, higher prices for tickets and so on if you stay off site. The magic bands could make it possible.

Sort of. By offering discounts to onsite guests - possibly. The problem with these dramatic price increases, which I see as the result of the tourist boom/ record attendance, is that they won't get rolled back. So I suspect that in the event of rapidly declining attendance, they would just offer targeted discounts.

ETA: Also -the $20 off for online purchase is a hedge against any attendance they might lose from the ticket price increases, a kind of targeted discount in itself.

Last edited:

LongLiveTheKing

Any word if Disneyland is going up?
Some ticket and below Signature ap prices did a bit, yeah. Not much but all of the price increases are very small increments and it's over time that the discrepency becomes large. Parking went down $2 although that doesn't mean much.

DisneyJoe

Sort of. By offering discounts to onsite guests - possibly. The problem with these dramatic price increases, which I see as the result of the tourist boom/ record attendance, is that they won't get rolled back. So I suspect that in the event of rapidly declining attendance, they would just offer targeted discounts.
Precisely, tied into a promotional MYW offer tied to a Disney resort stay.

Tom P.

Back on the subject of the specific ticket changes for just a moment...

The price increases and other changes were announced as beginning Sunday. As of today -- Thursday -- if you go to book a package on the Disney web site (i.e. hotel + tickets + dining and so forth), you are still being offered the old options. For example, I can pick a Magic Your Way base ticket and add just the Water Park Fun and More option without adding Park Hopper. Also, the cost of Water Park Fun and More is still at the old pricing, not the new Park Hopper Plus pricing. I haven't tried actually booking a package, but there is every indication that I would be able to.

I know that Disney's IT sometimes has problems -- to put it mildly. Still, having all the old options still available 4 days after the change was implemented seems unusual to me. Are packages supposed to be treated differently than buying stand-alone tickets? Or is this really that big of an oversight?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Back on the subject of the specific ticket changes for just a moment...

The price increases and other changes were announced as beginning Sunday. As of today -- Thursday -- if you go to book a package on the Disney web site (i.e. hotel + tickets + dining and so forth), you are still being offered the old options. For example, I can pick a Magic Your Way base ticket and add just the Water Park Fun and More option without adding Park Hopper. Also, the cost of Water Park Fun and More is still at the old pricing, not the new Park Hopper Plus pricing. I haven't tried actually booking a package, but there is every indication that I would be able to.

I know that Disney's IT sometimes has problems -- to put it mildly. Still, having all the old options still available 4 days after the change was implemented seems unusual to me. Are packages supposed to be treated differently than buying stand-alone tickets? Or is this really that big of an oversight?

They laid off the person who used to update the prices on the website, and are scrambling to reverse engineer the code to figure out what table to update.

I am Timmy

Are you taking the -$20 into consideration?
I know it's little consolation, but it's $80 off of the $280.

Did you have a package booked? If so your tickets won't change in price. Only if someone books/adds tickets now.
Oh, thanks, that's good to know! I was wondering how that effects a package.

OliveMcFly

I just had clients purchase tickets today and it still states "14 days from first use" but it also says "the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2018". It still gives a good amount of time to use the ticket. They were concerned it may be 6 months or a year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe there will be a lot of changes regarding pricing in the next few years. When do you think fast passes will be for on site guest only but for an extra cost, value resorts go away (price wise)???? @ford91exploder

Well from @WDW1974 we know the value/moderate/deluxe concept is going away in the next couple of years already with pricing based on park proximity

We also know that Disney plans to monetize FP from the recent annoucement that they will be selling mobile FP at DL.

FP I think will in some limited sense remain 'free' for onsite guests only. I can imagine two classes of FP one free and chargeable 'premium' FP for things like re-rides and 'preferred' times.

For offsite guests i think FP will be chargeable so as to drive the guests to WDW lodging/AP.

Just my thoughts on where Disney is going based on current actions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom