Thunder Mountain to close this September and will remain closed through most of 2013

Figments Friend

Wow...February..?
I do hope that all the new safety features and/or railings that now have to be added do not mess with the original look and feel of the attraction.

Perhaps to appease the fans, Disney will have to remove the model on display at the Disneyland Hotel and replace it instead with...Tony Baxter himself.
Hey, he is 'retired' now....he has the time..!
:p

All joking aside, it will be interesting to see how BTMR turns out after all of the extensive work.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The Frontierland walkway from Fantasyland has opened back up with newly themed pavement:

IMG_8565-M.jpg

IMG_8547-M.jpg

More details popping up in Rainbow Ridge:

IMG_8456-M.jpg

IMG_8434-M.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...ited-Update-Photos/www.datelinedisneyland.com

Figments Friend

The new pavement reminds me a lot of the themed paving in *Asia* at Animal Kingdom....right down to the *wagon tracks*.

Nice addition to the area. Man i wish this was open already !

thomas998

Mansion should be open around that time.

The Disneyland Resort, unlike WDW isn't reluctant to close down multiple rides for refurbishments at once, especially if the refurb is greatly needed (I don't think a refurb for Thunder is needed but I don't care). It can suck sometimes but the good thing is there are plenty of other great attractions that will be open! Plus, it gives you an excuse to come back.:D

I would say the fact that WDW staggers their refurbs out more is a sign that they have better management. Waiting until something can't wait and then doing it isn't a good thing.

GiveMeTheMusic

I would say the fact that WDW staggers their refurbs out more is a sign that they have better management. Waiting until something can't wait and then doing it isn't a good thing.

Wait, you do know that's how every WDW refurb gets scheduled right? They wait until the last possible minute when all the effects are broken or safety is an issue, like the Space Mountain refurb in 2009, or the Splash Mountain refurb last year. I wonder when they'll decide having a dilapidated Pirates ride is no longer acceptable and schedule it a refurb?

IndianaJones

Wait, you do know that's how every WDW refurb gets scheduled right? They wait until the last possible minute when all the effects are broken or safety is an issue, like the Space Mountain refurb in 2009, or the Splash Mountain refurb last year. I wonder when they'll decide having a dilapidated Pirates ride is no longer acceptable and schedule it a refurb?
But my vacation would be ruined...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom