Three DIsney MMOs Shutting Down

DTale

Original Poster
Attention, Toons:
Toontown Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.

From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Toons can log into Toontown and enjoy full unlimited access for free!

Here's what you need to know:

• Toontown Online Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Toons now play as Members for free until Toontown Online's closing date.
  • As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Toontown Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
  • If you do not currently have a Toontown Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
  • Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Shticker Book until Toontown closes on September 19, 2013.
  • If you have questions regarding your billing or Toontown Membership, please contact us.
For additional information and details, please visit the Toontown Closing FAQs.

Be sure to keep checking up-Toon-the-minute news on all the Toontastic activities and kooky celebrations coming your way during Toontown's final month here in Toon HQ!

Avast there, mates!
Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.
From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Pirates can log into Pirates Online and enjoy full Unlimited Access for free!

• Pirates Online Unlimited Access Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Pirates now play as Unlimited Access Members for free until Pirates Online's closing date.
  • As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pirates Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
  • If you do not currently have a Pirates Online Unlimited Access Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
  • Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Sea Chest until Pirates Online closes on September 19, 2013.
  • If you have questions regarding your billing or Pirates Online Membership, please contact us.
For additional information and details, please visit the Pirates Online Closing FAQs.

Keep a weather eye out on our Current News posts for all the festivities and swashbucklin' surprises sailing yer way during Pirates Online's final month!

Attention Pixies:
Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow will be closing on September 19, 2013.
From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Fairies and Sparrow Men can log into Pixie Hollow and enjoy full unlimited access for free!

• Pixie Hollow Memberships and Pixie Diamonds are no longer available for purchase. All Fairies and Sparrow Men now play as Members for free until Pixie Hollow's closing date.
  • As of August 20, 2013 paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pixie Hollow. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
  • If you do not currently have a Pixie Hollow Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
  • Any Secret Codes you have acquired can still be redeemed here until Pixie Hollow closes on September 19, 2013.
  • If you have any questions concerning your Membership or billing, please contact us.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please visit the Pixie Hollow Closing FAQs.

Continue to check out all of the exciting games and activities currently available at the offical Disney Fairies website.

The only game that really bothers is Toontown. I've played Toontown the past 11 years of my life (since Beta 1) and it has been a huge part of my childhood. It lead me to my interest in Disney and computer programming and I have no words to describe how I feel...

I'm not sure if his hand was involved in this at all, but Bravo Bob Iger, Bravo.

Long live VMK!

Mattius

Wow really? Thanks for the update. I used to play Toontown a lot but can't say I've been on in a few years. It was a lot of fun and I made some good friends (some of whom I still talk to). I'll have to log on for old times' sake...

thomas998

The only game that really bothers is Toontown. I've played Toontown the past 11 years of my life (since Beta 1) and it has been a huge part of my childhood. It lead me to my interest in Disney and computer programming and I have no words to describe how I feel...

I'm not sure if his hand was involved in this at all, but Bravo Bob Iger, Bravo.

Long live VMK!

My kids had account on Toontown and Pirates... this will save me money, which is the only good part of it.

The bad part was that Disney showed their hand in how poorly they cultivate a game. It seems they treat games much like they treat the rides in Disneyland and Disneyworld... they build them then basically walk away and do nothing to upgrade them until they start to fall apart.

I also heard that Disney was losing millions on them and that was part of the reason... which of course seems rather odd since a game that isn't ever upgraded is really only costing you the electricity to run the server. Lord knows I don't think I can recall the last time I saw an advertisement for any of the games.

Oh well... It will also save me from having to pay memberships to any of the other Disney games that might come up in the future. My kids were so upset they vowed to never play another Disney game... So that saves me from having to buy any of the Disney Infinity stuff, lucked out on that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom