Thoughts on travel dates

Ghostdog

Anyone who has advice during these dates please share. I’m curious of past crowds and weather. I know it’s hurricane season, that’s the only thing keeping me from finalizing everything. The airfare is cheap and there are 2 room codes I could use. My husband and I are thinking of booking a trip Sept 3-7.

Sept 3 arrival day / shopping at Disney Springs/pool day

Sept 4 MNSSHP

Sept 5 park hopping - no set plans

Sept 6 Park hopping - no set plans

Sept 7 Breakfast reservation/ fly home

Our main goal of this trip is MNSSHP and to take it easy and just meander throughout the parks. We’ve done all the big rides so we don’t necessarily need to ride anything; this is just a getaway trip to go and have fun together.

JIMINYCR

Weve been on several Sept trips, through the 2nd and 3rd weeks of Sept. On one we had daily rain storms that lasted a bit. The other two times we had no rain at all. Thats the chances of going during that season, the unpredictability. Before any of our trips anytime we keep up on the forecast prior to arriving and keep our eye on weather conditions before we start our day out in the parks. The bad thing is booking MNSSHP and chancing a cancellation of your event. I'd hope going earlier would be more advantageous than later in the season. Good Luck.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Weve been on several Sept trips, through the 2nd and 3rd weeks of Sept. On one we had daily rain storms that lasted a bit. The other two times we had no rain at all. Thats the chances of going during that season, the unpredictability. Before any of our trips anytime we keep up on the forecast prior to arriving and keep our eye on weather conditions before we start our day out in the parks. The bad thing is booking MNSSHP and chancing a cancellation of your event. I'd hope going earlier would be more advantageous than later in the season. Good Luck.
Thanks for the insight. We actually decided today to not book and hold off until spring. We do however want to do MNSSHP at some point.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I've been there during that time and the weather has been hot and humid. That specific week is Labor Day weekend so crowds might be higher. Which dates in the spring are you planning on going? March has always been a good month for us except for the spring break crowds.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
I've been there during that time and the weather has been hot and humid. That specific week is Labor Day weekend so crowds might be higher. Which dates in the spring are you planning on going? March has always been a good month for us except for the spring break crowds.
We’re still deciding when in the spring. We definitely want to avoid any and all spring break and Easter crowds.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You must fit in MNSSHP in the future. Well worth the money for the experience. Spring is a wonderful season to go and F&G make it even better.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
You must fit in MNSSHP in the future. Well worth the money for the experience. Spring is a wonderful season to go and F&G make it even better.
We’ve done a few parties in the past (Christmas and Pirate/Princess); I agree they’re worth the cost. The Halloween party is the one that we always keep putting off., mainly because of the weather.

Maybe next year we’ll try going next on Halloween. 🎃

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We've never done any of the after hours ticketed events (perhaps we think Disney has gotten enough of our money from 20 + trips over the years?) so can't speak to them. My only relevant comment would be you're only a week removed from August. Beware of the heat and hummididity!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom