though the double helix and then over the bridge (race report)

imagination30

Original Poster
Today was a nice day for a half Marathon , even if it was on a Sunday. it was so much , fun , even if my hip started to hurt about mile 12.. lol. , any way.. the start was a little unusual .. but it was manageable , I guess when you have then race in a out door shopping mall , it calls for weird layouts. but none the less.. the gun sounded and we were off , out and circled back around the font for mile 1.. and at one point we were on the back side not even on mile 1 .. and I heard a guy behind me say are we even on mile one yet! .. then after a quick race pix by my race buddy.. it was out on the Main high way... and at this point you take for granted how long of a stretch of highway it is .. I guess bc your in your car.. , but at some points.. we were running with nothing.. , just straight and flat.. , about mile 4ish / 5ish ... I took my first gel .. ( clff gel , mocha) . I have feel in love with them ever since Disney! ... , but I think I took it to soon.. , and at this point I fell in with the 1:55 pace group ... ( its my goal to break under 2:00 one day) .. im so dang close.. , but I ran with them for about till almost mile 9 ... when the super double Helx , spelt doom for me .. if I was Sheldon cooper to help me out of that one! .. but non the less.. that's what slowed me down a little.. and I lost sight of the 1:55 ers.. , but about mile 10-11 , I started to walk a little , and fell in with the 2:00 hour pace group... and that's not where I wanted to be.. , but I couldn't muster up enough , bc by this point my hip started to hurt.. and when this happened I knew I was done for .. , so I tried to muster up enough to get close to a under 2: , we came around the last straight away headed back the to shopping center and I pasted by my time caller ... it was 1:40 . I was yes I got this ... but I couldn't hold on too it bc of my hip ... , after that mile 12-13 .. we came in to the shopping center . and around the back side of the hotel .. I was hopeful I could do it , we came up on the last turn .. and around the lake to the finish.. , look up at the clock .. it was unofficial 2:04:01 , but officially - 2:04:04. so close to going under 2:00 maybe soon... , but I did beat Disney by a hour! ... but this was the inaugural event and I was very fun.. and nice weather.. we got Cool bling.. , something to add to my collect.. , after the race me and mom were debatin on getting breakfast or waiting and eating lunch . we decided on jersey mikes .. and man was it good ... but if your interested check out bridgestreet town center half Marathon , hunstville al

Ariel484

Nor for me. That is a 9:09 pace. My PR in the 10K (which as we all know is less than half the distance of a Half M) is 9:06 pace.
My half PR (which is over a year old) is 2:13ish, so I'm hoping to get under 2:10 at some point. Going under 2 hours seems VERY far away for me.

JillC LI

My half PR (which is over a year old) is 2:13ish, so I'm hoping to get under 2:10 at some point. Going under 2 hours seems VERY far away for me.

My official Half PR (although I've slightly bettered it in training runs) is 2:16:59. I'm hoping to beat it in May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom