Those with Dietary Concerns; Where Do You Eat on Property?

PortOrleans

Original Poster
Though I chose a vegetarian diet, I thought recommendations from other individuals who have dietary concerns in regards to dining could assist individuals interested in visiting the parks but hesitant about having their needs met.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Disney is the best place for dietary restrictions or lifestyles. They have many delicious choices and if you don't see something you like just ask sometimes they will make something else for you. I know many that are gluten free, vegetarian, diabetic, etc etc that have no issues dining at any QS or TS restaurants on property. Every single place I know even on the regular menus has a vegetarian option. Also if you let them know your needs on your reservations for TS places they will talk to you about what your options are and usually besides the vegetarian option on the menu they have a special menu for certain needs if you ask or also talk to the Chef. But vegetarian is fairly easy being on all menus there is at least one vegetarian option at QS and TS places. Menus are on here or on MDE for all QS and TS locations. ;)

AndyS2992

Is it? My sister is both gluten and lactose intorant and she had a hard time finding anything back in 2015. We didn't want to make a fuss so she would pick something like salad or vegetable something but even then it would usually come with cheese or something sprinkled on top even when asked for it not be but again we didn't complain or make a fuss. Hopefully things have improved since.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Is it? My sister is both gluten and lactose intorant and she had a hard time finding anything back in 2015. We didn't want to make a fuss so she would pick something like salad or vegetable something but even then it would usually come with cheese or something sprinkled on top even when asked for it not be but again we didn't complain or make a fuss. Hopefully things have improved since.

Sorry that happened to her. But that is where y'all went wrong by not inquiring more. Always talk to the chefs at TS (and staff at QS) and note on all TS reservations by calling dining line, and also ask about other options available once there. They will not have all options on the regular menus and Welcome talking to guests about their specific dietary requests or needs. It's not a fuss at all. Also don't be afraid to ask to leave certain things off or ask what the ingredients are. They are usually very accomadating. ;)

Last edited:

coachwnh

My wife has celiac, and the food options are amazing. From calmari and fried chicken, pizza, rolls, desserts, pasta, you name it!!! Even bisque soup. She had so many options!!!! We started going to WDW as APs in 2008, and they were way ahead of the game back then. Where did you go that she couldnt find someting to eat? We were going several times a year, and ate at numerous sit downs, signitures, and QS places and never had an issue. In fact, we were told by more than one chef that celiac and lactose are some of the easiest to do in Disney. Its what made going to the world so enjoyable for her. I hope you have better luck when you return. Id love to help when it comes to celiac dining in Disney. Just let me know.

AndyS2992

My wife has celiac, and the food options are amazing. From calmari and fried chicken, pizza, rolls, desserts, pasta, you name it!!! Even bisque soup. She had so many options!!!! We started going to WDW as APs in 2008, and they were way ahead of the game back then. Where did you go that she couldnt find someting to eat? We were going several times a year, and ate at numerous sit downs, signitures, and QS places and never had an issue. In fact, we were told by more than one chef that celiac and lactose are some of the easiest to do in Disney. Its what made going to the world so enjoyable for her. I hope you have better luck when you return. Id love to help when it comes to celiac dining in Disney. Just let me know.
Thank you :) We only ever eat at Everything Pop, Landscape of Flavors, Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons and T Rex/Rainforest Cafe. We use counter service mainly and always just stick to the same places every trip, we should probably be more adventurous lol As you and @sxeensweet say, we should probably be a bit more forward with the CMs and see what they can offer us rather than just settling for the standard menu items.

coachwnh

Thank you :) We only ever eat at Everything Pop, Landscape of Flavors, Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons and T Rex/Rainforest Cafe. We use counter service mainly and always just stick to the same places every trip, we should probably be more adventurous lol As you and @sxeensweet say, we should probably be a bit more forward with the CMs and see what they can offer us rather than just settling for the standard menu items.
Just about every QS has rolls for burgers, dogs, sandwiches. You can get chicken tenders. Trex and Rainforest are very good with celiac. Please let me know how I can help when you go back. Good luck!

dreamfinder

Almost every CS and TS location will have at least one vegetarian friendly choice. The only truly disappointing meal I have received on property was at the former Bistro de Paris where the only option they offered was a bunch of side dishes of veggies on a plate.

Some TS locations will only offer a black bean burger or a grilled veggie sandwich, but other do offer meat substitutes. At Epcot Sunshine Seasons usually has meat substitute, Tangierine Cafe has a great veggie platter, and I think even Liberty Inn has Chick'n. AK usually has some hidden gems, I've had veggie curries and the like, but those tend to change freguently. DHS is tougher, I think it's usually the basics. MK the same, but Columbia Harbor House usually has a hummus sandwich.

WDW is very accommodating. Every CS location has a binder full of every ingredient used in any given meal, and at a TS location they will either have an allergy menu explaining what meals are appropriate for what allergies, or will bring out the chef to discuss your needs with you.

And if you have more than 4 allergies, WDW has a special diets department setup to work with guests like you.

You can check out sites like http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/ to see what the chefs will do to work with special diets.

righttrack

You tell your server or host or even the quick service counter, I have these food restrictions. They will do anything possible, give you a tour of the buffet if there is one and tell you what's ok and what is not, and if they don't have anything they will make it for you. This is easily the best place I've been to in the world for conditions like these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom