This new layout is TERRIBLE...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It doesn't feel right. I'm sorry as I'm sure a lot of work went into doing it however it's not as user friendly to me and feels less like a 'living' forum somehow. I hope it grows on me but right now I feel really depressed about it, like I've lost something. Sorry to seem ungrateful.

I have seen several transitions like this on boards I visit. It is more the learning curve and getting used to factor than anything. The old forum software compared to this is like going from a flip phone to a broPhone.

kapeman

You can multi quote on a page by clicking Reply on the lower right corner of each post you want. They will be added to the reply box on the bottom.

Thanks.

Just click on all of the quotes, and then hit "Reply."

Got it, thanks!

Without having tried it in a real-life scenario, it seems like it might be a bit tricky across multiple pages, but I am reserving judgement.

WDWVito

Yep it is much faster. Along with the new software we are running on all new hardware - which is an absolute BEAST.

Steve,
For about 2min i had mixed feelings...but this was a nice upgrade... good job!! What software is the forum running now? (it is prob right in front of me somewhere) :) and because i am an IT geek, what is the BEAST hardware? (if you don't mind me asking, if so, never mind. I don't want you to give away any top secret wdwmagic info.) :)
Any way good job.

Vito

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What were they thinking by ruining the boards like this?!
It is always there if you need it.

url

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve,
For about 2min i had mixed feelings...but this was a nice upgrade... good job!! What software is the forum running now? (it is prob right in front of me somewhere) :) and because i am an IT geek, what is the BEAST hardware? (if you don't mind me asking, if so, never mind. I don't want you to give away any top secret wdwmagic info.) :)
Any way good job.

Vito

We have some brand new hardware to power the new forum, joining our cluster of 6 machines powering the WDWMAGIC sites. Here is a look at the processors for the new DB server.

cpustack2.JPG

The Mom

Premium Member
I just had to edit & delete a couple of reported posts. The new system is much faster, once I got the hang of it. As others have mentioned, it's just a matter of getting used to a slightly different look and way of doing things.

But after all of the trouble I was having with the old forum, it will be worth it.

TalkingHead

The posts sort of run together in this new layout. I wish the lines between each post were a little more substantial so that each post looked a little more contained.

DTM93

The new forum is about trying to put the important information in front and center, and hiding away some of the clutter. I felt like the old forum resembled a warehouse stock control system, with text, tables, blocks, and forms everywhere. This new version is much more simple, and hopefully easier for people to use. I do understand though that for existing users, it will take some adjustment.

This design reminds me of a social networking design for like a blog!
I must admit for the first hour I was a bit confused but now I enjoy using it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom