This might be a strange question, but...

g--force

Original Poster
Long story short, my DW and I have been together for 17 years but we just got married in May of 2013. We have booked our 2nd family (w/ our 15 yr old DD) trip to WDW for Feb/March 2014. This really will be our honeymoon, but it feels strange saying we are going on our honeymoon 9 months after our wedding and only 3 months before our 1st anniversary.

We aren't looking for, or expecting any special treatment or perks but our TA included a note on our reservation that it is our honeymoon. I'm thinking of having her remove that, or at least change it to say anniversary.

I know the unwritten rule with birthdays is 6 months before or 6 months after your ;) but this just seems a little different for some reason.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Maybe I'm overthinking things... :cautious:

Thanks everybody!

Sweet Melissa

Not everybody takes a honeymoon immediately after the wedding. Doesn't mean that's not what it is.

Also, don't worry too much about people showering you with special attention or perks. We just had a two-week trip to Disney for our wedding and honeymoon, and the celebration was noted on the hotel and restaurant reservations. Most didn't acknowledge it at all (like, not even so much as a "congratulations") unless we were wearing the buttons and basically making a show of it.

Darryl & John

Hi Melissa I just wanted to jump in here because your response basically answered my question. We were just married on 12/28/13 and are definitely planning this upcoming trip as our honeymoon. It is noted on our Rez and I was wondering what they would do or say specifically. You mention buttons and I'm assuming that is something they give you at check in? We are neither of us are the button wearing type but that's cool.

I do have a more specific question that I hope someone can answer. We will be dining at Victoria & Alberts on 2/15 (we couldn't get in on 2/14 even with about 5 months notice - oh well) and I wondered what, if anything, V & A would do for us. I think it is safe to say that the staff won't come flying out of the kitchen clapping and singing (al la Fridays....thank God) but it would be great if they did some special recognition of our recent nuptials. Any ideas of what they may do? Has anyone had a similar event at V & A that they'd like to share?

Thanks!

Sweet Melissa

We ate at V&A on our honeymoon. We got a great table and everyone we spoke to congratulated us, but they do their best to make every meal special, so there's not really anything they would do there that would be above and beyond their already stellar service.

Darryl & John

Hi Melissa. Great, thanks for the quick reply. That suits us to a tee. John just said that he hopes they don't come out with a cake with a bride and groom on top (LOL). I said I can't imagine Disney would make such a faux pas. Especially at a 5 Diamond restaurant! Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom