This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

markymark

Originally posted by Tink
Guys, just found out that my brother is safe! He works from 2 offices - one in the Twin Tower that collapsed. I've been freaking out all morning - i finally got an email from him - he's ok - he's at the other office!I am losing it...

Thank God, Tink!

The Mom

Premium Member
Guys, just found out that my brother is safe! He works from 2 offices - one in the Twin Tower that collapsed. I've been freaking out all morning - i finally got an email from him - he's ok - he's at the other office!I am losing it...

Thank God for one piece of good news!

MrPromey

This is the first good news that I have heard from anyone. Thank God for you, Bean. I'm sure you must have been sick inside.

mightyduck

That's good news, Tink....I can only imagine...

My thoughts are with you...

My best friend is having an asthma attack--she lives in NYC and can't get back in touch with her brother...we have so many friends who work there at least part time, and we have no idea what's going on...

The towers have the antennaes for cells and broadcast, so a lot of communication is cut off...

Firefighters can't reach their families to tell them if they're alive

More explosions....

Tink

Everyone here has family and friends that commute and no one can get through to anyone. My brother said it is chaos - he's trying to just stay in the building and stay out of it as much as possible.

thanks everybody - but so many people are freaking out here - i have to go

MrPromey

i wish you guys were here - i realy really need a hug. my hands won't stop shaking

Well, you are safe and your family is safe. Take comfort in that. Know that the hearts of everyone here are with you along with the rest of the country. We are all affected by this either directly or indirectly. I have family in PA and have yet to hear where in PA the jet crashed. I too am worried. I understand how you feel and I'd hug you if you were here as much for me as for you...

Tink

Originally posted by mightyduck

Tink, I wish I were there, too...

Are you at work?

yes, but i haven't been able to do a thing since this happened...

those poor people in the towers were just settling into work too...I cant imagine the terror

mightyduck

California on highest tactical alert...

Philly airport closed...Liberty Bell and Independence Hall is closed...

I was supposed to go to a "pink slip" media party in manhattan tonight...

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

Well, you are safe and your family is safe. Take comfort in that. Know that the hearts of everyone here are with you along with the rest of the country. We are all affected by this either directly or indirectly. I have family in PA and have yet to hear where in PA the jet crashed. I too am worried. I understand how you feel and I'd hug you if you were here as much for me as for you...

Crashed 80 miles SE of Pittsburgh...8 miles west of Generstown (sp?)

MrPromey

Originally posted by mightyduck

Crashed 80 miles SE of Pittsburgh...8 miles west of Generstown (sp?)

Thank you! I can't pull up anything online about any of this - just page cannot be displayed messages. They live just outside of Pittsburgh. So they are more than likely OK. Again, thank you for the info., Mighty.

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

Thank you! I can't pull up anything online about any of this - just page cannot be displayed messages. They live just outside of Pittsburgh. So they are more than likely OK. Again, thank you for the info., Mighty.

No problem...

Philadelphia is closed. All schools, offices, etc... extra security at monuments and landmarks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom