This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

prberk

Tuesday, September 11... 2012. It has been a long time since we have heard that phrase, but it is still haunting. You can find it opening the Today show that morning on YouTube clips. It happened to be a beautiful day that morning before the actions of those few brought the dark clouds.

But, as the song, "America the Beautiful," states in the third verse, "Thine alabaster cities gleam, undimmed by human tears."

Thanks again, Steve, for maintaining this thread and helping us to remember the raw pain and emotion contained within.

wiigirl

Always remember.

75.gif

britdaw

I was bawling like a baby reading this thread... It was like reliving the attacks, reading along as you guys watched the reports and talked each other through it.
. September 11th is a day we will never ever forget.

ddbowdoin

Never forget...

It affected a lot of us here in Boston, many friends on that plane. Scary fact: the terrorists slept in a motel about 2 miles from my house. It's scary that I could have driven past these people numerous times.

Bob Saget

We'll be OK, folks. We'll get thru this. Stick together.
^This was posted in the middle of all the chaos on 9/11/01. A decade+ later, this statement holds more truth & power to it than we realize. God bless those who were impacted by this horrible day back in '01. You are not forgotten.

MrPromey

I'll never forget that day, either. I was here with my friends that morning before it happened. I'm not active here in the forums much anymore but I'll never forget the people who were with me here when we were all trying to make sense out of what had happened.

75disney

Thank you so much to all of the firemen, police officers, EMTs, and military who put their lives on the line for all of us every day. Bless the souls of all those who lost their lives that horrible day and bless the families who lost their loved ones. United we stand! God bless America!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom