This could get kinda addicting....

BigTxEars

Original Poster
We placed a offer today on 50 more points. We currently have 100 at SSR, which we bought this year. The new offer is for OKW, same use year.

We offered asking price so I would imagine it will go thru, well at least I hope so!

150 points is not much but it's a start. Both contract have points available starting in 2015. The OKW is not extended and expires in 2042. That sure seems like a long way off :)

So if it does go thru we will have two DVC "memberships" correct? Two ID cards, two of everything? No big deal just curious.

Since they are both same use year (APRIL) it should be very easy to combine the points correct? I know I can only combine at 7 months out but with SSR and OKW from what I hear that is plenty of time to reserve.

Wish us luck on the offer :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
OKW is my home resort, I'm sure you'll love it if you choose to stay there! It's usually available, but believe it or not, SSR is even more available in peak times.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Thanks all. We are going on our last non DVC trip the first week of June this year. Staying at the Boardwalk. We have Wednesday planned for no parks, just going to take a day to relax in the middle of the week. Going to take a taxi from BW to OKW, we now has a reservation at Olivias for breakfast, then walk around about to see the place. Then we are going to boat from OKW to DTD, hop a boat to SSR and walk around there. Not sure if we can boat directly from OKW to SSR? Then from SSR back to DTD and kick around awhile, bowl some at Splitsville and then at 6pm we have a reservation at Ragland Road (our fav place to eat at Disney so far, plus my son who is in the USAF stationed in Tamps will drive down to join us for dinner) then back to the BW for some swimming. It will give us a chance to see the two home resorts and decide which to stay at as our first DVC stay in 2015 :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Not sure if we can boat directly from OKW to SSR?

Ufortunately, no, you can not. The boats are all separate to each resort, similar to the buses.

We started with 160 points at SSR, and we are already up to 360 now. :eek: We will be adding 40 more in the near future to take us to an even 400. It is addicting, but it also allows us to stay in a 1 bdr - even if it is my wife and I by ourselves, and secure larger rooms as needed with our boys and their wives during group trips. We will be at OKW soon in a 3 bdr Grand Villa, so the extra points come in handy.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Ufortunately, no, you can not. The boats are all separate to each resort, similar to the buses.

We started with 160 points at SSR, and we are already up to 360 now. :eek: We will be adding 40 more in the near future to take us to an even 400. It is addicting, but it also allows us to stay in a 1 bdr - even if it is my wife and I by ourselves, and secure larger rooms as needed with our boys and their wives during group trips. We will be at OKW soon in a 3 bdr Grand Villa, so the extra points come in handy.

Good info on the boats thanks.

I feel good with 150 points but I know I want more. If the ole bonus comes it at work this year then I will be getting more for sure. I "think" I will cap out at 300 or so though. But you never know :)

MikeyK72

My wife and I purchased 200 resale points (SSR) a couple of years ago and just added on another 200 (again SSR via resale). I agree that you should keep a single membership number because in your situation both of your contracts have the same use year. For us, our original contract had an August use year but the new contract had a December use year so we received another membership number...so we have two membership numbers each containing one contract.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
My wife and I purchased 200 resale points (SSR) a couple of years ago and just added on another 200 (again SSR via resale). I agree that you should keep a single membership number because in your situation both of your contracts have the same use year. For us, our original contract had an August use year but the new contract had a December use year so we received another membership number...so we have two membership numbers each containing one contract.

Good point. I gave the broker my first contract number, I assumed that Disney will just add these to that contract. I hope so anyways. :)

We should be wrapping up the second contract with the next few weeks so I will know more then.

MikeyK72

Good luck with your second contract. Even if you are assigned a second member number I can say that it isn't much of a bother. Two things come to mind...first, you'll get a second DVC membership card and second, that when using the DVC web site you'll need to work under the context of a member number (the site offers a pick list of your member numbers) when making reservations...so you just have to be a little careful.

But as long as both of your contracts have the same use year (month) then I'm pretty sure I was told by either Disney or the resale folks that they could be combined under a single member number.

I agree with the title of this thread too because we quickly realized that we wanted more points in order to vacation the way we would like to do so. We've found that it's much more convenient, even when just the two of us go, to have a 1 bedroom versus a studio. This is somewhat due to the "towel situation" and the availability of a washer/dryer. If you haven't stayed at a DVC property using points before, you may be surprised to learn that unlike a hotel room, you do not receive cleaning service (with fresh towels) daily. Rather, you will receive your first visit (and fresh towels) on day #4. When Disney CMs say "welcome home" to you they mean it because you're expected to launder your own towels just like you do at home! :)

And since the studios do not have a washer/dryer in the room, you either have to use the public laundry rooms at your resort or take fresh towels from the pool. :)

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Good luck with your second contract. Even if you are assigned a second member number I can say that it isn't much of a bother. Two things come to mind...first, you'll get a second DVC membership card and second, that when using the DVC web site you'll need to work under the context of a member number (the site offers a pick list of your member numbers) when making reservations...so you just have to be a little careful.

But as long as both of your contracts have the same use year (month) then I'm pretty sure I was told by either Disney or the resale folks that they could be combined under a single member number.

I agree with the title of this thread too because we quickly realized that we wanted more points in order to vacation the way we would like to do so. We've found that it's much more convenient, even when just the two of us go, to have a 1 bedroom versus a studio. This is somewhat due to the "towel situation" and the availability of a washer/dryer. If you haven't stayed at a DVC property using points before, you may be surprised to learn that unlike a hotel room, you do not receive cleaning service (with fresh towels) daily. Rather, you will receive your first visit (and fresh towels) on day #4. When Disney CMs say "welcome home" to you they mean it because you're expected to launder your own towels just like you do at home! :)

And since the studios do not have a washer/dryer in the room, you either have to use the public laundry rooms at your resort or take fresh towels from the pool. :)

Good info thanks :)

Yeah I will eb taking those pool towels :)

I knew about the lack of Mousekeeping, that will be a little odd but we will adjust.

I am in the first stage of booking our first trip via DVC in Jan 2015 right now. I can say the 1 bedrooms sure look a lot nicer than the studios. Looking at my points and future plans the best thing seem to be for us to book a studio this trip, then book the remaining points. That will allow us to book and borrow in the future years and always book a 1 bedroom. We only have 150 pts total so we will need to do something like that to maximize our points going forward.

I guess we can "rough" it this trip with a studio at SSR :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom