Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So it is comming closer and closer... just 52 days left! And during our 2 week break we managed to get the FP+ we wanted :)

So we will fly out of Amsterdam on the 16th of October at 08.55 local time and arrive at Orlando Sanford around 13.00 local time! After the ride with the mini van it will be checking-in in POFQ, some swimming and maybe get to Downtown Disney or Disney Springs by boat.

17 October Magic Kingdom
15.50 Seven Dwarfs
18.50 Big Thunder Mountain
19.50 Splash Mountain

18 October Hollywood Studios
11.35 Tower of Terror
13.20 Toy Story Mania
15.55 Star Tours
16.25 Dinner at Sci-fi

19 October Animal Kingdom
14.10 Expedition Everest
15.30 Kali River Rapids
17.00 Kilimanjaro

20 October Epcot
15.45 Mission Space
16.50 Test Track
18.20 Spaceship Earth

21 October Hollywood Studios
11.50 Tower of Terror
13.20 Rock 'n Roller Coaster
16.20 Star Tours

22 October Magic Kingdom
09.00 Space Mountain
10.35 Seven Dwarfs
12.35 Splash Mountain

At night the MNSSHP!!

23 October Magic Kingdom
11.45 Big Thunder Mountain
14.45 Festival of Fantasy Parade
17.10 Meet Anna and Elsa

So far so good and still counting down :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So the 50 day mark :) I't comming closer and closer and in the meantime as mentioned before more nice things to come.... 2 nights of U2 in Amsterdam, Saybia in Amsterdam... so time will fly by! The countdown for U2 day one is just 12 days away and U2 day 2 will be 16 days left :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
"What time is it in [Turin] tonight? Showtime!" I hope Europe is ready! Would so love to see U2 over there.

Yeah can't for the European leg to start! Saw a lot of pictures of people already queing up since yesterday! Last night Bono came out and delivered some pizza's to the que :) With the Meerkat app we can be part of the show tonight.... will absolutely be following the show! And Tuesday it is my turn :) And Sacha's first U2 show ever :) My 47th :) And Saturday we have the reprise in the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome :) Off course there will be some pictures!

DisSplash

Getting excited for your trip to start, I see! :) And you should be - it's next month!!! I can't wait to see all of your adventures play out in your trip report! Not only will you be in WDW for your anniversary (Happy Anniversary, by the way!) but you will be in WDW on my birthday, so please have some chocolate-y dessert for me! ;)
Not sure when we will get back to WDW (hoping for next summer!) but we are also counting down - to our Star Wars cruise in January! 140 days for us!!!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Getting excited for your trip to start, I see! :) And you should be - it's next month!!! I can't wait to see all of your adventures play out in your trip report! Not only will you be in WDW for your anniversary (Happy Anniversary, by the way!) but you will be in WDW on my birthday, so please have some chocolate-y dessert for me! ;)
Not sure when we will get back to WDW (hoping for next summer!) but we are also counting down - to our Star Wars cruise in January! 140 days for us!!!!

Wow you are going on a Star Wars Cruise!!! We're so jealous!! And thanks for the congrats! We will take an extra desert ;) I't somming closer by the day! And your 140 days will be gone before you know it... although by then.... you will probably have finished my TR :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom