Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

coachwnh

Thanks for the pictures @@coachwnh Seems you were very close by! Did you had a good view of the big screen? When is the MSG date for you?

We were very close. Right on the floor, no more than 15 feet from the smaller second circle stage (where most of the songs were played last night). The screen was streched right along the middle in front of us. With the band so close, I really never watched the screen (other than when they played Invisible after the intermission since they played it inside the screen!

Just scored tix for this Saturday in NYC tonight in Boston! Im going with my wife and son on July 27 as planned, too! We were going to try for tix in Boston again tonight, but I couldnt see paying the asking price. A friend of mine is heading to MSG this weekend and said he had an extra floor ticket again, so missing out tonight wasnt that bad. We decided to take the 5 hour drive home from Boston and I just got home about 30 minutes ago. Tired, but excited to get the extra tickets for New York!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Wow just 15 feet away! I can imagine you didn't watch the big screen! The first night in Amsterdam we also have floor tickets. I just go with Sacha, it will be her first U2 show ever! Since she is 18 she is more into the modern music, but she also likes the new U2 songs. When she said she only knew the new songs we listened to a greatest hits album and she recognized them all :) the second Amsterdam show for us we don't have floor tickets and then we go with the 3 of us!

Wow you have tickets for a second MSG show! that is marvelous! And this saturday, that's near by :) So 2 shows out of 8 is great! Did you see the set list of last night in Boston? And One and 40 at the end of the show!

I guess you are tired! Have a good night of sleep, or is it daytime already?

Pooh'sBuddy

Where to start?!

I've always wanted to stay at PO-French Quarter! Discounts were too hard to come by. Sigh. And you're staying at both resorts - how cool!

U2 is one of my faves! I remember listening to them back in the early 80s and knowing they were something special!

Wow, you're Dutch! I have Dutch roots; my mother had a Dutch last name that was partially bleeped out when I posted it. I had a facebook friend from playing a fb game from the Netherlands, and we look like sisters. Our older son looks Dutch, too. While both boys were in 3rd grade, they each had a heritage research project to pick a country of origin to present. Since I help them with homework, their country was the Netherlands, and we learned much about Dutch history and about King's (formerly Queen's) Day. Not that it would ever happen, we joked about visiting and somehow meeting King Willem-Alexander's daughters who would fall in love instantly with our boys and live happily ever after. :) I remember van Persie's header goal at World Cup!! Priceless!!

Have a wonderful time at U2 and counting down to your WDW visits!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Where to start?! I've always wanted to stay at PO-French Quarter! Discounts were too hard to come by. Sigh. And you're staying at both resorts - how cool! U2 is one of my faves! I remember listening to them back in the early 80s and knowing they were something special! Wow, you're Dutch! I have Dutch roots; my mother had a Dutch last name that was partially bleeped out when I posted it. I had a facebook friend from playing a fb game from the Netherlands, and we look like sisters. Our older son looks Dutch, too. While both boys were in 3rd grade, they each had a heritage research project to pick a country of origin to present. Since I help them with homework, their country was the Netherlands, and we learned much about Dutch history and about King's (formerly Queen's) Day. Not that it would ever happen, we joked about visiting and somehow meeting King Willem-Alexander's daughters who would fall in love instantly with our boys and live happily ever after. :) I remember van Persie's header goal at World Cup!! Priceless!! Have a wonderful time at U2 and counting down to your WDW visits!

Hey thanks for the great reply :) Where to start? :) A ot of similarities! I guess we were lucky with the descounts for 2016. The trip for this October is without discounts, we just wanted to return after our last October trip! We are not finished at all at WDW. There is so much more to explore! Orinignally we talked about WDW for years. We decided some years ago to try to be in WDW for our 5-year anniversary! But well we ended up to go a year earlier with some friends, as you can read in the TR we were in a villa about 20 minutes away by car. And well since the original plan was to go in 2015 we found out that is was as expensive as a summer holiday trip to Spain or Italy. So the choice was easy :) As Disney freaks we booked the trip. And then the discount for 2016 came by. It was not easy but yet a quick descision to go again in 2015.

I am a huge U2 fan since the early 80's. I was one of the lucky few so see the live in 1980 at the age of 9 :) And since then I am an addict. Even bigger than a Disney addict. I guess I attend more than 50 shows in the Netherlands and througout Europe. The best shows were in Dublin, their hometown!

Greta that you have Dutch roots! And even more great that your son and his friend did The Netherlands as a school project! Maybe smeday you can visit Netherlands, consider yourself to have a place to stay :) And about the Van Persie goal? That was marvelous! One of the best I ever saw!

U2 in September will be awesome and the clock is ticking in the right direction :)

Have a great day!

Pooh'sBuddy

And well since the original plan was to go in 2015 we found out that is was as expensive as a summer holiday trip to Spain or Italy. So the choice was easy :) As Disney freaks we booked the trip. And then the discount for 2016 came by. It was not easy but yet a quick descision to go again in 2015.

Have a great day!

Comparing costs, and Disney won!! Heavenly!

I'd love to visit Holland. hmmmmmmm. :)

Thanks, you have a great day, too.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
We were very close. Right on the floor, no more than 15 feet from the smaller second circle stage (where most of the songs were played last night). The screen was streched right along the middle in front of us. With the band so close, I really never watched the screen (other than when they played Invisible after the intermission since they played it inside the screen!

Just scored tix for this Saturday in NYC tonight in Boston! Im going with my wife and son on July 27 as planned, too! We were going to try for tix in Boston again tonight, but I couldnt see paying the asking price. A friend of mine is heading to MSG this weekend and said he had an extra floor ticket again, so missing out tonight wasnt that bad. We decided to take the 5 hour drive home from Boston and I just got home about 30 minutes ago. Tired, but excited to get the extra tickets for New York!

Have a great Show tonight!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Hope you have a good trip home! And WOW what a show!! A lot of celeberties were in the crowd but thatvwas not that important...... You got "OCTOBER"!!!! For the first time since November 11th 1989! Setlist looks great further! Looking forward for sime pictures

FlaggNL

Original Poster

disneypearl

I watched the video you attached of Baron 1898. Very interesting. I loved how it goes down into the steam. Pretty scary and I don't think I'd have the courage to ride. I would still love to visit De Elteling though. The theming looks great! It looks like a fun park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom