Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
(I'm writing this partly in English and Dutch because I want to practice :) Yes I'm weird :p) I'll be there the week before you, and we're also staying at POFQ for part of our trip! Ik zal ook op POFQ zijn de week voor jou! Ik hoor dat het heel mooi is, dus ik kan niet wachten! There is only one party on October 31st. It seemed fun, but I was disappointed it was the only one! Er is slechts één partij op 31 oktober. Vorig jaar leek me het leuk, maar ik was teleurgesteld dat er slechts één was! I love the Efteling! I went there last year on the first day of Winter Efteling, and I really want to go back! I didn't get to ride De Vliegende Hollander or Pirana, since they were closed for winter. Plus I want to ride the new Baron 1898! Ik hou van de Efteling! Ik heb er vorig jaar geweest op de eerste dag van Winter Efteling, en ik wil heel graag terug! Ik heb niet gereden de Vliegende Hollander of Pirana, want zij waren gesloten voor de winter. En de nieuwe achtbaan Baron 1898 ziet er geweldig! Veel plezier! I hope you get all the fastpasses you want!

hej thanks for the reply, and I will do it only in English :) Great that you are staying in POFQ as well :) We already know that we will stay in PORS in 2016 :) And I totally agree that it is disapponting that in DLP there is only one night for Halloween although there is a period of time that the park is themed in Halloween style :) Great that you also love the Efteling. We will be there on July 18th :) So we probably will ride the new Baron 1989 ride :) But I am not sure if I dare :)

Have fun as well and enjoy the pre feelings!!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
As much as i want to visit DLP, just to experience it as it is the closest slice of Disney avail i shall prob wait until 2017 when everything is done and finished :D

FlaggNL

Original Poster
As much as i want to visit DLP, just to experience it as it is the closest slice of Disney avail i shall prob wait until 2017 when everything is done and finished :D

I totally agree with that and it seems like we won't be in DLP before 2017. So we just have to deal with WDW the next 2 years ;) LOL

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
woooo did all the Fast Passes i wanted yesterday as i was at 60 days :D Also remember if a BOG breakfast time doesn't appear keep trying as the do pop up all the time

FlaggNL

Original Poster
woooo did all the Fast Passes i wanted yesterday as i was at 60 days :D Also remember if a BOG breakfast time doesn't appear keep trying as the do pop up all the time

That's more than great! We have to wait another 35 days..... and 5 days for ADR in BOG :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
U2 in Boston in just 9 hours!! Just wanted to share my joy with you since I know you understand.

I totally understand! Wow in Boston TD Garden! Enjoy the show I know it will be a remarkable one let us know how it was! I have to wait until September but then again I have 2 nights to go in Amsterdam!!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Will do. Taking our son to MSG to see the show in a few days as well!

Wow just saw this one! You are going to the holy grail! U2 in MSG!! Almost feels like homecomming as Bono always tells Only the Boss can top U2 in MSG!! And off course the best is U2 in Dublin! Been there twice Enjoy it in full and off course gave is some details afterwards !!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Show was amazing. Ill see how the pictures look and if i find some good ones ill share!

I can understand! From what I saw in youtube it looks more than great! The giant screen and the walking inbetween is so great! the sound is more than perfect the way they use the venues! And you got 'the Crystal Ballroom'!!! Hope they will play it in Amsterdam! Great setlist.. only still have problems with Still haven't found as closer of the show! Sometimes they also with One or with '40'. So I hope for at least one time '40' in Amsterdam! So now you are looking forward for the MSG show :) Off course we would like to see some pictures :)

coachwnh

I can understand! From what I saw in youtube it looks more than great! The giant screen and the walking inbetween is so great! the sound is more than perfect the way they use the venues! And you got 'the Crystal Ballroom'!!! Hope they will play it in Amsterdam! Great setlist.. only still have problems with Still haven't found as closer of the show! Sometimes they also with One or with '40'. So I hope for at least one time '40' in Amsterdam! So now you are looking forward for the MSG show :) Off course we would like to see some pictures :)
really wanted 40, but we got invisible to start the second set and crystal ball room! Awesome show. Looking at the pictures now, but the iphone pics dont look nearly as good as i has hoped.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
really wanted 40, but we got invisible to start the second set and crystal ball room! Awesome show. Looking at the pictures now, but the iphone pics dont look nearly as good as i has hoped.

From what I saw in the setlist it was a great setlist! Raised by wolves is one of my new favorites! And maybe the quality is not that good but great to see show pictures from Boston :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom