things to do first day of trip without doing the parks..

LMSB

My husband & I are heading down Oct 26 - Nov 2 for a late honeymoon.. flight is booked, resort reservations made (staying at All Star Movies:)), ADRs complete, all that's left to do is purchase our theme park tickets! Originally, we were going to do the 7 day park hopper but now are considering making it a 6 day and spending our first day outside the parks. Would love to hear some ideas/fun things to do outside the parks (besides resort hopping & Disney Springs) Ty in advance!

becca_

We never plan a park the day we get in. Too many unknowns with flights, transport, etc. Even though we love DME! We venture to Disney Springs, but we don't shop, we just catch the boat to Port Orleans. It's a wonderful boat ride, very pretty and relaxing. Like they said, once you're at PO, you can check out the pianist at French Quarter or rent bikes (I think that's at PO) and I know you can go on a carriage ride, or you can sip a refreshing beverage and watch the boats go by and the giant paddlewheel. Plus, PO has great themed stores where I tend to find some good presents for my family--who loves New Orleans! :p:D:cool:
& don't forget beignets at POFQ! :hungry:

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

My husband & I are heading down Oct 26 - Nov 2 for a late honeymoon.. flight is booked, resort reservations made (staying at All Star Movies:)), ADRs complete, all that's left to do is purchase our theme park tickets! Originally, we were going to do the 7 day park hopper but now are considering making it a 6 day and spending our first day outside the parks. Would love to hear some ideas/fun things to do outside the parks (besides resort hopping & Disney Springs) Ty in advance!
If resort hopping and DS are out just by the 7 day ticket or shorten the trip to 6 days.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Dinner while you watch a movie at AMC. That's been our first night at WDW tradition for several years, once we unpack the car. Nice way to decompress from the drive.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I know you said no ADRs for the first day, but our favorite first day activity is to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo (for the middle seating - I think it is 6ish). Other than that, as we have most often stayed at AKL, we've explored the hotel, taken advantage of the various activities there, and weather permitting have spent time at the pool. There is also usually a short power nap in the afternoon to make up for the earlier than normal alarm clock in order to catch a 7:00 am flight.

Upvote 0

Walter Elias Disney

Plenty to keep you busy on an off day from the parks...
1. Nice walking path from the Wilderness Hotel to the campgrounds.
2. Walk through the campgrounds. Campers always decorate their lots with Halloween decor. Always a fun time!
3. Purchase a Dole Whip over at the Polynesian Hotel. Relaxing and fun to walk around.
4. Head to Riverside and take the boat down to Disney Springs.
5. Supper at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is always a great way to relax.
6. Yacht and Beach Club's restaurant Beaches and Cream has the famous "Kitchen Sink" sundae.
7. Horse back riding at the campgrounds..great guided tour.
8. Rent a Sea Raycer at the Seven Seas Lagoon.
9. Ride the monorail through EPCOT.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
13. Explore Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. Take the boat round trip up to DHS or stroll back along the path. Hire a Surrey bike and ride around the lake. Stop in at the lounges at BW, YC and BC (after the bike preferably)!

14. Monorail loop to explore resorts

15. Round trip on Bay Lake boats / parasailing

16. Hoop de Doo

17. Explore somewhere off site - Kennedy, Airboat rides, outlet malls, Orlando Eye, matinee / evening show at the theatre.

18. Lie in, pool, brunch, explore your own resort (about 10 have bikes you can hire).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom