Things that gross you out in WDW.

KDiS88

I've never been to one of the water parks but just the thought of wet soggy food makes me cringe. My sisters wanna go really bad but I don't think I could handle bare feet stepping on soggy food. There's a few other things that gross me out but they've all been said on here already!

awoogala

Exactly. And I have a way of looking at it which is very simple; I am 33 1/2 years old. So for about 30 years, I have been turning on sink faucets, turning doorknobs, pulling on door handles and plopping my bare butt on public toilet seats. (I say 30 years in order to take into account the first few years where my mommy had to do all those things for me). If these germs haven't caused me any problems in the past 30 years, there's absolutely no reason for me to start worrying about them now.
I always laugh at the people who think the bathrooms are horrible...or won't sit on the toilets. You won't die! wHenever they do studies, usually tables, chairs, desks are all a billion times worse. The one study had checked schools. The toilets and bathrooms were the cleanest things in most schools, since they were disinfected daily...the desks were full of e-coli, and were rarely cleaned.

awoogala

People who leave their babies in a diaper that is enlarged from pee! Change it, everytime. I don't care that you bought super absorbent diapers. It's gross, and the poor kid does not need to walk around in that.

thongs hanging out of pants. I don't care if you are tiny or hot or whatever, wear clothes that fit, and keep your underwear to yourself.

people who blow their nose at the table while you are trying to eat. I just can't stop thinking about it, and you ruin my meal.

couples with their hands inside each other's pockets, or inside their jeans(yes, I have seen it)

people drenched in perfume and cologne. Especially on a hot day.

kids with gooey/runny noses. Totally my own issue, but it grosses me out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
people who blow their nose at the table while you are trying to eat. I just can't stop thinking about it, and you ruin my meal.

That is my #1! Is there a section of the population that was not taught that Nose Blow'n at a table is always inappropriate? I could deal with the kid pee'n on Main Street without hurling. Nose Blow'n while I'm eating makes me wanta loose it immediately.

awoogala

ooh. Forgot my worst one. I am not a Germ crazy person, I .touch bathrooms...lol
I .am super grossed out by the bedspread at any hotel, including Disney! They are the rightists things in the world. Won't let my kids touch them. Same with the remote control. It goes in a Ziploc the second we get there, and we use it like that.
according to everything I have read, the phone, remote, and bedspread are the grossest things in the world.

Weather_Lady

One odd thing that grosses me out, particularly in large, public places like Disney World: seeing those oversized, ear gauging rings that stretch huge holes in the wearer's earlobes, which seems to be a fad with the hipster set these days. I'm generally not bothered by piercings, no matter how much metal is involved. In fact, I'm not easily grossed out at all: I've casually examined my placentas after giving birth, gutted deer and washed their entrails in my kitchen sink, all without the slightest bit of revulsion. Yet for some reason, seeing a person with those huge holes in their lobes actually makes me gag, and my ears hurt and head throb, like pangs of "sympathy pain."

FrankLapidus

What! I... what! I can't even imagine that. Talk about spoiling the magic.

Yep. She must have been at least eight or nine and was with a Spanish-speaking family. They stopped not far from where we were sitting and she basically undressed in the middle of the street, peed, put her clothes back on and then they all walked off as if it was a completely ordinary thing to do. Everyone nearby looked surprised and a little uncomfortable. Security came a couple of minutes late, someone gave them a description of the family and then I presume they went to look for the family while some other CMs cleaned up but it was a pretty disgusting thing to do in a busy area on a really hot day.

pumpkin7

One odd thing that grosses me out, particularly in large, public places like Disney World: seeing those oversized, ear gauging rings that stretch huge holes in the wearer's earlobes, which seems to be a fad with the hipster set these days. I'm generally not bothered by piercings, no matter how much metal is involved. In fact, I'm not easily grossed out at all: I've casually examined my placentas after giving birth, gutted deer and washed their entrails in my kitchen sink, all without the slightest bit of revulsion. Yet for some reason, seeing a young hipster with those huge holes in their lobes actually makes me gag, and my ears hurt and head throb, like pangs of "sympathy pain."

Both my brother and sister in laws have these and they are DISGUISTING!!! Ew. I just do not get why! :confused:

71dsp

Not that I see it all the time at WDW, but I see it all the time at work...food/drinks in the bathroom. I'm sorry, edible stuff does NOT belong in a bathroom. I don't care if it's sealed or open. Setting it on the counter so you can do your business just grosses me out. bleh!

Also not flushing. In a public toilet that isn't self flushing, you can either push, pull, push downward, push upward, or really push/pull the handle in any direction and the thing will flush. Is it really that difficult?

janoimagine

Yep. She must have been at least eight or nine and was with a Spanish-speaking family. They stopped not far from where we were sitting and she basically undressed in the middle of the street, peed, put her clothes back on and then they all walked off as if it was a completely ordinary thing to do. Everyone nearby looked surprised and a little uncomfortable. Security came a couple of minutes late, someone gave them a description of the family and then I presume they went to look for the family while some other CMs cleaned up but it was a pretty disgusting thing to do in a busy area on a really hot day.
I saw this too in DL with a foreign family in line for Indy, they propped her up on the rail and she proceeded to pee into the vegetation ... I couldn't believe it myself.

janoimagine

Swamp a#$ is pretty nasty too ... especially when the person in front of you is all gamy and sweaty, that grosses me out more than anything. Just sayin.

loveofamouse

The things that gross me out at WDW gross me out everywhere cause I have germ/contamination issues. lol

One time, I had to walk barefoot at US/IOA. I fell off a curb, twisting my ankle. While I had no pain walking on it, it swelled too big for my shoes. I didn't bring flip flops for that trip so i walked around with only one shoe on. Now, I always pack flip flops for our trips. lol.

FitzherbertFreak

Oh my lord! Talk about ridiculous! There are enough bathrooms in Disney

iheartdisney91

the only thing i can think of that "grosses" me out is how people feel it's ok to stick their chewing gum on Disney property. especially Splash Mountain. How can you do that? Imaginears took a LONG time to construct awesome things for us, and yet guests do this, it's so disrespectful. Disney Parks are like a huge art peice. i know i'd be ticked off if i had someone ruin my art.

PrincessAlice89

We saw a young girl urinate in the middle of the street at DHS last year, right by Echo Lake. That was pretty gross.

DHS seems to be the place for that. I used to work there and i can remember more than one instance of little kids peeing in the bushes by star tours and their parents seeing it and not even trying to stop them.:eek:

alissafalco

OK, I have to stop reading this thread because I feel like I'm going to vomit. In DHS last month this spanish speaking girl was cupping her hands and drinking water from the sink in the bathroom as her mom watched and was talking to her.
Water parks/public pools are also disgusting. You are literally taking a bath with a 1000 other people with their mucas, saliva, sweat, urine and in some cases poop. Yes, I am a pool snob having my own inground pool in my yard.
After my daughter got out of the hospital at the beginning of the summer her Dr.'s said no public pools for 2 months. So, what does that tell you??? I said believe me, that will not be happening!!!

Freshee61

I wouldn't call it gross But stinky instead. At the resorts the recycled water or fertilizer or the combo of the two really smell like horse manure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom