Things are start to move at Shanghai Disney Resort

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
According to the ENCS.CN news service this are picking up on the building of the Shanghai Disney Resort. The article is shown below:

Topping out of 1st hotel in Shanghai Disney Resort

The first of two Disney-themed hotels in the Shanghai Disney Resort topped out on Wednesday.

Located inside the 3.9-square–kilometer resort set to open at the end of 2015, the seven-floor hotel with 800 rooms will be one of the main accommodation options and feature key views including the resort's central lake.

The hotel topping out was preceded by the installation last week of the first vertical steel for Shanghai Disneyland's "mountain", which will be located in a key area of the theme park and will be the second-highest structure at Shanghai Disney Resort after the Enchanted Storybook Castle. On completion it will also stand as the highest "mountain" in Shanghai's Pudong New District.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
The same news service has another update today, I think we sill start seeing more and more information.

No special line but trains to feature Disney elements

Shanghai will not have a special Disney Line like Hong Kong but some Metro trains running from Luoshan Road to Shanghai Disneyland will feature Disney elements, officials announced yesterday.

Three trains on Line 11 will be painted with popular Disney characters inside and outside the carriages, Zhang Jianbin, the chief planner of the Shanghai Shentong Metro Group, the city's subway operator, told legislators at the annual session of the Shanghai People's Congress.

"Line 11 will not become a special Disney Line like in Hong Kong because it will mainly serve regular commuters," Zhang said.

To serve the theme park, Line 11 will have an extension from Luoshan Road Station to Disneyland with stops at Kangqiao Road E., Hengxin Road and Disneyland.

Passengers can change at Luoshan Road Station for a ride on one of the three theme-park painted trains, he said.

The 9.2-kilometer Metro line extension will include 7.7 kilometers above ground but the final stretch will be underground. Passengers will enter the park through an underground passageway. The under-construction Disneyland Metro station will feature a blue color scheme with fantasy elements.

The Disneyland station will be partially underground but will allow in natural light indoors. According to officials it will be surrounded by an artificial lake, trees and shrubs.

RandySavage

One interesting thing to note. The Shanghai Disneyland Hotel (luxury one) will not be "Mictorian" in style, like the other flagship hotels in HKDL, TDL and DLP. The architecture is hard to describe from the blurry images I've seen... a sort of Mansard meets Spanish Revival meets Tibetan stone. Elevations were posted on an architect's portfolio page and quickly taken down (but still viewable as thumbnails on Google image search). Wish I could remember the search terms, but alas...

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
Another project moves forward:

Shanghai Disneyland Gets A TRON Coaster.

Michael Eisner, the Ex-CEO of the Walt Disney Company, has outed the newest ride at Shanghai Disneyland. Fan are both elated and completely ed off at the exact same time once they found out what this new roller coaster with the black supports was.

peep

I don't understand why anyone would be annoyed apart from maybe showing a pic of the ride unfinished? Surely we all knew it was going to be an indoor rollercoaster?

Still I'm excited about this park, especially the Tron rollercoaster.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't understand why anyone would be annoyed apart from maybe showing a pic of the ride unfinished? Surely we all knew it was going to be an indoor rollercoaster?

Still I'm excited about this park, especially the Tron rollercoaster.
Probably because they had the wrong filter on the camera lens. But then again, is there one for smog?

AndyS2992

Not really sure how people are getting TRON Coaster from this image

eisner.jpg

It could be a coaster or ride themed to anything :confused:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
This week Disney and it partner in China made the announcement that they where adding $800 million to the project. It is stated that this is not to cover cost overruns as rumored, but to add additional rides to the park before opening day.

peep

I think this is the best announcement I've heard so far. Most of the time you hear about cut backs, not more money to expand the park before it's even open :p

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Someone in another thread pointed out that Google Earth has recently updated the images from Shanghai so you can really see the progress now. If you want to look for yourself, the coords are 31.1440° N, 121.6572° E. I wasn't able to zoom in to close on the web, it just reverted back to an older image, but it worked better in the standalone Google Earth viewer.

sdl.jpg

jdmdisney99

Someone in another thread pointed out that Google Earth has recently updated the images from Shanghai so you can really see the progress now. If you want to look for yourself, the coords are 31.1440° N, 121.6572° E. I wasn't able to zoom in to close on the web, it just reverted back to an older image, but it worked better in the standalone Google Earth viewer.

View attachment 54807
Very cool. Seems China is getting the scaled down SDMT as well...
image.jpg

BrianLo

Very cool. Seems China is getting the scaled down SDMT as well...

No qualms with that whatsoever. The problem lies when it is somehow supposed to be the signature addition. In Shanghai's case it's not even breaking top five, so it can be exactly what it is, a beautiful fun little D-ticket.

I hope though we don't just see a recycled Pooh from Florida and HK. I don't think anything outside of SDMT (which is after all brand new) is a direct clone as far as I'm aware.

Nland316

Even if Shanghai is getting an exact copy of the SDMT, I'm hoping that they use the projected animatronics for the dwarfs in the last cottage scene! The ones used in Florida are recycled from the old Snow White ride which is not the case for Shanghai. Hopefully they get the same ones going into the actual mine.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Even if Shanghai is getting an exact copy of the SDMT, I'm hoping that they use the projected animatronics for the dwarfs in the last cottage scene! The ones used in Florida are recycled from the old Snow White ride which is not the case for Shanghai. Hopefully they get the same ones going into the actual mine.

I think the one 'we' got in the MK was the guinea pig design for the Shanghai one. Hopefully they are able to increase capacity because, well, its Shanghai...

I wonder if it's going to look the same as the one we have. I see the track layout is the same, but maybe they'll change up the scenery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom